HELP IS THIS NORMAL!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never keep mine in during the day, I think it's better for them to go out and move around, better for their minds too. IF you were getting a pH reading of 6 or she looks ready MAYBE keep her in but if you can watch her outside too let her out.

Last edited:
Here’s the newest just hours after the previous and i think they’re more full cuz the crease is disappearing or did they shrink???? First is my Dun second Chestnut. Am i correct in assuming they could go anytime as they’re both maidens or is that incorrect thinking?
75705384-F5E0-4F35-BD75-932BEB2DC1D5.png19E69F5C-0B1E-4388-9516-71D75B711BDE.png

Last edited:
I wouldn't be thinking they could go anytime. They both look like they have a lot more getting ready to do. Maidens, and any mare, CAN foal without any or very much udder development but it is not common. Absolutely keep watching them, I would be because you never know, but try to relax and wait to go on full alert until they give you more to go on. It's normal for their udders to go up and down before they get serious and really start to fill, it looks like they went down to me. Hang in there.

Last edited:
Ok here’s my other mare 1st pic this morning 2nd pic now, what do you think???
View attachment 46899View attachment 46900
Do you know what their expected due date is? To me, they don't look anywhere near close. I wouldn't be suspicious of a mare with these udders to be in foal - at least not expecting to be delivering a foal at any time.

Do you know what their expected due date is? To me, they don't look anywhere near close. I wouldn't be suspicious of a mare with these udders to be in foal - at least not expecting to be delivering a foal at any time.
Hi Karen oh and “Elizabeth” :) My vet says both of you do not seem to understand maiden mares and it’s extremely common to have them go into labor without many foaling signs including a bag. I already knew this as I did tell Elizabeth prior that my one mini birth on my property she had NO bag at all when she foaled. Elizabeth also knows my vet palpated these mares and confirmed pregnancy but she still liked a comment where Karen said “i wouldn’t be suspicious of a mare with these to even be in foal”😂 Karen I’m really sorry you’re having a bad day and needed to give your less then kind two cents but thank you for stopping by😘I’ll keep the rest of my mares pregnancy to myself as i prefer to enjoy it without the Debbie downers, cheers!

Hi Karen oh and “Elizabeth” :) My vet says both of you do not seem to understand maiden mares and it’s extremely common to have them go into labor without many foaling signs including a bag. I already knew this as I did tell Elizabeth prior that my one mini birth on my property she had NO bag at all when she foaled. Elizabeth also knows my vet palpated these mares and confirmed pregnancy but she still liked a comment where Karen said “i wouldn’t be suspicious of a mare with these to even be in foal”😂 Karen I’m really sorry you’re having a bad day and needed to give your less then kind two cents but thank you for stopping by😘I’ll keep the rest of my mares pregnancy to myself as i prefer to enjoy it without the Debbie downers, cheers!
Wow.

Wow....okay I am sorry for trying to help. I wish you would stop reading into things because once again you made incorrect assumptions. I AM sorry you feel that way.

Hi, I'm Amanda... Um, I guess I hope your mares have really easy births with happy, healthy, strong babies that thrive. My apologies if I said anything offensive. Not sure how I got to be a Karen or who Elizabeth is... Best wishes to you and your mares. Cheers.

Ive been a member of this forum for many years now & have admired others for stopping by and giving up their time to offer advice and suggestions to people they don't even know. I haven't had a chance to sign in and post of late but I do read up on whats been happening via the email I receive daily.

Its often hard to determine "anything" based off pictures alone , but members give their opinion bases off their own previous experiences & knowledge & what amazing people these are, giving up their time , to help someone else, a stranger.

Valarie, please do keep the rest of the pregnancies to yourself , you have offended enough members here now & how dare you tell someone there opinion is Worthless or "worth less than two cents" as you put it.

Admin - who is moderator of this section these days ? Years ago this would never have been tolerated, one speaking to another like this .............:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back