jj in foal? new mares pictures/soon jewel too!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Researching into backgrounds can be such fun, sometimes frustrating but sometimes rewarding! If you want to and when you are ready you could always post any details here that you do have - Diane is a whizz at ferreting out info - or I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you wanted to pm her. You never know what will come to light.
default_yes.gif
Daisy at a show - sounds exciting, I wonder where and when?

Yes I find it so upsetting how so many wonderful horses end up at the market for meat, I wish we could save them all. I spend hours campaigning against horses being imported live to Italy for meat as they spend days and days packed in trucks with no food or water. Before I had kids I even spent time laying in the road protesting
default_thud.gif
Closing the slaughter horìuses in the states is a bad idea cos it just incourages the shipment of live animals. Anyway don't get me started on that
default_whistling.gif

Bad to your very lucky girls
default_thumbup.gif
JJ is progressing wonderfully

onixx.JPGoniiexxxxx.JPGboozin an blues after the storm,,,onyx...picture of health:>)xxonyxx.JPGonyxxx.JPG

and what color is she?color.JPGwhat color.JPGonyxc.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
No idea on the colour, but she's looking gorgeous and a picture of health!!

What color was Onyx's sire again? I get confused with so many to watch!

BOY! These pictures are great and she looks so good! Such a pretty little girl!!!

Last edited:
sire was homozygous black

mom is a sorrel with roaning pinto

JJ has slightly sticky off colored clear "milk " last night

She can only be black or bay from that mix with daddy being homozygous black. So we either say she's a black, or look for evidence of black stockings from her knees down, and the darker mane and tail.

Her pictures show such a variety of different colors in the different lighting, I'm not sure what her true color really is. Sorry.

not much happening around here.

Foals appear to be dropping left and right and here we sit. I did notice some butt rubbing yesterday,,and a lil rolling. Grand daughter 10 said "grandma I think she has a v!" so funny.My lil horse girls. There are some advantages to raisiing grandkids. You can instill in them what you find important..horses ! lol

I did find out JJ had a foal on her last year when she was "rescued" so that is good to know. She was bred to a very small black stallion..lady said probably around 24 inches..that is taken with a grain of salt.

she also said daisy was not thin when I got her..oh well.

I have been checking her several times a day. She had 1 small dot of red in her vulva yesterday..probably from rubbing. Her teats are growing some..but certainly not hard and distented. i can still get clear off colored liguid..it is very slightly getting stickier. I 'll try afor some pictures today. If she truly bred in July,,,i guess we could have a ways to go yet. I hope not as she is big time waddling..and seems to not really want to move a lot

Oh yes, certainly will be a strike here if we dont get those pictures very soon! (not sure what we shall strike about or how we will organise it, but we sure will think of something!!) You have been warned.
default_xbud.gif

jjxxx.JPGfrontjj.JPGfrontxxxzxx.JPGjj.JPGjjsidef.JPGjjvulva.JPGprivates.JPGbackb.JPGbag.JPGbagc.JPGyou guys are wierd! It is great!!! ok i braved the storm...well actually the sun came out, dead camera batteries..only took a second to charge enough for a few pictures, supper is on hold and the 11 year old is nagging :>) life is hard... here is jj..no strikes now. But if she doesn't get moving I may organize one soon!

this ought to hold you until next year when she finally decides to foal!

LOTS of gentle tail swishing tonight..which I would think could be bugs but no one else is doing it....

She is looking FABULOUS! Boy, her color is so rich looking! Just beautiful.

It sure looks like she's moving ahead very well. Things really falling into position - now if that udder would grow a bit! Give her the credit card and tell her to do some shopping! LOL

Latest posts

Back