Magic Marker 2015

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rain is at 322 days and is slowly moving forward. She's been shopping more. A little more and fill the nipples. Still needs to be more elongated. When I took the side picture baby was more aligned up with her spine. Almost v'd. Didn't really like the picture, so went back out. Baby had moved again. She was as wide as a house and her tummy was rounded like a smiley face. I've started setting my alarm for every two hours to check on her.

CAM00829.jpg

CAM00830.jpg

CAM00831.jpg

CAM00836.jpg

I see definite changes too , best of luck MMM . Don't think you'll be setting that alarm for too much longer .
default_smile.png

So sorry to hear your news, prayers for your family
default_pray.gif

Your puppies are adorable!!

pups are definitely cute! Sorry about Kari's family. Cyber hugs your direction and prayers for support.

She looks to be on her way, not too long now...
default_smile.png

So sorry to read about Kari's Mom, my thoughts are with her and the family.

What a cute bundle of pups - more pics when you have the time please. Dont think Rain will keep you waiting much longer - time to be doing the continual watch I think!

Thankfully she didn't go lastnight. Had two surprise storms roll through. First one brought rain and wind. Second one brought rain, wind, hail, thunder, and lightening. Had to go and bring puppies in the house after the second storm. Wet and not happy.

Hi there:)

I am VERY new to the mini horse world!! We purchased Star a couple months ago--previous owner said she may have been bred and if so she thought she would goal sometime in April. We didn't notice much until about 3 weeks ago and that was teat development. Attached are pics from today. What is everyone's opinion on a delivery date? Thanks sooooooo much!!

Sorry! Here is the pic:)

image.jpg

We have a filly!!!! Looks sorrel but when I checked color calculator, that color wasn't.on there. Unless it was lower and my phone is being stupid. I checked her before I went to bed at 9 pm. Had my alarm set for every two hours. With little sleep the night before, I never heard the alarm. Woke more fully up at 2 am because Wildfire (father) was going nuts. Sat up and at first just saw Rain in her stall standing with another mare standing in front of stall. Other mare moved, as well as Rain. Finally relieved the white thing behind her was a sac. Jumped out of the truck and went over. Both legs and head where out. Went in and helped pull baby out. She stayed standing until the very end.

Sire is a pinto and dam may have minimal splash. Foal is solid with maybe four white socks. She also has two dime size white spots. One on her withers and other one in the main. Will get pictures later in the morning. Put blanket on baby and letting them bond.

We were right - not long to wait!

Sure miss being able to change the title of a post. Loved that feature - once I figured it out. Wanted to see what color your stallion is...

The pups are too cute - can't wait to see pics of them as they mature. Have one "dumb" question? How, as a breeder, for the "others" out there - do you mark/identify the individual pups that are all "the same color"? I'm pretty sure you can tell them apart? I know that with the chickens - they are banded or toe punched and small BY breeder/owners usually don't have too many exactly the same (well, except for me, duh - and w/o bands I can't tell my girls apart!)...

For our family, and for others and for identification during storms (hurricanes & tornadoes most likely) - I am loving having the collars w/ large orange (actually ear tags for cattle) tags on our ponies. You can see the tags from a distance and a good camera can pick up the names on them from a distance as well... Have to get our phone #s on the back of them now. Have a couple tags that need to be replaced - they do come off. Just bought another bag of them and will be hanging one at each bucket that I feed at - so anyone can see where who goes to eat in each pasture. Only have one paddock now that eats loose.

Congratulations on your birth and looking forward to seeing pics when they have bonded and you have "napped"...
default_smile.png

When I van figure out how to tell the puppies apart, I'll let you know. Her last litter had puppies with mask but where faint. As puppies got older, it got near impossible to tell apart. I think this litter have mask also, just don't know how dark.

He have three stallions. Casper (cremello) is the sire to our first colt. Rohan (silver smoky black) is the sire to the second colt. Wildfire is our junipr stallion and the sire to the last two foals. Colt didn't make it. Wildfire is a dunskin pinto.

This filly is a sorrel with four white socks and two small spots on wither. She is weak in the back and having trouble finding the milk. I've got her to nurse while laying down, so got some colostrum in her. Waiting for roommate to tell me where the baby bottles are. Rains bag is huge and tight with little nipples. May milk her, so I can lessen her bag and give baby more colostrum.

First picture is the sire. The baby pictures are not the best because she kept walking up to me. Will get better pictures once she is turned out. She has 7" cannons and her name is undecided. MMM Wildfire?.

CAM00110.jpg

CAM00860.jpg

CAM00863.jpg

CAM00865.jpg

Don't have a 50 cc syringe, but mom stood while I milked four ounces in a baby bottle. Baby ate three ounces. Will do it again in two hours, unless she figures it out. You can at least see Rains teats now

O, she's a cutie! Glad that you got milk/colostrum into her. Waiting to see how she does! Prayers and Cyber Hugs to you.

As to color -

I'm not sure how the "dun" in "dunskin" works. BUT buckskin is either homozygous or heterozygous black, bay gene (could be 2),

Latest posts

Back