Snowball foaling thread - maiden - 5/13 colt*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleBittyBritches

Reaction score
Ok, Snowball is up on camera now. Here is her link http://www.marestare...lebittybritches

She is due May 8th, and is a Maiden Mare. Here is a side shot from yesterday20120409_212222.jpg

side shot from this evening20120410_191617.jpg

Here is an udder shot from yesterday20120409_212249.jpg

Udder shot from this evening20120410_191643.jpg

Any birthday guesses?????

Last edited by a moderator:
Being a maiden she hasnt read the rule book yet LOL but she has a nice udder started. I am going to say 3 1/2 wks time

Sorry about the cam down. Our computer restarted itself, so It was out for awhile.

Last edited by a moderator:
default_thumbup.gif
Great progress, well done Snowball. Sorry I haven't posted Kara, I have had a few crazy days plus all these foals popping out here
default_yes.gif
I will be back to watching at night from Sunday
default_thumbup.gif

Hello Snowball, we were hoping that you would get your own thread so we can watch for you to have your new little baby.

She's looking good Kara, and moving pretty fast from the look of it. Not very good at guessing when mares will foal, especially maiden mares, but I would say approx 3 weeks maybe a little more???

Sounds like she should be on target for near beginning of may, her due date. But, I am going to try to keep a close eye on jer since she is a maiden. Not had a maiden foal before.

Hi Kara, sorry I haven't been around, but now that miss Laney has had her gorgeous little Tinkerbelle! Snowball will be up at all times.
default_smile.png

10:24pm and she is swishing her tail and standing in the right hand corner...

date I'm gonna guess 5th May
default_smile.png
not sure who daddy is so I wont guess colour... but she is lovely. and the foal will be gorgeous no matter what !

Yes, I see a big change in her udder from one day to the next.... I dont think she will wait til May?

Ok, sorry so late tonight. My daughter has her friend (also my neice) staying the night, and I had to get them all situated, and in bed. So, here are the pics from tonight. not much growth in the udder department today from yesterday. here is a side shot04132012.jpg

here is a pic from the rear04132012 rear.jpg

And here is
default_drool5.gif
daddy. I do not own Buckeye WCF Hot Toddy, but have permission from Getitia to post his pic.todd0902_small.jpg

Also, one more point I forgot to mention. Snowball is Lethal White Positive (tested)

Hot Toddy was tested negative for the gene, so hopefully nothing will be wrong, just a bit of info I wanted to pass along.

Ok, I only let Snowball out for a bit today, because it's rainy out. but her udder this morning shocked me! See what you guys think. she has been wierd today wanting more attention than usual. The post before this has her belly shot, rear pic, and pic of foal to be's daddy. What do you all think for a maiden?20120414_115636.jpg

Her little bump is so neat and tidy. Her udder is looking really good too. I do think there is more filling required but she has obviously got her game face on so will have to be watched like a hawk me thinks.

Daddy is a Babe
default_wub.png
This should be a gorgeous foal

I agree Karina, she might have a few days to go but I think we should watch her just in case she has other plans
default_smile.png

My mare who is not a maiden this year never got a V, so I dont count on that at all! She is progressing pretty quickly and nicely here. Should be a nice baby!!!

No udder development today, infact, it seems to have gone down a bit, but I know now (from this forum) that this can be normal in her development. Today was a BEAUTIFUL day here, and my horses enjoyed it so much!

I'm glad your horses got to have a nice day nejoying the sun
default_smile.png

11:37pm and Snowball is down sternal resting very nicely
default_smile.png

wow Daddy is absoloutly STUNNING!! should be one very gorgeous little foal
default_smile.png
I agree with the others maybe a few more days wait for this girl.
default_smile.png

She has been restless this evening. Stayed up to watch a bit. But im sleepy, and she seemed to have settled down a bit. So off to get some rest

Latest posts

Back