Raven's Thread: Updated video at 1 month page 78

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Megan and Cassie, you two crack me up! And those pics are adorable! How do you get the screen shots? All I know to do is to print screen and paste into paint or something, but that gets my whole desktop.

just tuned in to see your GORGEOUS colt having a little snooze with his cutie rug on!! he is so tiny and adorable!

it must be so hard for you Parmela not living where he is!
default_sad.png

hope you get to go and see him really soon!

hope your yearling is ok Heather!
It is VERY hard Cassie! Hard indeed. I looked into airfares this afternoon and even though now is so not the time to be spending extra money (we are buying a house) but I really want to lay my hands on the little mite. So, I'll probably bite the bullet and spend the cash to go see him at about week three. I've tried looking at my work schedule to see when I can get away and I think it's going to be around there. Hopefully!

Parmela I didn't know you had a thread here for Raven

Congrats on a beautiful little colt who had us all worried last night

hope all is fine now
Thanks Lori. He's doing MUCH better. A bit of rolling this afternoon/early evening and Heather tells me the vet was watching on cam and she suggested we get a headstart on the symptoms of ulcers since he had such a rough start, so Heather is treating. But honestly, he looks totally healthy; running around, playing, etc. So I'm hopeful.

On a different note...

I could not be more proud of Raven!
default_worshippy.gif
What a champ to take to motherhood so readily! She's done everything right and is putting some experienced broodmares to shame. Just one more thing that in my book makes her one of a kind!
default_wub.png

Now THAT'S service! He fell down exhausted, rolled over and was (sort of) cast. So he just decided that was as good a spot as any to nap and about 2 mins into it, Auntie Heather comes out, carefully moves him away from the wall and leaves. He didn't even wake up!lol

Folks, you can't find a better place for your mares!!!

Raven is up. Congrats on your colt.I am so glad Raven and colt are doing well. What is the little fellow name?

No name yet. I'm having a very tough time with this one. He may go nameless until I can see him in person.
default_sad.png

your welcome Parmela is is such a cutie kid!! we couldn't resist right Megan? lol

we do just as you said, screen shot then paste to paint, then I crop it n save as a JPEG file and add it as a pic on here
default_smile.png
if that makes sense LOL I can prob do some screen shots of doing screen shots LOL if you like
default_smile.png
its so awesome once you know what to do
default_smile.png

Sure, but as I told Heather, I'm TERRIBLE at this so my names are pretty dorky! Keep in minds I've named about 15 or more horses over the years and they've all been totally BORING names. I've always tried to get at least the sire's name in there, but in Raven's case I'm trying to get hers in there too for obvious reasons.

So, if everyone promises not to laugh...at least to my face...I'll put some up. Keep in mind I didn't start thinking about them until he was born because I never think of names before because I'm afraid I'm going to jinx it.

So, my list was:

I realize some are too long and would have to be scrunched together to work.

Star Ridge Acres Velvet Beauty (30)

Star Ridge Acres Black Velvet Beauty (36)

Star Ridge Acres Velvet Raven (29)

Star Ridge Acres Black Velvet (28)

Star Ridge Acres Raven Beauty (29)

Star Ridge Acres Just What I Ordered (36)

Star Ridge Acres Black Beauty (29)

Star Ridge Acres Ive Been Waiting For You (41)

Star Ridge Acres Relax Im Here (30)

Star Ridge Acres Worth The Wait (31)

Star Ridge Acres Been Waiting For You (37)

Heather's list (she's WAY more clever than me!):

Star Ridge Acres Masterpiece

Star Ridge Acres Black Vitorio (derivative of Victor or victorious)

Star Ridge Acres Vitorio

Star Ridge Acres Ravens Atreo OR Atreus (king)

Star Ridge Acres Baahir or Raven Velvet Baahir (35) Means Brilliant/Sparkling

Star Ridge Acres Ravens Verdict

Star Ridge Acres Impresario "Conductor - Director"

Star Ridge Acres Raven Chancellor (high ranking official)

Star Ridge Acres Ravens Exclusive or Echlusive

Star Ridge Acres Ravens Marvilloso

Star Ridge Acres Ravens Wan & Only

Star Ridge Acres Dream in Black

Star Ridge Acres Ravens Venetian "A Treasure to be shared"

Star Ridge Acres Extravagant Star

Sire's name is Black Velvet and dam's name is Raven Beauty.

OK ladies, have at it!

I'm off to bed. Back to reality, and work, tomorrow. Night all!

oooh no wonder why you can't decide LOL

you could have (just a bit of fun LOL) "Star ridge acres I'm a Raven Beauty" hehe and have it spelt either rave'n beauty or raven beauty :D just an idea LOL

umm, "Star Ridge acres Raven's velvet dream."

I really like your ones Parmela
default_smile.png
I love trying to use the sire and Dam's names especially if they have such gorgeous names like these two do.

I'm sure the others will come up with good names... theres some to play with anyway
default_smile.png

"Star ridge acres I'm a Raven Beauty"
default_new_rofl.gif
Cassie you are amazing. I love it!

Thanks Renee lol I was quite proud of myself on that one heehee. Hope you like it parmela
default_smile.png
I think it's my best name ever
default_smile.png
lol rare stroke of genius lol I get them occasionally night all
default_smile.png

Congratulations on the birth of your little guy! What page are the pictures on, I have dial up and can't view the camera? My name suggestion: Velvet Ravens Wing.

I just looked at the cam (been in darn meetings all morning!) and the stall is open! I wonder what he thought of the big world???? Wish I'd seen it when they opened the door. That's always fun when the discover they have legs that move fast!Lol

default_doh.gif
Forgot to report, IgG test results were very good, which kind of surprised me considering how many days she waxed and then literally dripped milk. And the vet reports he's healthy and no other internal or external issues are believed to exist. She, and Heather agrees, thinks his legs will continue to straighted as the days pass. He was just so tight in there, there was no room to move around!
default_risa8.gif

I am so glad that his IgG test was good, I don't think there was any doubt but best to check. I didn't see when they opened his door but I have checked many times during the day and I haven't seen him outside.

He has been outside several times to the terror of his mom. She is ready to kill anything that looks at him. So glad she likes us!! (keepers of the cookie) I feel like a Keebler Elf.

I have a couple short video clips of him outside that I will forward to Parmela for approval to post, once I get them uploaded.

Back