PlayTime Minis 2015 Foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish just foaled!!! I think it's buckskin - kind of blue coat color and a colt!!! I have been so busy watching Rose and once again Ms. Wish had no signs she was going to foal so she surprised me meaning once again absolutely no bag at all. I'll do photos when he's dry. Mom and babe are doing well.

Nice!!buckskin!!! So cute.I bet heck have dapples when he's older
default_smile.png
. Look how dark his butt is
default_smile.png

Thanks. He looked almost blue in color when he was wet but now I can definitely see he's buckskin. Don't know about dapples but that would be nice. Dad is buckskin and Mom is a palomino pinto. Anyway, he's Wish's final foal. She's going to be 21 in June and although she's in great shape and I know people do breed mares over 20, she's going to retire and I'm not pushing my luck and risking a problem with her. This baby will be staying with me as he's very special to me being her last foal.

Thank you and Rose is due any second. I think Melinda and I are going to win the prize for the most foals this year
default_yes.gif

Thank you. He's back in his stall sound asleep. Love all these babies.

First a photo of my new baby. I named him Merlin.

2015april10thmaresandfoals 016.JPG

Next is a question. I live in the land of ticks - those small tiny seed tick like critters and I've discovered their favorite place is either on my mares' hoo haws or their bags. I've been picking the little critters off but needless to say my mares are not pleased with having someone removing ticks from such delicate skin. So what can I safely use to repel them that will actually work? Has to be safe enough for nursing mares. Any ideas?

Still waiting for Rosie to decide to foal.

Aww too cute!! Hmmm I'm not sure on the ticks... There's got to be something thats natural you could use... I'm going to ponder on it and see if I can come up with anything.

Ohh I got something! Maybe try coconut oil! Get the virgin unrefined kind. I have heard of people using it on their dogs for fleas and ticks. It will be solid until you grab a handful and rub it together. The warmth of your hands will melt it and then you could rub down their "sensitive areas" and maybe even their legs really good with it. It's all natural and certainly wouldn't hurt a thing to try it!

Thanks for the tip! I have it here because I give it to the piggies as a supplement so I'm going to try it tomorrow and I'll let you know. Thanks so much.

Latest posts

Back