Prayers needed for Pacific Pintos NOW!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Praying
default_pray.gif
:pray
default_pray.gif
:pray
default_pray.gif

Does anyone know whats going on?!

I just spoke with Joanne. The mare aborted this morning, and she is now trying to pass the placenta. Joanne and her vet are working with the mare and hopefully the placenta will pass soon. She is very thankful for the thoughts and prayers and will post when she is able.

Thank you,

Liz N.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm worried ... I assume it was JoAnne that was in the stall earlier, with the mare, trying to get her to eat something, then the mare layed down and she tried to pull the foal .... not sure what position the foal is in but it's obviously gone. The mare seems really weak now. I wish I knew what was going on there!!!! It's hard to watch and not be able to do anything.

The twitter feed reads: "Deelite lost her foal this am. We are still waiting for her to pass the placenta. We are monitoring her until she does. You will see it."

Praying.....poor little mare, so hard to see her like that. It must be so hard on JoAnne right now, we all need to pray that they get through it ok with a happy ending.

Sad about the loss of the foal ... retained placenta just makes a bad situation worse! I just knew something was not right when I clicked in on the cam. Praying that the situation is over for them soon and the mare can recover.

Oh my God Joanne, I am sooo sorry. I am hoping and praying all goes OK with getting Deelite to expell the placenta. My prayers are with you and her.
default_pray.gif

Joanne said she would keep the camera on as long as possible... hoping for a happy ending here. I know she and her vet are doing everything they can.

Liz N.

Latest posts

Back