jj in foal? new mares pictures/soon jewel too!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes you need to look after yourself - gotta keep fit for the next 'event'!! I'm sure little Onyx is fine - a lot of babies seem to settle down a bit after the first week or so, especially if they are having plenty of outside time. They seem to suddenly concentate on nibbling at the grass (and other interesting thins!) rather than racing around all the time.
default_yes.gif
No need to tell you to keep an eye on her anyway is there!

Hows jj looking today? Any new pics??

okay.....................

everyone please read and look at picture in my post #346

what do you think of onyx dad. he is a 2 x reserve world champion. He is homozygous for black, And he is coming to my pasture for good this summer.

what do you all think????I have been sooo blessed!!!!!! Thanks you Villa!!!!

/monthly_05_2013/post-45019-0-42106900-1368123926_thumb.jpg

He's beautiful, and CONGRATULATIONS!!! He has a neck that goes on forever -- something so many minis just don't have. Nice throat-latch too. You're a luck girl!!! How tall his he? He looks small -- seeing that hand in the picture!

Every little girls dream -- a "black stallion" !!

Last edited:
LOLOL is buhahaha like oh man you luck..or buhahaha like..OMG i can just see it now...Lori overrun with foals in a year or 2?
default_xbud.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooooooooooooooo how exciting - he's gorgeous!! So does this mean that you will be putting yourself through all this stress and exhaustion again during next year's foaling season???

oh Anna hush now :>)

and he is about 32 inches,..,he won champion reserve like 10 years ago.. he is a son of that drunk in the dark horse whats his name.LOL getting giddy need sleep....hahahah

oh Anna hush now :>)

and he is about 32 inches,..,he won champion reserve like 10 years ago.. he is a son of that drunk in the dark horse whats his name.LOL getting giddy need sleep....hahahah

I can't belive she called him that "drunk in the dark horse". Yes, Anna, he's the son of Martins Boozers After Dark, an AMHA National Grand Champion and sire of 7 Nationally placed foals : 1 Reserve National Champion, 3 National Champions, 1 Reserve World Champion and 1 World Champion and her new boy a 2X Reserve National Champion !! So, this time, having a "drunk" father is quite all right!

I like this horse alot and feel very blessed to be offered him. I am having some reservations tho. I do have some mares..and I do enjoy breeding and foaling. Love the babies. I am just concerned about a non existent market out there. Sure I CAN breed horses..but can I sell them? I am not financial;ly secure enough to have 6 foals and no way to place them. Guess I need to think...........

He's a beautiful stud, but you are wise in deciding how many babies to breed for. Only breed for what you can afford to keep, if the market stays the way it is -- as a "just in case".

Maple Hollow breeds for may babies each year - perhaps you should go to her thread and ask about how successful her sales are -- or if she's breeding to keep. Many breed to increase and improve their own herds, and many of us in the past few years have only bred for 1 or 2 babies a year or even none at all.

You are VERY wise to consider it now -- just breed your best mare or two if you want to see what you get. A "stunning" baby with a great pedigree is still a baby that should sell if the price is right. So, you have lots to think about. Having a stallion doesn't mean you have to put every mare in foal, and I applaud you on your careful consideration of this now. Good job!

Can't wait to see a baby or two from him again next year, though!
default_whistling.gif

Last edited:
jj4 14above.JPGjj frony.JPGjj hoochie.JPGjjside5 14.JPGjjteats5 14.JPGjjvulva 5 13.JPGChecking on the board i see mares are just dropping them out..And here is jj..the helium filled ballon with legs,,still hanging tough. If she was seen breeding in july..perhaps she will go until June,. Whateve rit takes..we want a fully baked cookie.

She is so very big..kinda just waddling these days, Have some folks say maybe she was bred to a bigger horse..others say maybe twins.

she had cvlear liguid non sticky the other day. Then nothing was able to be expressed,, today i can express tinged but non sticky fluid. bag growwing a lil i guess. very soft, heres new pics.

She is looking JUST FINE -- no twins, and looks just perfect to me! We're not buying worries!

I think she's moving ahead VERY nicely, and getting her udder going -- so all is well!!

She looks great to me as well, progressing perfectly at her own pace - she's just dotting the i's and crossing the t's for you!
default_yes.gif

Gotta go back and see who she's bred to again. I lose track with all these mares! But she is sure looking GREAT!

she was one of the 3 rescue mares I got. She wasn't skinny like the others,, Her coat has some shine to it now..so that makes me happy. Thank you on the compliments. She is a bit larger size mini..for sure b size..maybe 35 36 inches? i tried measuring for their papers..but it is a job doing alone.

She was supposedly bred to a small black mini..in July. I think she has foaled in the past because i saw a breeders report dated like 2009 or so..for a painted stud colt and her listed as momma. How my 3 came to end up at auction and in a killers truck I have no idea.But that is the story i got. It would be so interesting to learn more about their background. The lady also mentioned something about a confiscation. ,,i dont know. Daisy has an old coggins that was pulled for a show. Interesting background out there I think

Latest posts

Back