Mare seems to be starting a little early this year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LostandFound

Staff member
Reaction score
Last year my mare made me wait almost an entire year, and she didn't even look pregnant until after her "due date". This year she looks like a monster, and it appears she is starting to bag up a smidge. We are at day 268. Here is a last month picture of the monster, her last month udder, and today's udder. Not enough for me to be worried, but I'll be keeping an eye on her. I'm wondering if she will go early this year.

Attachments

• prin22623.jpg
    prin22623.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 0
  • prin30124.jpg
    prin30124.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 0
  • prin32034.jpg
    prin32034.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 0
Well, I guess she has a little too much weight on her. We are having a bout of Easter laminitis. She's not on grass, and I didn't change her feed, but the new bag was a lot stickier, I'm guessing either too much molasses or just pregnancy hormones. Poor thing. Bag is still slowly filling.

No real changes, but she definitely is bigger than she was last year this far. I clipped her today, badly and with the hair, because I'm tired of eating horse hair in my dinner every night.

Attachments

• princess4824.jpg
    princess4824.jpg
    377 KB · Views: 0
She looks great! Hardly looks pregnant from that angle. Can't wait to see the foal.

Last year she didn't even get a belly until after 330 days or so. Most of the belly that she does have now is fat, but she lost weight fast after foaling last year and struggled to put it back on. So I wanted her a little heavier to start this year. As you can see there has been almost no change in her udder over the last month. She should be 295 days now.

Attachments

• a1pu.jpg
    a1pu.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back