Kita's foaling thread *Updated pictures Sep 4. New clipped baby pics =)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can you take a pic of her udder? stand behind her, kneel down and just lift her tail. (mind your teeth in case she is skittish about her privates parts going viral) lol

I will do my best to get a good pic of her udder. The best camera to get that kind of picture is my husbands phone but he is at work till later on. My camera is kind of big to maneuver (under her anyway). Sadly I dont know how to get pictures off of my ipod and on to the computer. How embarrassing...

Ok I went outside and got some pictures of her, her udder, and her backside. I then apologized a lot for the invasion. XD

KitaJuly1920142_zpsc86749cf.jpg

This was right before I took her outside.

KitaJuly1920144_zps9f2ca536.jpg

I was just about upside down under the horse for this one.

KitaJuly19201412_zpscd5f163a.jpg

KitaJuly19201410_zps8b787f2b.jpg

Shes not big into me pulling her tail to the side. No aggression about it but she does try to politely step away from me.

KitaJuly1920145_zps897cfbb1.jpg

KitaJuly19201415_zpsfd0b24c4.jpg

So thats what we have so far.

default_smile.png
Perfect, great pics. Thanks, her udder still needs to grow and her nipples will start to point straight down when she is ready. So still a little way off yet but these changes could happen fast. How many days is she now?

Today is 346. The first week of August is when she was bred. Here are some more pictures after she and her pasture mates got rinsed off and rolled. It was hot out. Her udder is rather warm and quite firm.

KitaJuly192014outinpastureafterroll1_zps7ba9a36f.jpg

She really likes to hang out in her lean to.

KitaJuly192014inleantoafterroll2_zps27e4deff.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
her udder does look pointed in in the one previous picture but Im not sure how pointed in it is. The nipples used to seem more filled in and the upper part of the udder was more lax and now the upper part is very firm and the nipples are not as puffed. I will try to get better pics tonight.

KitaJuly1920149_zps1fffce4c.jpg

KitaJuly19201410_zps8b787f2b.jpg

I found what I thought may be fescue in the hay she had a month ago and took her off of it. I am buying from my friend for her hay and feeding her that instead.

I tested her around 5:30 and she was at a very light green so 6.4 again. @_@

if she is testing 6.4 i would be watching her very closely!

mares can foal at 6.4 though most go down to 6.0, her udder isn't huge but it could be the foaling udder for her, it looks like baby still has to get in position but it sounds as though she is well within her dates to foal anytime now, so with that PH I would be watching her very closely
default_smile.png

Have you got everything setup for the new baby?
default_smile.png

she is gorgeous, can't wait to see how baby turns out!

From the pictures, she needs to roll that little one into position a bit more. That udder is fine for foaling -- but I think you will see some changes in the next day or so -- especially if she does some rolling to line baby up. Her udder can still grow more -- but everything should be fine if she decides it's time!

Can't wait to see this little one!! Such a pretty momma! And if she's at 6.4 -- don't take your eyes off her -- she could drop and foal any minute she decides!

When it is said that she needs to move the foal into position, are we waiting for the v shape? I have two pictures I took early afternoon today when I brought her out and rinsed her off. The one in the lean to is after she rolled. She looks less pointy post roll to me. =/

KitaJuly212014earlyafternoon_zpsa5fc97fd.jpg

KitaJuly212014earlyafternoonleanto_zps36f33efc.jpg

No, the moving into position certainly includes moving a bit "forward of center" when you see her from the side, but we are also referring to how "slab-sided" she is when viewed from the back looking forward down her sides.

Baby will line up....."spine to spine" with momma, and at that time, the momma may not even look pregnant when you see her from behind. The earlier pictures, you could still see baby "sticking out" the sides a bit. So we're watching for baby lining up and moving a bit forward of center, as well as her udder and elongation.
default_thumbup.gif

Got it. Well it looks like the foal is kind of to the right in some odd position as of about 2 hours ago. It was a real challenge to even get this picture as the bugs were out and there was all kinds of tail swishing. @_@

KitaJuly212014behind4_zps8c40b6b1.jpg

This mare is stubborn. Tomorrow is day 349.

Here is one that I snapped quickly just now hanging out in her stall. Last night she spent some time standing around with her back legs crossed. It was kind of funny.

KitaJuly212014fromabove_zps02313f1a.jpg

So the other night we had a roll and stretch a thon. She started freaking me out as she was so active and she would lay down and her back legs would stretch out funny. It went on for a while and I finally went out to check her with Matt and she was like "Hey guys! Did you bring my hay with you??" Like nothing was wrong and then all activity ceased.

KitaJuly222014stretching_zpsdff40a67.jpg

This really had my attention as she would stretch her back legs goofy and just sit like that.

KitaJuly222014whatchyadoin_zpsfb4a7c71.jpg

KitaJuly232014behindfoallinedupevening_zps8a807ffc.jpg

These were taken Tuesday night between 11 and 12:30. I will include todays pictures in the next post.

Latest posts

Back