PALS Miniatures 2013 Foals Due***Perfect Foaled A Filly 4/25***Chrissy Foaled 4/26***Updated Picture

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm ready to see another fewspot or snowcap after that stunning little boy !! Just perfect !

PS: Pam -- now how come a pinto breeder gets such a stunning few spot the 1st time out with their first EVER appaloosa mare ?? Is that beginners luck....or what!!
default_whistling.gif

Last edited:
I'm ready to see another fewspot or snowcap after that stunning little boy !! Just perfect !

PS: Pam -- now how come a pinto breeder gets such a stunning few spot the 1st time out with their first EVER appaloosa mare ?? Is that beginners luck....or what!!
default_whistling.gif
Those were my thoughts, exactly Diane! LOL I would be thrilled with a fewspot or snowcap colt! I think I'll go tell Katiebug that.
default_yes.gif
She truly does look close to foaling, but I've been fooled many times before. LOL

Still no baby! She was pretty uncomfortable last night. I'm heading out to feed and check for any changes. I will probably leave her transmitter on her today, but will turn her out with her friend in the barn lot.

Update: Katiebug has cow pies and is dripping milk!! Hope she decides to lay down and have it soon!!

COME ON KATIEBUG!!!! I've been checking all morning and hoping to see this! Won't be long now!!!! YEAH for you!

Praying for an uneventful delivery of a VERY SPOTTED healthy little one -- praying for a fewspot or snowcap for you!
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Just saw your title change Pam. Congratulations!!!!! Can't wait to see photos and so happy for you!!!

Woo Hoo! Katiebug started labor at 1:15 PM today. I moved her friend to the next pen so she wouldn't bother her. It is so warm and humid today that I thought it would be best for her to foal outside. She got down to pushing after getting up and down a few times. It was pretty much textbook.......thankfully! One leg was back a little further, but I was able to get ahold of it. It was a tight fit since she is a maiden. Hubby helped to gently pull the skin back in order to get the head out........while I pulled. Once the head was out she slid right out! I'm going to call her a buckskin near leopard! The white goes all the way up past her withers, so maybe it's still considered just a blanket. Diane can tell me for sure. Either way, I LOVE her! She's not dry yet, but I'll attach a couple of pictures.

DSCN1594.JPGDSCN1592.JPGIMG_6182.JPG

Wow, is she ever gorgeous!!! I'm envious of your beautiful babies and you need to keep them until I can get there and see them!!! I'm so thankful you were able to help at the birth and all went well. I think you have the most awesome foals.

NOW THAT IS ONE BEAUTIFUL FILLY!!!!!! Yes, Pam, a near-leopard and just GORGEOUS!!!!!

Momma did herself proud with this little one! We prayed for lots of SPOTS and we got them for sure!!!!

Can't wait to see some dry pictures of her. She's simplly stunning and LOUD!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on the filly fairy too!!!

Yippeeee and congratulations she is stunning, what a fabulous colour
default_smile.png
you must be over the moon.

Many congratulations yet again Pam - and well done Katiebug!!
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif

What a fabulous colour - cant wait to see her all dried out!

Thank you all so much!! I am just thrilled with the color.
default_yes.gif
She has such a long neck it seems. Katiebug decided that she didn't want me to help anymore. So I have been letting them bond in the stall. I believe that she has nursed. She's been in the right place. But if I try to go in to get a better look, Katiebug gets all nervous. So I've been 'spying' from the next stall. LOL Katiebug's udder isn't dripping milk, so I'm sure she has nursed. I'll be going out to feed soon and will check again. I didn't get to dry her off good, and her hair is not 'fluffed' yet, so I'm hoping that I can do that when Katiebug eats. LOL Then I'll get more pictures.

Thanks again for the compliments!

Pam, I've been back to look at the pictures a hundred times. I think she's faking us out with that foal coat. It looks like her white goes all the way down the legs to to hooves. Does she have any spotting on her face?

With white to the hooves and even a few spots on her face -- she's a full leopard! I'm thinking that baby peach fuzz has us fooled!

Can't wait to hear what you say!

Hi Diane,

I took some more pictures of the filly, and I'll attach them. I don't see any spots hiding on her face. The spots go down a ways on her legs, but I still believe she will have black legs. The spots do go up her neck.

We ended up having to milk Katiebug. Her teats are really small, and the filly was having trouble latching onto them. I syringed some colostrum into her. It gave her enough energy to keep trying. I will keep going out to milk her out if her teats get tight again. The filly knows where the milk is............It's just hard for her to latch on. I'll be watching her all night.

IMG_6185.JPGIMG_6188.JPGIMG_6186.JPG

MY OH MY!!! She is just fantastic!!! I just want to kiss her tiny face, SO happy for you!! Cant wait for tons and tons more photos hehe

Latest posts

Back