PlayTime Minis - Finished for 2013; See you in 2014

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Chanda. Just went back to the barn and all is well and Sweetie has settled and baby is nursing. Milk actually squirted out of Sweetie when foal let go of nipple. Hurray!!!

Here's a couple more pictures. I could sit in there all day but trying to allow them time to bond. She's so much bigger than Suzette but her canon measurement is 7.5 so she's not huge. Just Suzette is going to be very tiny. Oh and her name is Katie Savannah because my grandmother's name was Kate and she was born in Savannah and spent her entire life there.

Her stripe:

2013june8thfilly 003.JPG

2013june8thfilly 006.JPG

I think she has a beautiful head.

2013june8thfilly 007-001.JPG

That's it for now but I'm sure I'll have more photos later. Thanks Nannies for all your help. Couldn't make it through without you. Renee, still think she's going to be black?

Welcome to the world Miss Katie Savannah

Sorry I wasn't here for you Sara
default_sad.png
I am so glad they got it sorted
default_thumbup.gif
Squealing is normal and some just take time to get used to being nursed. She is just totally adorable and I agree that little head is to die for
default_drool5.gif
So is the only white that little snippet?

She looks very similar in colour to the colt my Blue roan mare Odette had last year, I will post a pic for you to see, this mare never had a pinto foal with Eagle even though ALL his foals with other mares were pinto. Weird don't you think?

Anyway here is my boy that turned black, do you think they look similar?

IMG_1396.JPGIMG_1343.JPG

Love her and love her name. pretty coloring inside her ears on the last photo. Glad mom is giving Katie access to the milk bar now...PNut did the same thing for a bit until banamine kicked in...diane was able to keep me calm. She's really rockin in her little coat.

Fine thanks Heidi, I sold him together with his mum and she promised to keep them both or let me know
default_thumbup.gif

Renee, they do look alike!! She does have some white mixed around her black legs and I was wondering if she's going to roan. Don't know about that dorsal stripe on her. I guess Suzette was so jet black and Miss Katie Savannah is so light in comparison. Heidi, I tend to panic. I'm so glad that squealing is normal and they are doing fine now. One more picture. She falls asleep standing up and then next thing I know she's in a tiny little lump lying down. Heidi, I'm a sucker for these foal jackets. Just lucky it's still cool enough here to use them.

2013june8thfarm 001.JPG

She is just precious! So glad all went well, and so exciting that both fillies will now have each other as playmates. Congratulations Sara!!

Oh many congratulations Sara and well done to Sweetie - what a beautiful little filly, love her name too. I'm so glad it all went well for you, and it's wonderful that Suzette is going to have a new little sister to play with very soon, bet they will grow up to be great friends.

Again, many congrats!!
default_thumbup.gif

That last pic is what it is all about, thanks for sharing this journey with us
default_smile.png
big hug

Thanks so much. I'd love for all of you to come visit. It's such a different experience with Katie Savannah from Suzette. Raven is an awesome Mom but she was so protective and worried about me whereas Sweetie is not at all worried about having me around. I've been able to cuddle the baby and yes, spoon her too and there is just nothing more awesome. I can see why everyone on this board gets hooked on foals. Love for all of you to come visit!!!

Sara, I'm slow in getting on here...........I came down with tonsillitis.....not a good thing when you're in your 60's. LOL Anyway, your new little Katie Savannah is just beautiful!! So glad the foaling went well and that all is good. Most of my mares really don't want me messing with their babies until they're at least a week old. So you are very lucky to have a mare like Sweetie! I'll look forward to meeting Katie and the rest of your animals when you get to Missouri!
default_yes.gif

Yes, Pam so sorry. Tonsillitis sounds terrible. Let us know how you are doing.

Suzette wanted you to know I haven't forgotten about her. Spent some time sitting and relaxing with her this morning. She's awesome too! I thought she was black but she's starting to roan. Her Dad's a bay roan and Raven is smoky black so not sure if she's turning into a black roan???

2013june9thfarm 018.JPG

What a DELIGHT to come back to another gorgeous little filly!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! You will SO MUCH enjoy watching the two little girls playing with each other! So much fun to watch the baby antics as they are growing~!

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!!!!

Last edited:
Thank you Diane. You and the Aunties have guided me through safely once again.

Back