PlayTime Minis - 2014 Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great photos of "our" little Dazzle!! She is so cute, feminine and SPUNKY! Just perfect in every way!! ENJOY!!

Thanks Diane. Gee, you'd think I was the only one who ever had a foal I'm so excited. Always wonderful when you see them born safely and start to thrive.

Here's Kalico today.

2014april20thkalico 006.JPG 2014april20thkalico 005.JPG

2014april20thkalico 002.JPG 2014april20thkalico 003.JPG

"Dazzle" - absolutely love it , so cute Sara
default_smile.png

A little bit more forward for baby -- some good rolling will solve that. Then a bit more elongation and she'll be good to go! She's filling that udder, and that can fill VERY quickly as we all know. So, she's moving ahead VERY well!

Thanks Ryan and Diane, good to know. I'm watching her closely. Thank you.

Now that the snow is gone, I won't be on the boards much. Have to enjoy the brief warmer weather. So happy to be out and about again with the horses and no time for the computer but I wanted to update you and let you know Kalico foaled a healthy, bouncing baby colt on the 17th. He's jet black - no white on him anywhere - totally surprised by that but I finally have my little show colt and I'm thrilled. He looks like a giant compared to Dazzle but he's just a normal sized A mini. I named him Spider because of his long legs - reminds me of a Daddy Long Legs. Kalico had an easy delivery. Nothing to it thankfully.

I'll be back when Clorox or Fannie foal but I think I've got at least another 6 weeks or so. Hope everyone is having a fabulous spring!!!

2014may20thspider 010.JPG 2014may21stspideranddazzle 010.JPG

Here's his video - 2 days old and running like crazy.

http://youtu.be/OHcrgzXnRvk

The video is wonderful! Look at him run!!! He's a handsome boy! We'll see you after a while....ENJOY the nice weather! Don't be gone long!

What a gorgeous little fella!! Enjoy your break with your animals Sara - looking forward to seeing you again as your other two girls get closer to foaling.
default_yes.gif

I've been busy with the horses and really nothing going on so I haven't been on the boards. Clorox looks about to pop soon but Fannie looked a while off - no bag, no elongated hoo haw, no dropped tail head and I checked every single day but then this morning, she decides to go into labor and out pops a teeny, tiny red and white filly. Mom and babe are resting and I haven't done photos but will later.

Has anyone ever had a mare foal who had no signs at all? I know Wish's bag didn't come in until after she foaled but she had other signs.

Going to have to work Surprise into her name. She looks healthy and she is nursing but going to watch her closely.

First and only photo. She's nursing well so I'm leaving them alone for a while to bond and baby didn't appreciate the flash. I've already named her Surprise because she surely was. She measures 16" so she's a tiny girl.

2014june14thsurprise 006.JPG

Congrats!! I saw this on FB and had to come over here to find out more details. Guess she was a surprise!! And a pinto!! Who is her Daddy?

Her sire is HSF Orion Star and he has appy in his background but he is bay and Fannie is a black and white pinto. Yes, total surprise as Fannie had no signs at all she was going to foal. I've been keeping a close eye on her but thought I had another few weeks to go which is why the name Surprise.

JUST AWESOME TO SEE!! CONGRATULATIONS ON A WONDERFUL LITTLE GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, I had a mare foal with absolutely NO signs, and unfortunately for me, the foal was born in pasture and never got out of the sack. So, I'm very happy that all went well here, and she's gorgeous!!

Diane, I'm so sorry you lost your baby. This was such a surprise birth to me. I had looked at the breeding dates and she could have been due next month and I thought surely she was a few weeks out. She has a big bag now and is feeding the baby and they are doing great thankfully. Didn't get to go out today because it's raining. Thank you for your kind words.

Thanks so much!! Hope to get her out today but not sure it's going to stop raining. In the meantime, here's two new photos of The Spider and Razzle Dazzle.

2014june13thkateandsurprise 017.JPG

2014june13thkateandsurprise 011.JPG

Just look at those special little ones!! Awwwwwwwwww

Now don't forget to post these little lovelies in our baby photo album!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back