Snowball foaling thread - maiden - 5/13 colt*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3.50am and she's standing quietly up in the top corner of the cam - can only see her bottom half - but all looking relaxed and normal!

Like the others, I think she has a little more cooking to do yet, but being a maiden??????????
default_yes.gif

Here is her udder pic from this morning. down again this evening.20120416_095715.jpg

Here is a hooha pic, the other day it was even more elongated, but she doesn't like this picture taken (can't blame her!) lol20120416_095724.jpg

And here is a pic for fun! She LOVES her neck and chest scratched, and when my hubby does it for her, she smiles! She's silly20120416_095745.jpg

Lots of tail swishing tonight, and she was rolling earlier. She just doesnt seem to be able to get comfortable.

I think from yesterdays udder pic, she's looking pretty close. Shouldn't be too long now!

LOL she does look like she is smiling. How cute! I would always get discouraged when I saw Laney's udder went down.. it happened up to the last 2 or 3 days before she foaled so once it stays full it is almost go time!

She really is progressing! Watch her with excessive rolling. I have been told they try to reposition the foal and we have found in the past with excessive rolling (not counting just a good spring scratching) that many times there has been a dystocia- so heads up if you think she is rolling a lot. Turn out to move and excercise is great for pregnant mares! Can't wait to see the baby!

Here sre some pics of Snowball from today. Udder went down some again. Its ok, I dont want her to foal too early to risk any problems. I love this bonding time when we are waiting for our babies! It is so awesome to have one on one special time with our very special mares.

20120417_093430.jpg

20120417_093453.jpg

she is still so little hehe poor thing must be really tucking that baby up! I'm watching her as she is a maiden I think she could still have up to a week to go. but needs watching very closely still.

Any pics for us of your little baby? did you decide on a name?
default_smile.png

She really is progressing! Watch her with excessive rolling. I have been told they try to reposition the foal and we have found in the past with excessive rolling (not counting just a good spring scratching) that many times there has been a dystocia- so heads up if you think she is rolling a lot. Turn out to move and excercise is great for pregnant mares! Can't wait to see the baby!
Thank you for that info. Luckily it was just one or two rolls through the night, not excessive. But, I agree with you, I have heard the same.

she is still so little hehe poor thing must be really tucking that baby up! I'm watching her as she is a maiden I think she could still have up to a week to go. but needs watching very closely still.

Any pics for us of your little baby? did you decide on a name?
default_smile.png
Cassie I will post new pics of "Smokey" on Stormy's page later today! He is just a doll. So fun to watch jumping and frolicing. He is trying to wait patiently for Snowball to bring his new best friend, but for now, momma has been fun! Lol

If any extra eyes are available tonight for Snowball that would be great! She is a maiden mare, her udder has gone up and down. It is not full tonight, so I didnt expect any baby anytime soon. But she has been very uncomfortable tonight, biting her sides, baby is moving I think its bothering her. But she is doing odd movements, and just acts different. she is stretching her body out alot, lifting rear leg oddly. Just a bunch of different things for her. Dont know what to expect? I wasnt expecting her to foal until closer to May or in May. So ???

Lol, Diane, you are silly! We were having a convention. And I was lightly rubbing Snowball's belly ( you know doing that prenatal massage, lol) She seemed to like it. She was breathing kind of hard, judt not sure whats going on. Her udder is not full. Maybe just baby moving....20120418_213340.jpg20120418_213528.jpg

I would place money that baby is moving around and making her uncomfortable. Looking down on her, it seems that she's still looking a bit lop-sided, so baby is probably causing some pressure discomfort. Her cam is up and we are watching her -- we all know about how maidens like to fool us -- so have no fear. We're here!

She's just standing quietly now. She may do some rolling to reposition baby a bit, and get more comfortable. Not to worry -- that always help move baby around and should make her more comfortable.
Ok, thank you!!! I think it is just positioning, because we could still see baby moving. I dont want her to foal while baby is not in position! Please no dystocias Lord. Amen.

hey Kara I have snowball up. I agree she is looking restless tonight. has been up and down a bit already tonight... hmmm.

praying for a safe arrival for her baby when he/she comes
default_smile.png

and where are the pics of Smokey?! :D

I must have been posting as you were posting Cassie! Thank you Diane, i have noticed baby seems to be Very far forward. She is 34.5 inches, and Buckeye WCF Hot Toddy is a big boy, he is under 38, but not sure how much? I hope she doesnt have any problems...
default_pray.gif

I just dont think Snowball is gonna have a May baby... her movements and odd things really sound like what I've seen when they are pretty darned close. Man.... the wait...
default_impatient.jpg
default_smokesmile.gif
default_gaah.gif

4.30am and she is out flat

after a long long sleep she is back up 5.30am and she is eating her hay

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back