jj in foal? new mares pictures/soon jewel too!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here's the poop scoop----------- None that I could find. Did digital check last night and she did have soft formed stool there.it was yellowish brown in color on my glove.

I am going to calll it normal..and pretend like stool in the last few days is normal and pull her off the pen G. last night I gave her her pen g shot and it poured back out of her muscle. Granted it was a larger gauge needle..but i don't care. She has had no snotty mucous stool for days and she was on the pen 7 days...so hope it is ok..but i am done shooting her.

I did give her some frozen colostrum I had milked from Jewel yesterday by syringe.hoping that it will loosen her up..dont remeber if i told you all that already.

I am going kinda a different route.

She is strong, fiesty. and full of herself. Hasn't been running any temps and her eyes dont look jaundice anymore to me. A normal foal woud be running and playing and other then naps in constant motion. I think excersize and some room would help so I threw the momma and baby out in the " pasture" lol really no grass..: yesterday with the herd for awhle -granted it is not large but plenty of room for her to be a real foal. I had kept JJ stalled as I expected some trouble with jewel and her there.

I put JJ in wiht them today and Jewel decided to kick and carry on. So jj is stalled and the rest are running free.

I am stalling Jewel and baby at night....but on nice nights I will not be doing that either,

I will check her rectum tonight and give an enema if i feel anything. She has i think 4 more days of metro i will of course keep he ron. I will give yogurt and some more mares milk. But I am no longer going to treat her like a "sick" foal. I think maybe with antibiotics andn ature she will be fine...

Jewel is doing fine with everyone..except JJ..butboth want to rule the roost around here

if you remember snow flak...when i got her i could feel every bone..even her spine stuck up..not a great clip job but i think you can see a good difference

snflake.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I, personally, agree with all your plans! It sounds just perfect -- that digital check -- and I think she's been through enough with those pen shots!!

Fabulous --being outside, I'm sure she just loved it! She's so fiesty and otherwise healthy -- I'll bet she'll be just fine. We just know we need to check her for poop periodically to make sure her gut is moving normally. You have really saved her life, and should be proud of yourself for all your hard work. She is a beautiful baby!!!

And I can't believe Snowflake! What a fabulous change in her! She, too, is on her way to full health. She's looking GREAT!!! What a change!

She's a lucky girl to have found you -- you saved her too!!

Yes I agree with your plan of action too, we all know that she is in wonderful hands and that she is a very lucky girl to have such an attentive and loving owner.

As for Snowflakw, WOW
default_smile.png
she is coming on just fanastically
default_firstprize.gif

Oh WOW!! What an improvement - many congratulations!! And yes I agree with the others, give little Onyx a break from those nasty jabs etc and just keep a good eye on her. Outside time with friends is great too!!
default_yes.gif

Oh and give yourself a HUGE pat on the back!!!
default_firstprize.gif

thanks everyone. This will be the last update on onyx..unless i need some help. These were taken a few days ago....thanks again

now we wait for JJ:>)

What a happy, healthy little girl!! She looks fabulous -- and she owes it all to you and your wonderful care.

I hope you will share a few pictures as she grows! She is just lovely -- the little spitfire!!

default_impatient.jpg
all is well..

figured i would update on JJ..since it has been awhile. Shi is HUGE. I feel bad for her. I just can not believe that tiny jewel went first.so here's pictures of JJjj5 7 trats.JPGjj 57 brellyxxcr.JPGjj belly.JPGjjhuge.JPGjj hooch5 7.JPGjjpinkvulva.JPG

and of course onyx:>)

onyxss.JPG

I had to come back to add.. night check all looked the same. her bag doesn't look like much but just "for fun" i decided tp try and see if anything could be expressed. She had clear thin. non sticky. slightly tinted yellow as in sap liquid.

I do not know if she is a maiden but I think she has had at least one foal because the paperwork that followed her journey did show a foal at one time that.

you all called it perfect for me last time...is it time to move to the barn>?

WOW!! Look at that tummy - mind that post jj!!

She's looking really good, but do feel she needs to do a bit more shopping yet? Such a pretty girl.
default_yes.gif

She looks great and I agree with Anna, a bit more shopping is in order. Onyx looks fab!

WOW~ she looks really good. A bit more shopping, and of course getting baby in position -- so I think you have a little time before having to move into the barn. But she could certainly change quickly!

Thanks for the picture of Onyx! She's such a little beauty!

funny story..she seemd restless last night so i spent the night miserably with a sleeping bag on some bales of straw...I had no idea that anything could be worse then my saggey bed. Bales shift and separate, sag..and it didnt help that JJ could reach the bale between her stall panels and eat the darn thing right out from under me!.Miserable night..

this morning once I had finally fell asleep betweenst the chewing, and sagging, and freezing, and barn cat that thinks she has a bed partner now...I hear a frantic husband shouting for me on his way to work. Guess when he didnt find me in the bed, or on the couch, or on the army cot in the barn he must have freaked. I mean really...where would I go? Not much danger of someone my age being kidnapped from her house to be a sex slave or anything
default_thumbdown.gif

besides our town is a whopping 1200 people.

anyway he shouts out my name ..probably waking the the whole neighborhood.. I could hear the panic in his voice. I amswered from my stupor..and i hear him say..quite angrily actually.."you scared me to death" then off he trotted to work.

moral of the story..wait until the aunties tell you to pack up your sleeping bag and move to the barn LOLOL

and nothing new on jj

LOL!! Poor man, bless him!

I do think you have a short hile to go yet, however as you know these girls can be sneaky! She could drop the foal into the delivery position with a couple of good rolls, fill that udder when foaling and catch us all on the hop! Keep an eye on the colour inside her vulva, then if the other 'signs' look to be changing fast, moving to the barn will be on the agenda.
default_yes.gif

I agree with Anna, she looks like she has a lit work to do yet but just keep checking all those signs
default_thumbup.gif
Tell hubby not to worry as wild cats couldn't drag you away when a foal is due
default_yes.gif

LOVE the story!! I mean, where else would you go? Gotta watch that pretty little momma! You're doing great!

I told husband..unless there is a little hoof waving and beconing me I am sleepinginmy bed. I canhardly walk today..not sure if it was sleeping on the bales..or the 3 wheel barrows full of wet slimey manure I hauled out of the barn entrance yesterday.Even these lil horses arenot for wimps!

Oh wow! You must be so exhausted. My high energy days of doing such things are evidently over for good. I have a way of getting over fatigued anymore easily and almost had another heart spasm issue take me down & I will do what ever I can to stay away from that hospital and doctors as they just start a bunch of guesses and medications. I'm learning to deal with this and it is hard as I have always had good active health. Just be careful you don't over do it. A good rest will keep you from a lot of other health problems or virusses that can weaken your immune system and heart.

Oh .. and I love your calendar picture by the way. Hope you are getting some time to relax and take some baby pictures of your little dark Onyx. Sure wonder what color that baby will turn out to be.

my days of high energy are for sure over...i know when i have over done it. I can not be old yet at 56! as for ONyx..I do not know what color she will be. She seems lighter now then before. Her momma is a sorrel roan and dad is a black..I think we have 50 % of her being a blue roan. I would love that..but a solid black is nice too!. She seems to have grown in to her legs. I loved those long legs! Villa the lady I got her momma from says she has the blue boy head. I just dont know..much about all that..i think she is just cute. She is much calmer and she seems healthy but I wonder where her spark went? It just gives me something more to concern myself with. the picture is onyx dad. and we all know jewel! I will have to ask villa about the picture of her full sister. That lil mare is beautiful, I can probably post on here where to find her:>)

jewelshoney.jpg

oh and I am sorry t hear of your heart problems. YES avoid the dastardly hospital at all costs. and do take care of yourself

Latest posts

Back