PlayTime Minis 2015 Foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oregon sounds beautiful
default_smile.png
. So far I haven't come across and real things here. Saw a funel over my pasture once. Scared me. I was about to bring the horses into the basement lol. Small earthquake we thought last year. Turns out a house exploded. Literally, and the blast took out several other houses. Happy that house was miles away.

well I guess I'm a bit partial to it, being born an Oregonian. Most people gravitate to portland,eugene, or medford but the western half of the state is beautiful too! Just not as green and more wide open spaces with lots of horsey people!

I'll have to look into it. Maybe I'll vacation there to see how it is. Just gotta get the FAM to agree.

For me, I like anywhere there are wide open spaces, you can live on hundreds of acres and have no neighbors and see cows meandering around instead of people and I guess the weather is secondary. Everywhere has some kind of drawback. One of the wonderful things about our country is everyone can find a place they love. And Oregon is gorgeous. Haven't been there in decades but it was lovely. Maybe it's like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz says "there's no place like home" and I add home is anywhere the horses live.

Thank you everyone for the information on wonderful places to live. I'm gonna have to do some research
default_smile.png

As for you mountain woman when are you gonna grace us with more updated pictures?!:-D:)

Well I've been taking daily hoo haw photos of Rose mostly so I can watch progress and I'd say we're close but not there but instead of sharing nether regions, here are two photos of Mariah Blue. She and Flurry are out together and do surprisingly well together even though Mariah towers over her and Flurry is managing just fine.

2015april6thmariahblue 004.JPG 2015april6thmariahblue 003.JPG

Still a "purty gurl"... Glad to hear Flurry is doing well!! Can't wait to see pics of her too.

What a pretty girl, and yes, we'd love to see a new picture of Flurry, too!

Very nice top line and legs. I too am excited to see some flurry photos
default_smile.png
and I love the name you chose

Here's two Flurry photos. I used to post more photos of Flurry but some people (not on here) got upset by seeing a filly without eyes so I stopped posting head shots of her. Being blind doesn't hinder her.

2015april7thmares 005.JPG

2015april7thmares 006.JPG

I personally don't mind seeing a filly with no eyes. And anyone who is affended should check in the mirror, we all carry something that may offend someone else.

She looks adorable even if all I'm seeing is a fluffy baby butt
default_smile.png
. I lover her mixed tail so cute. I bet she's wondering why your always taking pictures of her butt lol. My girls always turn around like "hey my face is right here".lol

She has her butt to me quite a bit because I still carry her to and from turn out and she gets insulted and tries to kick me. Soon she'll be getting trained to a halter and lead so I won't be carrying her but she's just so tiny she's easy to scoop up. I'm used to her not having eyes and to her it's normal but I guess it's shocking to a lot of people. I've gotten lots of inquiries about why I just didn't put her down. All I can say is to anyone faced with the same situation is that being blind from birth, she doesn't know a different world and she's really not having any problems asserting herself or getting around or even socializing with Mariah and Paradigm is a fantastic mom.

Good for you! I see no reason to put her down just because she was born blind! I love seeing her updates, and we don't mind seeing her face either. we all love the babies! I love her feisty attitude, shes doing just fine in her dark world.
default_thumbup.gif

Aww she is just perfect! I agree with Rebecca and Amanda! We love Flurry just the way she is! And love to see pics of her!

Last edited by a moderator:
They are both precious! I sure don't mind seeing pics of flurry's face. I have a one eyed pony! I had his eye removed bc something happened and when he came to my house, his eye was gross! It was infected and he had already lost sight in it so I just had it removed. He is still everyone's favorite. Well until we got the baby!

I agree with everyone else , she is just lovely Sara. I hope people aren't being nasty about giving her a chance. We love her just the way she is
default_smile.png

This is our Nutty Nursery, as you know, and we're happy she made it safely to the ground, even with her early problem. You won't offend US with pictures of what I believe will be a pretty face -- since the rest of her is just beautiful. We love her the way she is, and if anyone said anything different here, I'd be very surprised. So, don't go crazy trying to hide her face from the Aunties! We would happily kiss her on her little nose, and are very happy that she joined us here!

Sorry you have had some "neigh" sayers.... Oh that was awful ?... I think she is adorable and that she looks great!

Kim the pony you describe reminds me of one I know. L.a. she has one eye. I grew up riding on her at the age of 4. Still alive and teaching kids
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back