Prayers needed for Pacific Pintos NOW!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no, Mona...
default_no.gif
I wish there was something to say that would help... but there's not. just a horrible tragedy, such a loss... I am just so sorry and please know we are all thinking of you and Joanne. Tears over here in California...

Liz N.

I was so hoping this wasn't the update I would read... I am so very sorry for your loss of precious Deelite and her foal. My heart breaks for you Joanne and Mona. Sending the biggest possible hugs!!!

To Joanne and Mona -- I am so sorry. My heart breaks for both of you.
default_sad.png

So sorry to Joanne and Mona
default_sad.png
Thinking of you both

I am so sorry! So very sad. Thank you for sharing this very unsettling truth of the breeding end of the business. My heart goes out to both Mona and Joanne. No matter how excellent the level of care and knowledge, mother nature deals us some very disheartening blows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very sorry...it's so heartbreaking to loose both mare and foal.

Im so so sorry , many of us know the heart break you are going through , our thoughts are with you x

So very sorry to read about this. My prayers are with Joanne right now.

I am so sorry for your loss JoAnne. My thoughts and prayers are with your family and future foals and mares to foal.

Thank you all for your prayers and support. I am heartbroken. I loved that mare so much. The filly she had with Jazz was exquisite. She went into labor 8-10 weeks too soon. The foal was dead. The head was all the way back toward the hip. I was able to get the feet in position and when the vet arrived, he was able to foal it out. It was a VERY tough delivery. She was shocky and even with immediate care, she ended up prolapsing the uterus overnight and we had to euthenize her yesterday am. My grief at loosing both the beautiful filly and Deelight knows no depths of sorrow. I want to go back a few days and have her safely in foal again with a long anticipated birth.

I cannot tell you how much I LOVE all my horses and their loss is so hard on me. Deelite followed me around my farm and would come when I called her, as do many of my horses. All my horses know their names. Just a few weeks ago she met me at the mare foaling barn and asked for a stall. I am a push over and said, "O.K., but you are too early to be in everynight for the next 10 weeks." I had planned to bring her and Tequila who is due two weeks earlier in next week. Now I wonder if she was trying to tell me something. She was never a bother, she was always my friend. Until the end she did everything we asked of her. Trusting us to do the right thing for her. She died in my arms being kissed and talked too. Mona this was not the ending I ever thought she would have.

She lives on in my heart. I just cannot let her go.

Oh Joanne, I KNOW this was NEVER the ending you had hoped for for Deelite. Unfortunately, as we all know, things happen to mess with our plans, and we never know or understand why. I know that you provided a super, loving and caring home for her the years that you owned her, always ensuring she had the very best of care. I know she will be well taken care of Joanne...my Mom just loved Deelite, and I KNOW she would have been there to greet her upon her arrival, with plenty of hugs. (((HUGS))) to you Joanne.

Thank you also to those of you that offered prayers and kind words of support for both Joanne and myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my. I am so very sorry. Seeing a mare is distress and losing a foal is something I have experienced and brings so much grief. I can only imagine how much more horrific losing a beloved mare in the process would be. Again, I am so sorry for all concerned.

Thank you all.

There really are no words left. Only saddness. But for the living horses here that bring me joy and are slowly healing me with each passing hour I get up each day and go to them.

Her herd misses her too. She and her foal were everything I ever wanted in a horse. Such saddness right now.

Lets hope they are my only sacrifices this year.

We will be on foal watch starting this week. My heart is so very heavy, but my love for them goes on.

Latest posts

Back