PALS Miniatures 2013 Foals Due***Perfect Foaled A Filly 4/25***Chrissy Foaled 4/26***Updated Picture

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palsminihorses

Reaction score
Okay, I finally got some decent (for me) pictures of my three mares that are due to foal. All mares are bred to our snowcap appaloosa stallion, Iles Smokin Aces. The first mare is Maple Hollows Perfect Echo, a solid buckskin mare we purchased from Melinda's mom.
default_yes.gif
She is at 311 days today (4/17). Last year she foaled at 311 days. Her udder is pretty full, but I believe it will get tighter. I tested her milk last night, and it wasn't 'close,' but I will be testing it daily now. I haven't put the Equipage on her yet, but I may do that tonight.

DSCN1395_1_1.JPGDSCN1404_1_1.JPGIMG_6041_1_1.JPG

The next mare is Derbytowns So Sorrel. 'Chrissy' normally foals close to 330 days. However, this year she has a huge udder that is getting firm, and she is only at 310 days today! I have been testing her milk also. I don't have her belly clipped yet, but I plan to do so in the next day or two.

DSCN1400_1_1.JPGIMG_6033_1_1.JPGIMG_6052_1_1.JPG

The next mare is PALS Katiebug Cuddles. Katiebug is a 4-yr-old maiden. So I'm not sure how long she will carry. Her mother carried close to 330 days. She is at 303 days today, but she has a nice udder started for a maiden mare. So far I can't get anything out of her udder. At least she doesn't seem to mind me trying. LOL

IMG_6006_1_1.JPGDSCN1403_1_1.JPGIMG_6039_1_1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
All girls look great and judging by the pics (great ones by the way) they won't be long.
default_thumbup.gif

They are looking great, cant wait for your foals to arrive so we can stare at your lil spotties too!!! Really excited to see what Perfect has for ya with Smokey!

Looks like you're going to have some foals here pretty soon! Can't wait to see your spotted babies!

Thanks everyone! Well, I'm sure hoping for spots...........but live and healthy first!

Becky, Chrissy is Freckles' mama. I need to get her clipped and cleaned up. She's so much prettier than her picture shows.

Both Perfect and Chrissy have sticky milk this evening, so I am going to put their transmitters on for the night.

Sounds VERY exciting!! Keep us posted!! I can't wait to see more SPOTS!!!!!

They are all looking fabulous - and it doesn't sound (or look) as though you will have long to wait for some very pretty babies!
default_yes.gif

Good luck!

I love your mares!!! Hope to get to meet your babies when I'm out there and will be watching your posts.

They are looking great, cant wait for your foals to arrive so we can stare at your lil spotties too!!! Really excited to see what Perfect has for ya with Smokey!
Yes, Melinda, I'm really anxious to see Perfect's foal! Her 'hoo-ha' is pretty puffy this morning, and her udder is more firm. Here's a picture taken this morning.

IMG_6065_1_1.JPG

Thank you to Renee, Becky, Sara, Lexischase, and Anna for your kind words about our mares.

Also, Sara, I'll be anxious to meet you when you get moved here to Missouri! And I'd love to see your mares, foals, and all your other critters too!
default_yes.gif

Wow Pam that is a puffy hoo haw. Looks like there's a baby on the way.
default_yes.gif

Wow Pam that is a puffy hoo haw. Looks like there's a baby on the way.
default_yes.gif
I turned her out of her stall before I checked for the color inside. Then she didn't want me to check! LOL So I will be checking her often today. They are standing inside the barn isle because it is still raining lightly. We got amost three inches of rain early this morning! Tornado warning went out, but thankfully, it didn't do anything here!

Well, Perfect's puffy hoo-ha isn't so puffy this morning. I'm guessing maybe the foal was just getting into position. And now Chrissy's milk is testing 'closer' than Perfect's. I'll try to get some updated pictures today.

Chrissy has a bit of wax now. Her milk tests close to the 6.5 on the Foal Time strips..............as close as I can tell. This is the first year I have used them. And as you can see from her picture (with ears back), she is miserable! LOL

IMG_6071_1_1.JPGIMG_6072_1_1.JPG

Wow Chrissy is going to have a baby very soon
default_smile.png
Don't take your eyes off her, Foal-Time are very precise. Safe foaling:)

Ooooooo I see a baby alert!! Come on Chrissy, let's see what you are hiding in there!

Latest posts

Back