Katie on Cam :) ~ Its Filly! pics pg30

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Katie May just be gearing up. Each day her udder if fuller and firmer. She is doing a lot of butt rubbing. I am not sure why she would go so much sooner this pregnancy than her others. she is only 292 days. Typically going 330 range.

her udder still has a ways to go, but def moving there. Here are pics from this am:

Great news! Dream actually is back to herself this am! She let me walk right up and pet her again. She didnt even try to pull away, what a huge relief! She must be feeling much better.

The swelling in her face has gone down some too.

Saturdays are my clean the pastures day, which means I will be spending many hours outside cleaning up the weeks pasture mess. And I will spend a good hour just mucking out her paddock. Great time to love on her and keep a pocket full of treats.
default_smile.png
My horses love pasture cleaning day!

I will get some pictures of her. I think she dropped a bit of weight again from the injury. I hope now she can start gaining again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh that is wonderful news
default_smile.png
I am so glad she is feeling better
default_yes.gif
Happy pooper scooping
default_thumbup.gif

Katie's looking good!

Sorry to hear about Dream
default_sad.png
My project pony (part welsh filly, abused past) had a nasty habit of coming along well and then injuring herself sending us back to square one. The worst case was when she sliced open her leg, took her awhile to forgive me for that one and she still can't stand my vet! But my girl kind of takes everything personally, hopefully Dream is much more sensible!!

Katies udder is up a bit more, it is getting a back on it now. Though today she was wide again...
default_smile.png

Dream is much better today, the swelling is going down. She is much calmer towards me again. I am sure she was just nervous as she was wounded.

All in all everyones looking better!

Day 294..katies udder is a bit firmer. The back is def getting there. the front is getting fuller also. she is still doing butt rubbing and good rolling. Last night she was biting herself a lot. He vulva is still tight but puffy and getting red inside.

I am guessing she may foal in the next couple of weeks....or less. Typically the day she foals I know because her udder will go from like it is now to huge overnight.

to compare the past 4 days changes:

the 24th:

28th:

Katie's belly has dropped again. less wide tonight. Udder still going down in evenings. Her back side seems to be loosening up a bit.

Had a great day with Dream. we went for a walk around the property. she did great, with just a lead rope as she cant wear a halter yet. The swelling in her face is all but gone and she is eating normal again. Yay!

Well Wow is all I can say! Day ...295....

Honestly every morning when I go out to check Katie I expect her udder to be down. This is unlike her past foaling range. Her udder is following the exact pattern as last foaling. But shes just doing this much earlier this time. I wrote the breeding dates on the calender, so I know I am not off by a month, although it would make more sense!

This am her udder is up a bit more, the back of her udder has defined now. I guess she might just do this by next week? Gosh I really dont like saying that!

Her udder looks like it did in the last week before her big boom. I dont know wether to trust her or not ...LOL

Her belly had a V shape last week, and now it seems to have moved back a bit, foal is still moving but much less active that a few days ago.

Opinions ???

For comparison

24th:

29th:

26th..V look?

29th baby further back?

It's hard to see her udder from there, could you take a pic from between her back legs when you get time.
default_smile.png

I will try to do so for ya! I can always tell better from the under side view...

Minor set back again today
default_sad.png
Dream has some pus leaking out her stitches. Called vet, have to start different antibiotic. Yep injection this time...I didnt want to have to with her, but seems I havent a choice. 5 more days.....he face is swollen again below the wound near her muzzle. back to softening her feed too. Poor girl.....

Katies udder is up a bit more.she is slowly working her way there.
default_smile.png
I am starting to do evening checks at ten. Last night her udder stayed up a bit more than it has been.

So sorry to hear about Dream's little set back, hopefully the next course of anti-b's will sort it for her and you.
default_yes.gif

Katie is certainly getting closer - not long to wait now!

Thanks yall. When I gave dream her tetnus shot she did great didnt even flinch. I just didnt want to have to....not with her still earning my trust. But sometimes we have to be the bad guy to do the good things...

I think I will also give her another 1/2 a bute. I am sure its tender again...

Well I got Dreams face cleaned up, hosed her down and got a new picture. I think she is starting to gain weight nicely
default_smile.png

You can really see the difference
default_smile.png
well done!

Hope her wound cleans up for you soon, I can't do needles at all and have to get the vet to drop by after his rounds or con my agistor into doing them
default_whistling.gif

Thanks yall, nice to have your support!

It took me a while to get the shot thing down, not because I mind giving shots, I just dont like giving shots to horses...they tend to jump and it makes me jump! however Ive developed my own little technique, of slapping the neck before the shot, using only a 1 inch needle, and then stick...they never even seem to notice the stick after the slappin hahahah!

I though this before picture from 3 weeks ago, and todays picture side by side would really show how much she has improved!

clickable thumbnails BTW
default_smile.png

Hi Ya...

Todays updates...Dream is doing much better today. though she did pop a staple rubbing her face some how....

Katies udder up a bit more...Guess she really might do this soon!

Wanted to share whats going on for next year at our barn. My first ever official year for Welsh pony foals!

My Stallion, Heritage Halls Hy~Priotiry aka ~Riot will have a few foals on the ground! Riot comes from imported bloodlines, and has some excellent breeding, both sire and dam being supreme & reserved supreme grand champions!

Riot:

Bred to Riot for 2013 foals are:

Kate, Sec B bay roan w/dun welsh Mare: due mid Jan . Kate is grade, however she has throw a beautiful foal before, and we expect a drop dead gorgeous 1/2 welsh foal!

Zia Alice BlueGown, aka Alice, Sec B, black, due late April. Alice has some very old bloodlines like Riot and should make us a fantastic foal!

Riot has also covered one outside mare: Mia grade sec B welsh mare( still looking for her papers!)

We were going to put Dream in foal next spring, however Riot had other plans and covered her over the fence, ( ugh) so we will see if she is actually in foal for 2013 or not. If she is we will be thrilled, however we were hoping to give her time to gain weight before getting her in foal.

Tokens Dream Catcher, 100% Davenport Arabian mare, Chestnut with Flaxen:

So glad Dream seems on the road to recovery again. Those pictures of her really show how much she has improved.
default_yes.gif

I love your Welsh ponies - is your boy a B as well? And you say he's imported - any chance he carries some of the old UK breeding lines?

LOL!! Had to smile at him covering Dream over the fence - where there's a will, there's a way!! It is a shame he couldn't wait until next year as she's only two, but given the way you are caring for her I'm sure she will be in splendid condition well before she foals.
default_yes.gif

Anna, my Stallion is a Sec A. His Bloodlines include Springbourne , ( UK breeders) and Baledon Also UK breeders.

His sire is Springbourne Dazzle, His grand sire on Dams side is Baledon Hy Jinx. He himself is not imported but comes from imported lines
default_smile.png

I personally LOVE the old bloodlines he has, My Alice also has some old line, I know theirs cross, I would have to study them again to remember where.

Do you have a fancy for Welshies too?

I am sure Dream will do fine if she turns up bred, honestly the fence is pretty high, I was a bit surprised. She is much taller than he is, figured we would need to dig a hole!

Tonight Katies udder feels even firmer than it did this am. I will be checking her at 10 pm...

Latest posts

Back