Snowball foaling thread - maiden - 5/13 colt*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I cant post something like that without her pic right? Well, here is one, it's not a great picture of her, but at least you can see her. My heart has went out to her, she mourned for a long time when she lost her foal (it never made it out of the sack) She is the one who inspired me to get cameras and marestare. A sad, hard learning process for us.

candy corn.JPG

I put them together yesterday in a separate pasture for most the day. Separated them lastnight. Deciding if I put them together again today.... (I guess a mix of hand and pasture breeding, lol, if there is such a thing)

Thanks! I know he covered her at least 3 times yesterday. I'll see what happens today. My gelding and filly "let me know" she was in heat. We were going to wait till May to breed anyone, but since its so close, and she was clearly in heat we went ahead. Our stallion is now separate from the rest of the group, because with Stormy not knowing a date at all was tough! We are going to try it this way this year and see what results we get. It is so nice knowing at least a round about date. I have learned SO much in the past year or two! This site, and the friendly people, and just the experien,e has helped tremedously! Also, I am so lucky to live so close to Getitia and Les from Buckeye Walnut Creek. They have been so kind and helpful to us here.

Mares usually cycle for about a week and the end of the cycle is when they release the egg, so I would put her out with him daily then until she kicks him away. Then follow up in a couple of weeks to see if she comes back in season, repeat, LOL

Awesome thanks Laurie and Diane. That is what my plan is to do! Hope it all works for the best. The funny part is she is 35.5" and he is only 26.5" but, by golly he can "get 'er done!" Lol

I am so excited to clip her, we have never clipped her before, and I KNOW there is alot of spots lurking under there.

The funny part is she is 35.5" and he is only 26.5" but, by golly he can "get 'er done!" Lol
Sounds like you are doing it perfect to get a due date
default_smile.png

I always giggle when my little guy covers a bigger mare, he does little jumps and his back feet don't even touch the ground.
default_smile.png

Ha ha you guys are so funny!!! I am unfortunatly allergic to horses too!! I have to take some allergy meds before I head to the barn for a while! It stinks, but you gotta fight for what you love I guess!!
default_smile.png

Candy sounds like one of those mares that just loves being a Mommy.

Hope this takes and if not she'll be back in and it's certainly early enough to

cover her again, for next season.

I hand breed every other day and on the 7th day turn them out together and see

what transpires.

Those little guys always seem to know how to get 'er dun.
default_smile.png

Great news. That's how I bred April. Let her out with Juan and the up at night so I could see what was going on. I will definately be watching next year in March for this little beauty.

Yeah, I am so excited! (even though, i have forever to wait)

He cover her again at least 2 times today, and they are separated for the night. will see what tommorrow brings. Supposed to be a cold, rainy day. But, i have been praying for nice weather, because my daughter has to work outside with her school, they are doing volunteer work for people in their yards, and just trying to help the community. So, nice weather would really be nice, as most the jobs are outside
default_pray.gif

Now, back to Snowball! Sorry Snowball, you have been upstaged
default_whistling.gif

Snowball has some filling in her udder today, still doesnt look full, and could fill in her nipples more. Still VERY elongated in the hooha area.
default_thumbup.gif

I saw that too Diane, It was funny. And she is not normally laying down until late in the night. SO, she is resting up! I'd say anytime after Sunday night. The weather is supposed to warm up at nights in the 50's and 60's for low! Yipee! I am done with cold nights. Just got to get through 2 more Snowball, and then we are ready to see your little one.
default_please.gif

Snowball's privacy shot from this afternoon. These poor girls. Would be rich if humans! Lol Lol
default_new_rofl.gif
: jk

20120428_143539.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep (ROTFL about the being rich part) - she is certainly getting ready. Come on Snowball, April is almost over. Dont prove me wrong and make us wait another week!

And I have enough allergy problems but would just die if I was allergic to animals too!

Sigh, not many changes on Snowball this evening. Udder about the same, big, but not completely full in the nipples. Same belly, same VERY long hooha.This is the last cool night for awhile, so anytime after tonight is good with me.
default_yes.gif

Well sigh.... looks like I was wrong and she is going to wait til May.

Latest posts

Back