HELP IS THIS NORMAL!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG HER BUTT IS JELLO😳😳😳with no udder! My Dun! Can she still wait until they fill more or unlikely if her rear feels like that? This is mainly what she does now off and on all day 522F812D-6360-47C8-A204-B5BCFDF3D3EF.jpeg

Last edited:
Good about the fescue, I'm a worrier too 😁.
I have one that came from a 'mini breeder' who only had pintos, he is black with a small star. She had him by himself in a little paddock, barely feeding him at 4 months old. She was angry and hated him because he was the wrong colour, needless to say he didn't stay there. I don't know what's wrong with people..........😤😡
😭Gosh that breaks my heart poor little angel people can be so cruel

That looks like it could be wax to me, she has started an udder so maybe that will appear very fast or right after?
If the duns bum is jello, yes she can go on like that. Most get there right near the end but there are no guarantees. Your girls really don't seem to like reading the book, they're keeping you on your toes. I would think the lying down a lot is her being uncomfortable. Can you get someone to watch them during the day so you can at least get a nap??

Duramectrin 3 weeks ago?!

Great! Some of my horses have lose poop after worming. In my humble opinion from what little I see I think she is bored. What I see in your videos looks like what I see every day. When my well fed stallions lay down in the position of your last picture their belly looks like that. When the lay out flat in the sun they look bloated. I had a neighbor stop to tell me I had a dead horse in the pasture beside the house. I went out and called his name and he got up to my neighbors surprise.

Last edited:
That looks like it could be wax to me, she has started an udder so maybe that will appear very fast or right after?
If the duns bum is jello, yes she can go on like that. Most get there right near the end but there are no guarantees. Your girls really don't seem to like reading the book, they're keeping you on your toes. I would think the lying down a lot is her being uncomfortable. Can you get someone to watch them during the day so you can at least get a nap??
This is what I did last night lol ugh just flipped over in bed checked my cameras went back to sleep.
She’s been laying down pretty solid, got up to nibble hay a couple times. Haven’t checked her udder again since the possible wax don’t want to disturb her. Thank you and yes I sure wish they’d read that book as well!

Attachments

• E222AC2C-95CC-4C74-A24B-D72E86623C4E.png
    E222AC2C-95CC-4C74-A24B-D72E86623C4E.png
    137 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Great! Some of my horses have lose poop after worming. In my humble opinion from what little I see I think she is bored. What I see in your videos looks like what I see every day. When my well fed stallions lay down in the position of your last picture their belly looks like that. When the lay out flat in the sun they look bloated. I had a neighbor stop to tell me I had a dead horse in the pasture beside the house. I went out and called his name and he got up to my neighbors surprise.
Ouch😐

This is what I did last night lol ugh just flipped over in bed checked my cameras went back to sleep.
She’s been laying down pretty solid, got up to nibble hay a couple times. Haven’t checked her udder again since the possible wax don’t want to disturb her. Thank you and yes I sure wish they’d read that book as well!
That looks like me on foal watch, then I switch to every 1/2 hour when I think they are close.....it's painful but I can't make myself do anything else. It helps a bit if you can go to sleep really early😂

That looks like me on foal watch, then I switch to every 1/2 hour when I think they are close.....it's painful but I can't make myself do anything else. It helps a bit if you can go to sleep really early😂
Her udder is just slightly bigger but the colostrum is leaking pretty good out of that one teat only???!10F070C2-F0C0-489A-BD22-9A29B76BC04A.png

Reactions: Taz
I have no idea what the one side only means. I'd be happy about any udder development and not worry as long as she's not dripping colostrum, if that really is what it is, looks like it but I don't know.

Hard to tell from just pictures unfortunately… I too hope that they are somehow hiding a foal. It’s so hard when you have ONE and that one was a bad situation, so I definitely feel for you.

Hard to tell from just pictures unfortunately… I too hope that they are somehow hiding a foal. It’s so hard when you have ONE and that one was a bad situation, so I definitely feel for you.
Curious so you don’t think that’s wax? You didn’t think my last mares was wax either but it was. I’m guessing by the hard “ONE” you feel she was the only “one” pregnant. Well I had my vet out that’s why I haven’t posted again in a few days because he confirmed both in foal but thank you for trying to let me down easy

Last edited:
No that is not at all what I was saying. I was referring to your previous post before you started wondering if the others might be in foal. You had said you would never ever do this again. I was saying it’s hard when you only have one and it doesn’t end up with a happy ending. It’s hard enough when you have several but one can can really make it hard to ever consider it again. In other words I was trying to be encouraging.

About the wax… the mare that lost her baby didn’t have wax. Unfortunately, it was a miscarriage that went wrong. She was not ready to foal so was not getting colostrum in. Wax occurs when the udder is so full that it is leaking. It’s literally leaking colostrum which is white. She didn’t have that. Unfortunately there was nothing you could have done.

I’m sorry if I you missunderstood me and it lead to offense. That’s not AT ALL what I was saying. Quite the opposite actually. And I wasn’t saying anything about your current mares other than it’s hard to tell from pictures. Definitely wasn’t trying to tell you they weren’t in foal so “letting you down easy” was not at all in my mind. I was genuinely hoping they were in fact in foal. And now that they’ve been confirmed, I’ll be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS!

Last edited:
No that is not at all what I was saying. I was referring to your previous post before you started wondering if the others might be in foal. You had said you would never ever do this again. I was saying it’s hard when you only have one and it doesn’t end up with a happy ending. It’s hard enough when you have several but one can can really make it hard to ever consider it again. In other words I was trying to be encouraging.

About the wax… the mare that lost her baby didn’t have wax. Unfortunately, it was a miscarriage that went wrong. She was not ready to foal so was not getting colostrum in. Wax occurs when the udder is so full that it is leaking. It’s literally leaking colostrum which is white. She didn’t have that. Unfortunately there was nothing you could have done.

I’m sorry if I you missunderstood me and it lead to offense. That’s not AT ALL what I was saying. Quite the opposite actually. And I wasn’t saying anything about your current mares other than it’s hard to tell from pictures. Definitely wasn’t trying to tell you they weren’t in foal so “letting you down easy” was not at all in my mind. I was genuinely hoping they were in fact in foal. And now that they’ve been confirmed, I’ll be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS!
If I misunderstood you then I do apologize. Im really stressed out I feel like I have mad ptsd from what happened to my mare and it’s making waiting for these two foals so stressful. All I do is think about what if something goes wrong again! What about the pics above isn’t that wax on my chestnut? There’s two photos a day apart can you please look. Now that I know she’s in foal for sure what else could that be?

I’ve looked. I have numerous pictures of identical overzealous plugs for weeks before foaling. Actually some more than a month out. It’s just my opinion. Doesn’t mean I’m right.
FAE3409B-00DA-4CAC-A242-D547EB1318CE.jpegDE3D86F6-23F1-4331-8CCE-06BE81A81F5F.jpeg
So you’re saying these are plugs? Just trying to clarify is all.

That's so exciting that they have been confirmed in foal!!!!! It's completely understandable and I would be freaking out waiting for them after what you just went through, it's hard enough waiting for one when you know what can go wrong but having it happen and then going right back into it is almost impossible. You can at least say I told you so to your family 😁. Did your vet have any idea on when he thought they would decide to foal?

That's so exciting that they have been confirmed in foal!!!!! It's completely understandable and I would be freaking out waiting for them after what you just went through, it's hard enough waiting for one when you know what can go wrong but having it happen and then going right back into it is almost impossible. You can at least say I told you so to your family 😁. Did your vet have any idea on when he thought they would decide to foal?
Thank you Taz, My vet sent his associate who is a smaller woman hence smaller hands and i did let her palpate my mares which I’m usually against in minis especially cuz everything makes me nervous right now. I know when they were exposed sometime in May. I removed the stallion May 30th so they’re at least 320 days

Back