Kate ~ Testing READY!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations to you both, Set my alarm early this morning hoping to wake up too some foaling news
default_smile.png

Welcome Corserbury's Hyde~N~Seek! Bay roan welsh filly, barn name Heidi!!!

21815am 013.jpg

21815930 am 007.jpg

21815930 am 011.jpg

21815930 am 029.jpg

Oh, she's just lovely!!!! What a beautiful little girl with that wonderful 'signature' star on her forehead!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Many congratulations Holly - what a fabulous filly, love the name too!!
default_thumbup.gif
Lots more pics please.
default_yes.gif

Heidi is starting to unfold nicely! Supposed to have rain for the next few days ( again) so sadly they will be in the barn a bit longer. At least lil Heidi has a long stall to stretch her legs a bit... She is turning into a sweet friendly girl and loves her scratches... Its so funny I love all my foals, but there is just something extra special to me about Kates foals, possibly because she is such a good mare and I just love her soooo much!

Ok so a bit off topic, Being that Kate is a grade welsh ( her foals are all reg 1/2 welsh because of the sire) I know NOTHING of her bloodline, I wasnt able to trace her all the way back to her breeders, but as far back as I could find she was from a welsh and Quarter farm in East texas some where, and thats a Large area lol! Ok so on with this .... So far 4 of 4 of Kates foals have been roan like her, what do yall think the possibility of her being homozygous for the roan gene is? I know I could get her tested to know for sure, and heck I gues she is until she throws a solid, but I am starting to think its a pretty darn good possibility she is!

It would be interesting to have her tested but with the 4 out of 4 it certainly looks more than a possibility.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
You need more baby pics! Is a roan gene special? Or you just want to be sure all her babies are roan for breeding? Yeah I am so lost when y'all talk like this. Whatever the reason. This is one of my favorite breeds. My sons girlfriend barrel races. She has a beautiful roan that I really like. I am not scared to ride her, well she did. They sold her as a brood mare! I try not to get attached to her horses. She has to find me another one to ride now.

Roan is just a *color Pattern* I like, some people like it some do not. I would be thrilled if she is homozygous and passes roan on to all her foals!

She could be homozygous for the gene for sure, and testing would be the fastest way to find out. She's a beauty!

Pictured from her first day out

heidi 3 days old 005.jpg

heidi 3 days old 006.jpg

heidi 3 days old 008.jpg

Yes I do, I sell the foals, only one filly this year. I see you are in East Texas, I am also, I am in Splendora. Where are you located?

Latest posts

Back