Marlanoc Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are awesome Ryan, thanks! :D

Only mare I'm still unsure about now is Belle, everyone else seems to have a nice belly forming and I've felt movement from Kirra and Dreamy. But Belle kept me guessing right up to landing Bello on the ground last year!

I'm not used to maidens but even Taff and Varda appear to have their first ever foal bellies forming although they are more obvious from behind then the side.

Yup I'm back to showing this season Di after a nice 2 years off
default_thumbup.gif

I'll be taking Shadowfax out in November and I might have little Tatiana prepped up as well for her first show then. And I might drag Spesh out of his semi retirement to go with them since I know he'll be good for Tat.

I might prep little Bello as well and take him out as a yearling gelding. Or put Derby into work and bring him out as a 4yr old jumper. A few options! Thor is looking really nice too but a bit gawky as a 2yr old, I might stick to my older plan and wait for his 3yr old season instead.

Oh and all of this in amongst a million clinics, low grade comps and demo type days with the Icelandics
default_thud.gif
but we all know how much I suck at not being busy!

Well, I look forward to the show pictures and your successes. Sounds like a busy schedule for you, but I know you love being busy...and winning!

Still love to win
default_wink.png

BUT I think the break and Magni have done me some good. No wonder I burnt myself out, I was so focused on the next win and the next win I never enjoyed the moments themselves if that makes sense. Back when I was showing Derby I loved just getting him out there, doing a good work out and presenting him well. I want to get back to that
default_smile.png

Magni being so green means I've been having rides where I'm happy to just see an improvement. Last showjumping training day we never got a clear round but each round was better then the one before. And I was thrilled when after almost refusing the brick wall he didn't even look at it the next two times! I want to take those feelings to my mini showing as well.

You will. Sometimes we just need that "step back" to bring us back to loving it again. I personally can't wait to see your pictures of the shows. And Magni sounds like he's coming along fabulously. We need a few more pictures of him, too!
default_whistling.gif

I did a photoshoot with him recently but didn't think you guys would want to see that
default_whistling.gif

Better attach what I have so far then (disc hasn't arrived) so I can save up my teasing/getting in trouble cards for when I'm sleep deprived and feeling naughty :p

magnime.jpg

magnime2.jpg

Isn't he just perfect?
default_wub.png
:wub

I'm taking him back to the same photographer in summer
default_thumbup.gif

Awesome photographer, those photos are great. But then Magni is just a bit perfect ;) , so they were probably always going to turn out great.

Oh yummy - what a absolute lovebug, plus he gets more handsome everytime you post a picture.
default_firstprize.gif

We have been hit with some of the worst wind and storms this week
default_sad.png
Luckily I moved the girls first! So the whole mare herd has been out on our hay paddocks to enjoy the space and grazing before they have to be moved out when the spring growth kicks in.

Lots of my friends have foals arriving now, kind of jealous! But so glad mine are waiting as it is so cold and gross. Plus my dad has promised my new post and rail foaling yards WITH shelters and hopefully flood light will be all finished in time
default_thumbup.gif
I think only horse people can share that sort of joy!

So updates! No photos except some more from mine and Magni's shoot. I promise the short hairy ones can get photos when it's warm enough to hold the camera without shaking
default_thumbdown.gif

Varda has a beautiful little maiden belly. She's first up but is much smaller then the others. She's gotten a bit touchy recently so I think some of her hormones are shifting. She's not the most easy mare in the world but has grown to trust me lots so it is an obvious personality shift to me just not to anyone else.

Taff also has a little maiden belly but seems completely unchanged by the whole experience... she's still a grump
default_whistling.gif

Dreamy has an active little bub in there! Very happy to nudge and kick us when we are cuddling Dreamy so it's probably a colt LOL!

Kalari has her beautiful big belly back, she's one of the easiest mares in the world!

Belle is still keeping me in the dark.

Kirra is still up with Twinkles for extra feeding, I was about to turn them out onto the grass but then she developed a strange lump in her ear. Fingers crossed it's nothing serious but I'll have the vet check her on Monday just to be sure.

1T8A2226.jpg

1T8A2488.jpg

1T8A2533.jpg

1T8A2563.jpg

1T8A2606.jpg

1T8A2658.jpg

1T8A2694.jpg

Wow some soon to be mums looking very good there
default_smile.png

Is that Dreamy in the bottom Pic ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good, looking good Bree - sorry but cant remember who's first?

This is the kind of attack that I LOVE!!!!!! They are all looking great, but who's up first?

Sorry I'm so bad with contact right now. prepping for my first re-enactment event so I've been running around like a lunatic trying to finish everything.

Order of pics goes...

Kirra, Kalari & Pallidon, Varda

Kalari, Dreamy, Belle

Pallidon & Varda

Kalari, Dreamy

Order of foaling should be:

Varda

Taff (not pictured, she's the one who belongs to someone else but I'm foaling her down)

Kirra

Dreamy

With no idea how Kalari and Belle fit in. Belle is the one I'm least sure about, other then her Varda is the smallest, you can barely see from the side but front and back on tend to give things away. Being a maiden and built quite lanky she could very easily hide right up until she drops the foal!

Latest posts

Back