PlayTime Minis - Finished for 2013; See you in 2014

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's in the barn today as we are having very bad storms. I don't know if I mentioned her yet but she's Cross Country Secret Dreams, a Rowdy daughter and in foal to LM Idols Secret Regaldo for a 2014 foal. She has to be one of the prettiest mares I've ever seen (but I think all my horses are gorgeous cause they are my children). But even my husband commented on Dreams and he is NOT a horse person at all. RFM IMA Sweet Creation is supposed to arrive today but not sure about that because of our weather. Those are my final two purchases and I think they are pretty awesome mares. Lexi, you can see Dreams on my web page if you scroll all the way down the mares' section.

Got a break in the weather so here's some photos of Dreams. She has ice blue eyes and her color is gorgeous (I think).

2013june2nddreams 010.JPG

2013june2nddreams 011.JPG

2013june2nddreams 012.JPG

Love Dreams - love those Red Boy lines. I would bet that she is LWO+ - do you know if she was tested? One of our Red Boy grand daughters is LWO+ but the other one is not, although both are pintos. There we are, related again through our minis!!!

She looks just like our old Haffie, Cornbread!! I always thought he was the most handsome guy and your Dream could be his twin!! Love her and would love to have a mini in my barn her color. Hows Miss Sweetie today? Don't forget Thursday night she will be having her little one so get the bottle of champagne ready!! How is the new little piggy settling in? Do you have to separate for a bit or do they just automatically join the piggy herd.

Thanks one and all. My big news is we had a tornado on Saturday. Not like Oklahoma tornados (much smaller) but I just got my power back. Don't know how I knew but Raven and her filly were out in a pasture we've made for them and something told me I had to get her in. I made her and Suzette run to the barn and we made it just in time. So the horses and I were together in the barn while it passed through. It was something else and scary. Lots of trees down. Evidently our area of Vermont was hardest hit with some roads closed. I've been hauling water from the well for various piggies, horses and doggies and us. Anyway, even with all that excitement no baby yet.

Mary, I'll ask if she was tested. I'm glad we're related again. Lori and Eagle, thanks. Heidi, I love the name Cornbread!!! Little piggie Lorenzo is with his older piggie friends. They adopted him right away and hid in their piggie house in a big lump until the sun came out again. Kunes aren't aggressive pigs thank goodness.

Goodness that was a close call for you and the girls - well done you! Hope that's the last nasty experience that will come your way this year!

Thanks. Nothing going on here. I think Sweetie is waiting for Wish to catch up. Just went out to check on Sweetie. She's standing in her stall and eating her breakfast but her back end looks like she's having contractions. Maybe my imagination and she's just stretching? Think I'd better not turn her out today? She loves being out and I've been keeping a close eye on her but I have a fear of her giving birth out in the field. Advice? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Giving birth outside should not be an issue as long as you can see her. Do you have a place you can put her outside (fairly clean) and keep an eye on her?

She's turned out in the big pasture with her mare BFFs and I just keep running back and forth to check on her every 10 minutes or so. Seemed to stress her more when I locked her up. At least I'm getting exercise.

Mine have foaled outside before with no problem what so ever, as long as you can keep an eye on her she is much better outside getting fresh air and exercise
default_yes.gif
It is amazing to watch them foal when they are out in a herd, I caught one of mine down and pushing years back, the stallion was in a major bad mood walking the fence line, you could see he was daring anyone to come near "his" girl and all the other mares were in a circle around the mare down. If they could talk I swear they would have been encouraging her to breath deep and slow and then all in chorus "pushhhhhhhhhhhhhh". It was an amazing experience to watch. I left her there and sat down on the gate at a distance to watch. The stallion never once came near the girls (I bet he knew he would get his butt kicked) lol the foal arrived safely and the mare stood up immediately breaking the cord. All her friends just stayed close by waiting to be invited in to say hello to the new arrival, a little black colt called Chocolate Chip
default_smile.png

This mare was top dog so I don't know if that is why she received so much respect but that year all my girls foaled out in the field together and I had no problems what so ever.

Sorry I am woffling now and anyway I have to go and finish Matteo's birthday cake as he is 14 today
default_thud.gif
my baby is getting so big
default_crybaby.gif

See ya all later
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Renee, that made me feel better. I just checked and they were all in the run in shed taking an afternoon siesta. Wish is getting bigger by the day so maybe they do want to foal together.

Enjoy Matteo's birthday. They do grow so fast!!!!
default_birthday.gif
Matteo! Wish we were all there to enjoy your cake!

Looking forward to some 'interesting' news about Sweetie today????????????

Renee, I LOVE that piggie. Thanks so much!!!

No news on the Sweetie front but I'm hopeful for today. Suzette was born on my sister's birthday and if my grandmother were still alive, today is her birthday. If not today, I'm wondering if vets ever induce labor????? She's huge.

Latest posts

Back