PlayTime Minis - Finished for 2013; See you in 2014

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am SOOOOOO glad I snuck on here at work! WOW!! What a PERFECT little girl!! She's simply GORGEOUS!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

A sponge bath or just some cleaning up with some baby wipes would be fine after a bit of bonding.

She's beautiful! And I can't believe you are 3 for 3 !!!

Thanks Diane for the advice. She caught me so by surprise. Checked her throughout the day yesterday and nothing had changed. Poops were totally firm so just had no clue so she's got a very dirty tail from giving birth. I'm trying to stay away from them for a while to give them some privacy but it's oh so hard. I sneak into the barn and just peak over the stall door. Last time I was out there, they were both lying down snoozing.

Yes, the filly fairy is alive and well in Vermont it seems
default_yes.gif

She should be cremello if Wish is a palomino... Perlino is two cream genes on buckskin; cremello is two cream genes on palomino... I want her!!!! <bg>

Kari

Oh many many congratulations!! Well done Wish - what a beautiful daughter!
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif

So glad she waited for you to be around Sara - I have had mares do that for me too! I love the fact that you are letting them have their bonding time - but there's nothing in the book that says that you cant be peeking on a regular basis - we always make cups of tea and stand peeking with huge grins on our faces!!

Cant wait for the updated unfolded pics - she's such a pretty girl.
default_yes.gif

Again, many congratulations - now we wait for Silver, mind she doesn't catch you on the hop as well?? LOL!!

Thanks Anna. It's really hard not to get in the stall with them but they need their Mom and daughter time today. I've been watching Silver like a hawk today afraid she'll take me by surprise too. It's very exciting being a new Mom
default_yes.gif

Couple more pictures. It turned into a gorgeous, warm day here so I put them out while I cleaned stalls. She's starting to unfold. She's going to be tall like her Mom and right now she's all legs. She's actual nickering already. They are tucked in for the night again as it will get cool here very quickly this time of year. What an exciting day!

2013october9thwishfoal 016.JPG

2013october9thwishfoal 026-001.JPG

Wish says goodnight!

2013october9thwishfoal 003.JPG

Dad is Buckskin roan. Wish is palomino pinto. Diane, question - when do you stop breeding mares - at what age? Wish is going to be 20 in the spring and I was going to retire her but she had such an easy foaling and is such a great Mom I was thinking maybe one more foal or is that being selfish of me?

Once they're in their 20's, I just watch each year to see how they're doing. I've bred them up to age 24 with no side effects at all, and all nice babies. I tried one at 25, but it was hard on her -- after many successful years of breeding, so as long as she's doing well, and having a good and easy time of it, I'd continue, until you see a foal start to pull her down during the lactation period before weaning. As long as she's doing well, I'd just keep going with whatever schedule you have for her.

This DEFINITELY needs to be repeated!!

You know, with a buckskin daddy and a palomino mommy, she could also be a smokey cream! It's a low percentage of chance, but it's there for sure!

She's just beautiful!

Oh thank you for the outside pics - she certainly is a very beautiful little filly. I love that last picture, just perfect.
default_yes.gif

She could also be Perlino as her buckskin dad carries black and agouti, am I right there Diane or other color gurus?

Yes, that is correct too.

My double cream mare is registered as a cremello, but I suspect she's a smokey cream. [sire is registered cremello (might be smokey cream); dam is smokey silver black.]

Here is a baby picture of Bonny:

Blizzard - baby pic.jpg

And, a grown-up picture:

Bonny and foal - july 14, 2012 - 2.jpg

As you can see she inherited her momma's silver gene and passed it to her foal (a cute little smokey silver black, he's now a yearling).

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back