Miniature maiden mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She was bred all the way back in August of last year. She should've had it along time ago. So idk what to do or think.

I feel for you. I was sure mine was bred in May 2020, didn't think she held it after not feeling any foal movement all winter, felt a foal in late March early April 2021 finally and got ready for a late April/early May baby. Nothing happened, kept watching and getting more worried about a very late baby(this mare gives almost no signs going by the one other foal she's had here). I kept feeling quiet foal movement all summer and still am. I'm now thinking someone got her in Dec. It's a really weird situation, the first breeding was by a newly gelded stud(6 1/2 weeks), in Dec it could have been a 5 month old colt, a gelding 8 weeks after gelding or a gelding I lost in Jan who is my prime suspect and I'm thinking was a rig. Oh, and she had a positive external ultrasound the end of June. I'm mostly gobsmacked by the whole thing and waiting to see what happens.

You said you felt foal movement? Are you still? Has she had any other changes? Any chance you can get an ultrasound done? Could she have lost it in the paddock where you didn't see anything?

Taz, glad to hear your girl is doing well! Been wondering about y’all!

Last edited:
I feel for you. I was sure mine was bred in May 2020, didn't think she held it after not feeling any foal movement all winter, felt a foal in late March early April 2021 finally and got ready for a late April/early May baby. Nothing happened, kept watching and getting more worried about a very late baby(this mare gives almost no signs going by the one other foal she's had here). I kept feeling quiet foal movement all summer and still am. I'm now thinking someone got her in Dec. It's a really weird situation, the first breeding was by a newly gelded stud(6 1/2 weeks), in Dec it could have been a 5 month old colt, a gelding 8 weeks after gelding or a gelding I lost in Jan who is my prime suspect and I'm thinking was a rig. Oh, and she had a positive external ultrasound the end of June. I'm mostly gobsmacked by the whole thing and waiting to see what happens.

You said you felt foal movement? Are you still? Has she had any other changes? Any chance you can get an ultrasound done? Could she have lost it in the paddock where you didn't see anything?

She looks bigger from like behind. But I feel like I see foal movement but idk if that's her breathing or what. And there's no way she could have lost it because she's in a stall at night and goes out for like 2 hours.

She looks bigger from like behind. But I feel like I see foal movement but idk if that's her breathing or what. And there's no way she could have lost it because she's in a stall at night and goes out for like 2 hours.
Have you tried hugging her belly for a while to feel anything? It works best when they are eating grain. How frustrating and disappointing.

Latest posts

Back