PlayTime Minis - 2014 Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainWoman

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Good to be back with you!! I missed all of you. I don't have much happening for 2014 (or at least not at the moment). One of my mares miscarried (she is doing well thankfully) and the other wasn't bred as I had thought so at the moment, I have one foal due in February but it's an awesome one.

The mare is a pintaloosa - RFM's IMA Sweet Creation and the sire is Fallen Ash Eagles Fine Art. Madeline as I call her stands at 28.5" and is a maiden so I'm watching her closely.

Here's her photo:

largeFile1 (1).jpg

And a link to the Sire's page:

http://reecefamilyminiatures.com/fineart.htm

In other news, Angel and her Mom Wish are headed to DHTC for show season 2014. Here's a photo of her enjoying her first snow. I think she's smoky cream and she has ice blue eyes and she loves to talk.

2013november10thfirstsnow 002.JPG

Mighty Mike is going to be out and about showing again and I have two other colts at the show barn as well.

The first is Rapture's Twice in a Blue Moon and here's his photo. He's another teeny, tiny boy.

1459205_10202160054510422_1014535508_n.jpg

And the other is Cedar Fields Starry Night.

1463658_10201874124289162_845178918_n.jpg

After last year, I was bitten by the show bug and can't wait for show season to start again. Kate, my filly from Sweetie, is staying home with me this season and will show in 2015. As to Raven's filly, Suzette, she's a doll baby and is going to mature at about 29" and has turned into a bay roan.

I might have other news after the first of the year but I'm not counting my chickens until they actually hatch.

Anyway, I'm glad to be back with all of you and looking forward to your help and advice as Madeline gets ready to foal.

I'll do photos of her as soon as our ice storm passes through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful babies going to show!!!

That beautiful little "Angel" is just so exciting to see!!

I'm especially wanting to know how Starry Night does (it's the spots, you know -- LOL). Jennifer is a friend, and I helped her find Starry Night's sire (Teachers Pet Starchief) for her farm. I owned Starchief's dam, Teachers Pet Eva Gabor, and she was an great producer, and Starchief has also produced some awesome babies, and this baby is no exception -- his foals are wonderful!! So please keep us posted on how the shows go this year, too!!

Thank you Diane. I'll definitely keep you informed. That's so exciting you played such a big part in finding Starry Night's sire for Jennifer. I can't wait to see how he does too. I can guarantee there's not going to be another horse out showing with his patterning. Thanks again for the welcome and glad to be back.

Hey, great to have you back! Sounds as though 2014 is going to be another exciting year for you and Madeline is going to be the start of it in February - cant wait to see her baby, she's such a beautiful little girl herself.
default_yes.gif

As for your little colts - well they are just gorgeous and are going to wow the show ring for sure!

Exciting! Will be watching!

Well I have some news although not foal related. I've been searching for a stallion (not a colt) for a long time and been going back and forth between a few but I really wanted a smaller one as my minis are all under 30" for the most part. So I'm happy to announce I now have a double bred Buckeroo stallion, Little King's Gotta Be Buckeroo, son of Boone's Little Buckeroo. He's 29" and a buckskin pinto. He'll be staying at the show barn and will be out showing in 2014 if all goes as planned. I have to say I love the boys and they don't all need to stay stallions and I'm going to be doing some gelding. I think the under 30" minis are just so great to get out and do therapy work and be ambassadors of the breed.

That's all going on here and hope everyone isn't getting the awful icy weather we are having.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooooooooooooo! Many congratulations!! Pics are a must, as you well know! PLEASE.
default_yes.gif

Here he is in pasture shape. Can't wait to see him spiffed up to show. And thank you Ladies.

_horse1_3095.jpg

Thanks Anna. I've been going back and forth about another stallion and then he appeared and I knew it was meant to be.

Just an update - Madeline was pastured with the stallion from March 15th to May 20th so I calculated that giving birth at 300 days if she was bred right away could mean a baby as early as January 9th. While that isn't likely to happen, I went ahead and prepared as our weather is way below zero at the moment.

She definitely looks as though she's changed shape from bulging side to more of a dropped position and she's been rolling and rolling in the snow. I don't have a working camera at the moment but should have one soon so I can get photos.

That's it from frozen and bitterly cold Vermont. Hope everyone had a great holiday season.

Well, keep us posted!! It's even 'cold' in Florida -- they're saying it will be in the 50's tonight! LOL

Since I'm from the Adirondack Mountains in New York -- where most of February is 20+ below zero, I think it's so funny when people here in Florida think they are freezing!

Can't wait to see some pictures of her. Sounds like she's been repositioning that little one! Good going little momma!

You already know I love your new guy and those are gonna be some knock out show yearlings for 2014

I hope your mare gives you a little break to wait till early spring at least. But we all know you'll tough it out in the frozen north

Stay warm . we're back to cold here again but we have been lucky to have all the storms miss us,

it's been getting warmer when they come thru and we have just gotten rain...hope it stays that way

Oh, I'm envious of your warmer weather Diane and Lori glad storms have missed you. We're headed to 30 below and our days are hovering in the below zero range too. But we only have about a foot of snow on the ground so far. I hope she holds off but she's fine in the barn as it's warm in there but really not the kind of weather for foaling. After last year and thinking Wish was ready for months and then she didn't foal until October, I'm thinking Madeline will go until spring especially as a maiden but the rolling is a sign to me she's positioning the baby. Photos on Friday and thanks for your help!

Love your new Boy...he is handsome!

Really hoping that she will hang on nearer to the Spring for you - but as to the weather, I'm wishing that we had some snow and freezing temps right now as for most of December here in the UK we have been having more or less continuous storms of lashing rain and 70-80 mph winds! There has been so much flooding all over the country which has also caused disruption to road and rail travel, and one bad storm closed the airports over the Christmas period which left folks stranded and unable to get away. At the moment we have 12 severe gale warnings just round the south coast of Wales for flooding as the high tide combinds with the gales and rain - luckily we are 800 feet up above sea level here although only 30 miles from the coast so we dont flood but we do get the winds!

The minis are getting pretty fed up I can tell you - they all live out as I dont have buildings available right now but I do have 60 acres and loads of grass, still we do struggle out every morning to dump piles of hay out in the sheltered areas to try to warm them up a bit, bless them! The two 'golden oldies' and the one stallion that I do have stabling for are getting pretty jumpy with all the noise from the howling gales, half the time they want to go out, but once out they decide they would prefer to be back in and have me running to and fro all day to answer their demands!! Now it is 8am here and I'm off to don yet another load of wet weather gear to brave the elements for the day's work - tomorrow the wind is supposed to be dropping for most of the day, leaving us with just showers (hooray!), but tomorrow night and all day Sunday the weather is coming back again! It really is unrelenting!! Please could you send us a spell of your snow and frozen ground - I know ducks like water, but I am seriously getting fed up with paddling around all the time!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back