jj in foal? new mares pictures/soon jewel too!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so diane are you saying she is front of center and actually has a v?do u think baby is in position? O how i have dreamt of this day...tee hee..I have been seeing it all "pretend in my mind" for the last 3 months
default_impatient.jpg

Yep, we are a bit weird
default_xkngt.gif

Great pics, thanks for making us happy
default_thumbup.gif
She looks really well but she is still a wide load so baby hasn't slipped into "take off" position yet, her udder is coming along nicely though so not long to go now
default_smile.png

she is doing very good and will probably start some rolling soon to get that baby in position. She's still pretty wide, so not quite there yet. But that will give her time to get that udder going!

NO foal No foal... blah blah blah.

udder has started growing a bit...still not shiney or super tight. Milk is now clearish instead of a weird tinge she had before. Is a little sticky but not thick yet. Tail head maybe a little pronounced, vulva all pink. and belly still out to side. I suspect now that it is almost june that she did breed in .JUly. I also think when she does start to go..it is going to be really rapid changes!. I bough ther bred..how do folks have the patience to do this for 11 months from start to finish. I can't stand the wait for 4 months! Patience is not a virtue I have I guess.

I think it much easier when you have a foaling date, I start looking at mine at and 280 days, 300 days they come in at night and then the wait isn't too long. Not knowing when is what makes it feel like forever
default_yes.gif

Renee is right. Not having a foaling date makes things seem longer -- but even when you're waiting the whole time -- you're still waiting! It get easier, especially when you have a foaling history to help you along the next year. Most mares tend to follow their own book, so it's up to us to learn their book!

I feel like I'm in the same boat you are, in a way. My mare has been in with a stallion and I didn't think she was bred because he kept breeding her every few months. Well...now she's really looking pregnant (although she has always been chubby) so I'm anxious to know when baby will come.

.... still .clear liguid thin and sticky from teats which really aren't filing,,some tail flapping and butt rubbing. Haven't seen any rolling. Vulva is very soft and puffy and moist ..still pink. Maybe resistance in tail..not sure but feels different. and what is the most different to me is the slope of her croup,,and how her tail head looks more boney,is that a sign? I never noticed the steep slope before. Baby doing gentle (ha ha) jabs tonight. JJ looks totally uncomorftable.

backk.JPGjjfront.JPGjjside.JPGside.JPGhoochie.JPGpinkv.JPGfunnyslopexx.JPGteats.JPG

WOW! She is looking fabulous! With this picture, she can join my girls who looked the same, and yet waited almost another month before foaling. But she's looking more ready than ever. Baby will still do some turning I would imagine, but she could go without an udder, we'll just have to wait and see if she starts something in the next few days. VERY EXCITING for sure!!! She looks nicely relaxed, with a little gaping in her hooha -- so that looks very good. I would advise your vet that you have a mare who appears to be pretty close, but isn't developing much of an udder, so they will be prepared if she needs some help bringing in her milk. Most times the udder fills right at foaling -- so help isn't often needed, but it never hurts to get the vets on standby, because she is certainly getting HER ducks in a row!

/monthly_05_2013/post-45019-0-70538800-1369962862_thumb.jpg

I agree Diane, not long to go. Just a few little adjustments and then she will show us her baby
default_smile.png

Look at how squidgy her booty looks:

Shes really a very very pretty mare..I love all the colors she's got going on. She sure looks pretty darn close in all departments except her udder, but as Diane say, it could fill in right at the end..and great idea to just run it by your vet first so he's aware.

I have been sick in bed all day yesterday..did manage to check JJ this am and we are getting a bag. Also I recall her rolling a bit yesterday in one of my stuporous take a peeks.Still not engorged but growing. I feel like I may live today..so she has my permission to get a move on.

default_pray.gif
Get well very soon
default_pray.gif
you will need lots of energy to play with baby
default_yes.gif

I think everyone will give her permission!! I hope she waits till your feeling a bit better....but then again ..theres nothing like a little foal or better yet a filly to make you feel all warm, cozy and better!!

Hope you feel lots better soon!! But as Heidi said, nothing makes you forget being tired or even sick than playing with a new foal!!

Oh goodness, we cant have you being ill right now - hope you get better real soon because it sounds as though you might be needed for a foal delivery before you know it. A filling udder plus rolling - time to watch out!!
default_yes.gif

really no progress on JJ.I am glad as I just don't seem to be able to beat back this bug, Feel better then I did but just can't get above about 50% speed. Have so much to do...have to move some horses to my friends pasture..she was kind enough to offer, go get my new stud boy about 2 hrs away. Prob have the vet see him as he was kicked and it sounds badly, have fencing to put up, lean to to build, pups to worm and vaccinate, and of course trying to get the place in the country sorta ready to move to.,.ugh wish I were young...

Have to take gr son to doctor as he has sore throat....house is a pit,,,and of course deliver a foal eventually :>) thanks for the well wishes..could use them

at what age do i worm vaccinate onyx?

if i move3 the minis top my friends do i have to be worried about waisthigh grass? and if stud get shere..and i was told he wouldnt hur foals..would you put together? thanks!

Sorry you are still not feeling better. I really hope you kick it soon
default_pray.gif

If you wormed mum baby should be good until a few months, I usually do mine around 3 months. Be careful about adding them to new grass especially spring grass. I would do it very slowly an see how they go. As to adding the stud you will have to see how he is, my boy was fantastic but not all stallions are good with babies so make sure you watch them closely at the beginning.

Get well soon

Latest posts

Back