Kate ~ Testing READY!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day 325 ~ Kates milk has gotten VERY sticky, ph dropped from 8.4 to 7.5 in past 24 hrs. Foaling udder still not in, but milk is thicker. IF she follows her usual we should see a foal by Sunday or Monday night. YAY! I will update tonight with pictures... Hope she continues to drop!

ETA: her calcium has also gone from 400 to 1000 in the past 24 hrs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you've reached the exciting no-sleep time! I'll do my best to keep an eye on the webcam to help out if I can. Best wishes for a safe foaling and I'll be looking for an exciting update soon
default_smile.png

Day 324~

At 5 pm barn time we got 7.5 ph and calcium at 1000 udder almost a foaling udder but not quite. Milk is super glue sticky!

I am getting excited! I dont think she will go tonight but perhaps by end of weekend!

2.13.155pm 001.jpg

You cam doesn't show the time so not sure what it is with you but Kate looks as though she is 'patiently waiting'! Several piles of normal droppings so agree with you in that she has a little more time to go. A Valentine baby would be nice so come on Kate, this evening would be good. But unless that ph drops fast I would say tommorw or Monday??

Whatever/whenever, good luck and safe foaling.
default_pray.gif

Thanks yall! 5 am barn time, Kate is now testing 7.2 ph... I am still thinking Sunday or Monday right now... Udder is huge and tight, still not quite her foaling udder. She has had several bouts of uncomfyness. Vulva long and red, but not scarey /angry looking yet ...Lol! I am so excited I cant stand it!

Ok soooo WE ARE TESTING READY FREDY!

ph 6.4 calcium 1000

Were gonna have a baby on Valentines Day!!!

She is really calm for a mare that should be foaling lol.... testing lower than 6.4 Udder all but bursting!

Think you have missed having a Valentine baby Holly - Kate obviously intends to keep you guessing a little bit longer, naughty girl! Maybe she will give you a daytime baby, although as you are behind us timewise, maybe a baby anytime now (before your day begins)? Good luck!!

Back