Snowball foaling thread - maiden - 5/13 colt*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all SO much! Im thinking you could be right, she has April in mind! She really had me concerned for awhile, but thank you Diane for letting me know it all looked normal. That helped me get some sleep. We will see what her udder brings today!

I must admit she gave me a heart attack when I pulled her up, she was out for the count with her legs dead straight
default_new_shocked.gif
I even shouted at her to get up which woke my dog up
default_new_rofl.gif
then as if she heard me she bent a front leg to let me know she was still breathing
default_new_rofl.gif
Do you think I worry too much ??
default_wacko.png

LOL, I find my mares dont lay down at all the last 24 to 48 hours before foaling... just too uncomfortable. The calm before the storm, hahaha

Haha, she scared me too lastnight all night!

I think she is a bit more comfortable tonight. But, all day she has had a clear liquid slowly leaking from her vulva. Still not much udder gain. It really seemd to slow down, for awhile, each day it would increase dramatically. But, she is making her own schedule i guess.

Mine dont usually pace or get fussy (unless a maiden because they have no clue, lol) but mine just dont lay down. I noticed it again this year after I put the breeder alert on Sol.... she never laid down AT ALL for two days- then the 3rd night- voila- set off the buzzer and she was in labor. She had tried to lay down once and popped right back up in seconds earlier that night as it was not comfortable. Some are so sneaky! Isn't this torture fun that we subject ourselves to? LOL

default_smile.png
yeah we are in it for the torture. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much udder development again. She was doing so well. Guess she read that list, and decided to put everything on hold..... Grrrrr. Silly girl. But still a bit of leaking from her vulva.......

come on Snowball
default_smile.png
how far along is she now kara?? I have her up with Sox I'll be watching on and off as I have stuff I need to do today but will watch when I can. 11:53pm she is standing quietly with her head to the wall...
default_frusty.gif
LOL

back down sternal
default_smile.png
lol talkin bout that kitty Diane, I saw her just standing there in the stable and had to look twice hehe thought Snowball had foaled LOL woops. then she ran off and I saw the tail hehe.

would love some pics of the kitties when you wake please Kara?

yes, it was o.k last time I checked so I don't know what happened. I can see her eating her hay though
default_yes.gif

I just sent Kara a text... sometimes you can see her sometimes you can't... i wonder if they might have a storm... it was working fine before as you said... Kara said she will check it
default_smile.png
thanks Kara, sorry to wake you

Storms here messed with the connection, sorry! Thank you for the text Cassie!

Yes, kittens and momma are still under that feeder. I have a home for 3 of yhem when they are old enough already. She was just a stray cat who has adopted our barn. Lol. Oh im sleepy, going back to get some more rest. Night all!

She is 323 days today, I believe. It is a rainy cold day today, so we left Snowballs stall door open. You might get a peak at Stormy and Smokey if they sneak in....

Not much change in the udder department. Which is ok, no foaling allowed tonight here, it is too cold. Tommorrow is supposed to be a little nicer.

Latest posts

Back