PlayTime Minis - Finished for 2013; See you in 2014

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL!! I agree with you Diane! I also love old buildings of any kind - they age and weather so beautifully (unlike a lot of us humans!).

I just love this little filly, she is so refined
default_smile.png
thanks for sharing such fab pics.

Oh, the legs and the spunk! She's adorable.

I'm right there on the weathering! Snow on the roof, bits and pieces are acting out; it's a slow crumble, isn't it? I drive by several old settlers' dwellings (how did they fit their whole families in some of them???) and find that there are the ones who stand proud and fairly solid, and there are those who develop sags and moss, tumble down from the top down. Hey, just like people!

Yes, I know well that crumbling feeling for sure. Getting harder to stand up every day. Thank you everyone!

I just remembered you are in Vermont!!! I should have known..of course you have beautiful fences and nice old barns...dahhh smacking myself on the forehead!!! My brother lives in Stowe and I used to love visiting and taking the mountain roads and looking at fences including the really old stone fences that go for miles....day dreaming about the types of people that built them. Amazing!! I'd love to see pics of your older barn. When ever Anna shows pictures of her property Im always in awe of the pretty area where she is too. Im not complaining b/c I do love florida and we have been very fortunate w/our lives but I sure do miss the hills, mountains, folliage and the change of seasons that others have....its just so darn flat here!! how are the piggies doing..they would love my yard right now...its a major mud pit!!!

I wrote about it for Grit Magazine and you can see some photos here: http://www.grit.com/red-pine-mountain/restoring-barn.aspx I had tons of photos of our restoration but they were lost when my computer caught a virus
default_sad.png
If you watch the movie Disappearances, you can see our barn, the road to our farm and at the very end, they used our view from the top of our pasture. I think Florida is pretty special too and when it's 30 below here during the winter and I have to do barn chores, Florida is always on my mind.

Please give mountain Man a big hug...he deserves it....that barn is beautiful!! what a lot of work. I'll have you know I just spent an hour reading the wonderful stories on GRIT..what an interesting site...Loved it and will go back and read more tonight. I love the animal section and stories!! Thanks for sharing

What a wonderful article Sara, you and your mountain man deserve total respect
default_worshippy.gif

wow that barn is AMAZING! what an icredible job you and mountain man are doing Sara! can't wait to see it all completed!

your little fillies are adorable! love them

I love you new filly! Thought I had already posted that but must have been a dream. She is so refined and I love the snip on her nose. Hope you enjoy your two foals as much as we are enjoying ours!

Any chance any of your horses - or you - will be at the Maine shows next weekend? We will be there with three of ours, including Bunny and Snappy.

Loved that GRIT article Sara - you have a really amazing barn! Good luck to you and Mountain Man for your efforts to save it - please keep us informed on how it goes, pictures too if possible would be great.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary, yes, one of my boys, Zorro, will be there with Danielle so if you want to stop and give him a kiss for me, I'd love it!!! I hope you have a wonderful time because it sounds like a great show. And thank you. I love my new baby too.

Anna, thanks!! We've done a lot of work since that article. Actually lifted the barn and redid the foundation so it wouldn't sink. But a computer virus took out all my photos. I do love old barns and so sad to see so many of them lying in piles on the ground.

Woops, just saw the posts on page 61 so I wanted to say thank you to everyone. Yes, my husband is amazing. He's done all the work by himself and it's been a labor of love for sure. Heidi, Grit is a wonderful magazine and their website is awesome. Lots of good info. Renee, thank you. I cry when I see the old barns falling. Just a piece of history that will never be recovered and here in Vermont, the old barns are such a part of our history. Little Lady, thank you!! Cassie, thanks!!

Pictures of Wish. I didn't have a lead rope on her and she was wandering around.

2013june15thfarm 012.JPG

2013june15thfarm 013.JPG

She squirmed for this one.

2013june15thfarm 014.JPG

2013june15thfarm 019.JPG

And here's my maiden mare, Silver. I think she has a while or is it because she's a maiden?

2013june15thfarm 016.JPG

2013june15thfarm 015.JPG

2013june15thfarm 017.JPG

2013june15thfarm 018.JPG

Both looking very good!! We know maidens are tricky, so it's hard to tell, but I think both have a little bit to go! Just love seeing the pictures as they "grow!"

They are both looking great, but from the size of their tummies I think they had better hurry up with their udders or the new babies might be a bit short on milk supplies!!

They will. I think you'll start to see some progress, but even if not, many a mare has foaled with little or no udder and still filled at foaling. When they are good and close, just call the vet and tell him you have a mare(s) that doesn't have much udder, and they can give a shot that will fill her up! Most times, just the foaling brings in the milk, combined with baby's constant nursing you'll soon have "dairy cows" !! LOL

Latest posts

Back