PlayTime Minis 2015 Foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Diane. I had an urgent nursing question last year, changed the title and everyone jumped in and helped. I did have a call into my vet but have to wait for them to check their messages. Thanks again and I appreciate it.

That is so comforting to know and so many wonderful people on the Nutty Nursery Board. Just like being with a group of friends.

You know you are on baby watch and tired when... I thought Rose was way past 330 days but when I was looking at the calendar I was looking at April instead of March. Geez. I need some sleep. I'm happy to say she's only at day 328. Will do photos today. I think she is very close.

We' re all here as friends for sure. That's why we enjoy just sharing stories while we wait on all kinds of babies, hobbies, etc. This is my favorite place to be!

Thank you all and yes, the Nutty Nursery is awesome! No baby last night thank goodness. Those big storms rolled through here and it was not a night for foaling. It's my first experience with Midwest storms and wow, are they scary. Never seen so much lightening and large hail before. And the destruction they left elsewhere is heartbreaking.

Are your storms a lot worse than Illinois? Sorry I don't want to sound ignorant. Just curious. I like rain and thunder. But when there is a lot of destruction its not worth i5. Storms to me are calming. Heated blanket,cup of tea, and heavy rain
default_smile.png

It*

Don't know anything about Illinois but the storms here are the kind where you sit glued to the weather station deciding whether to go to your storm shelter or not as tornadoes are springing up all over. This was large size hail, thousands of lightening strikes (according to the Weather Channel), heavy rain, high winds and tornado watches. I was scared. Not used to them at all.

ok I love a great thunderstorm, but not that kind! Thank goodness for Oregon, I'd take living among the ring of fire and occasional earthquakes over tornadoes any day!

If I ever move, remind me never to move to Missouri. I can not deal with tornadoes/lightning strikes. I hope you get some nicer weather soon. I just got snow..again. Very odd weather. Hoping for warmth soon
default_smile.png

Beautiful California weather here, so you can always move to Cali!

A little scary that we have had very little rain this year. Now praying for a mild summer to help the drought.

Is there anywhere with minimal to..no natural disasters?

Lol my sis was in Cali just recently moved back to be closer to the fam. Iv never been but have only heard good things.
default_smile.png

KLM you and I both! Fire season this year is going to be terrible, let alone hay prices! This drought is taking a toll on our slice of the world
default_sad.png

^^^
default_thumbdown.gif

I agree. Its gonna be a hold on and pray king of year!

But Rebecca, Central Cali, no real disasters. We have earthquakes, but not as many as the story books say. At least not in Central Cali.

California is no picnic either. I've been in an earthquake out there and that was a horrible experience. I guess if I were to pick the best weather is Vermont as long as you have a nice warm house to get through the winter. Not much going on there except bitter cold and lots of snow.

I haven't been around much. Been enjoying gorgeous warm, sunny weather. Just shedding out horses and playing with babies. I goofed on Rose's dates. I counted her as 300 days from the first day she was bred instead of the last so I have another month to go.

Been enjoying the babies. Flurry is doing well and can get around very well. She's feisty too and if I try to carry her, she let's me know that is unacceptable and tries to kick.

Going to try to catch up on everyone's foaling threads.

You'll have to share some more baby pictures with us, when you get a chance!

Oregon has earthquakes too, but it is a rare occurrence to get any that you feel. We have it all. beaches, mountains, desert, and the very green willamette valley& rogue valley.

Latest posts

Back