Cookie's thread- 7/4 A FILLY! PICS on pg 16 now

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HGFarm

Reaction score
I am not sure what happened to the other thread that was started, I could not find it. With the owners permission, I am posting pics here of her maiden mare that was pasture bred. Her bag was actually getting loose and saggy in late April but she is finally making some progress and it is starting to fill some.

She is on marestare at http://www.marestare...php?alias=flinn

Here is her udder, taken today.

Cookieudder6512.jpg

CookieudderB6512.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
She's certainly looking very close!! Good luck and safe foaling.
default_yes.gif

She is now getting there finally. She was out with the stallion all year and the owner at the time had no idea when she was bred. She thought she was due in April...... obviously not, and will now be born in the heat of the summer here.

Hotter than... well......you know. We have already had 112 but that was a big spike, however normal temps for right now is 101 - 105ish. These are our balmy spring time temps, lol

Oh this is normal for here.... the summer heat is yet to come!

OMG, I could see her belly jumping even on the camera!! It wants OUT

Has she progressed any more? Got new pics?
default_smile.png

Her bag is a bit fuller. Tonight when she was put to bed, she has been doing a lot of yawning and also rubbing her butt a lot. Also holding her tail out behind her some. Her milk is yellow and sticky.

Oh no, camera troubles..... they are aware.

hehe oh no camera angle just changed, oh and again, but worse LOL woops, at least someone is out there, come down some more LOL

Have an updated pic of Cookies udder taken this evening- the lighting is not great but you can see there is progress- - taken from the back. By the way, not only is this Cookie's first foal, but it's Cookie's human family's first Mini foal also. They are experiencing the 'joys' of foaling- no sleep, up off and on, the worrying- the true mare stare, waiting for something to happen!

Cookieudder612.jpg

Yep we are just waiting on that now...... if I remember, her name is Oreo Moon Cookie lol. She is a granddaughter of NFC Dandy Moon Man.

Bag is a little fuller yet, but still doesn't appear QUITE ready....

Still fat and waddling this morning..... sigh.

So stll we wait LOL!! Come on Cookie, be a good girl and share your secret with us - tonight, please!
default_yes.gif

Her udder is filled more but her nipples still arent and are still pointing in- she is making daily progress though and looks pretty close. Being a maiden, who knows!

Her poor owner is just about worn out, LOL I dont think she realized what she was getting into! (the waiting) Yes, we are dying to see what she has...

Back