PlayTime Minis - Finished for 2013; See you in 2014

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. Haven't pulled the stallion reports yet but I did check the dates Sweetie, Silver and Wish arrived and that was last January and they were all confirmed by ultrasound so I guess it will be before next year sometime.
default_yes.gif
I'll be watching closely and do more photos today. Thank you again.

Here's some pictures this morning. Not the greatest and don't know if they will be helpful because I couldn't get all the photos you need.

Silver

2013july6thmares 001.JPG

2013july6thmares 002.JPG

Wish

2013july6thmares 006.JPG

2013july6thmares 011.JPG

2013july6thmares 012.JPG

Nothing going on but since this is my foaling thread for my girls, I just wanted to thank you all for your support. Seems when people even mention breeding elsewhere they get taken to task but I've learned so much from being on this board and wow, have there ever been some awesome foals born who are staying in great homes. Thanks again!! Back to baby watch now.

You are so welcome! I'm so glad you're here and letting us share in the miracle of birth. We just love these girls, and I just love our shared experiences, and the fun we have here. And you are right -- there have been some awesome foals born here -- surrounded by love!

Keep us posted.

Well her tummy looks great but I would still like to see some movement in her udder!

Pics of Silver now please!
default_yes.gif

Silver today.

2013july10thsilver 001.JPG

2013july10thsilver 003.JPG

2013july10thsilver 004.JPG

2013july10thsilver 008.JPG

2013july10thsilver 009.JPG

I looked up the stallion report and she was pastured with him from August 22nd to December 1st and she was confirmed by ultrasound but to me she's looking less and less pregnant but maybe that's my inexperience??? She does have loose poop today which she didn't have yesterday so maybe that's the foal in position?

With those dates she should have at LEAST a month to go so she could start udder development any time now. To ease your mind, I would suggest doing a WeeFoal 120 pregnancy test. Very inexpensive and easy to do - the most difficult part is collecting urine but it if you watch closely or know her habits, you only need to soak some up off the shavings or ground.

Thanks Mary. I never knew you could use urine from shavings which is why I haven't done it. I thought you had to catch them in the act.

Sara- I carry a paper towel in my pocket and sop the urine up, even from dirt. Then I squeeze the urine out into a paper cup and either let it sit so any dirt settles out, or I have been known to filter it through another paper towel. Just make sure the doesn't pee right where another horse peed!

Learned about the Wee Foal AFTER suffering through a false pregnancy where we paid for camera, Mare Stare and had people watching as the mare bagged up and then ---NOTHING. The Wee Foal 120 tests for something in the fetus - not hormones - so if the mare slips the foal like our mare did you won't get a false positive. Our mare had been U/S in foal early and then shipped a long distance. Oh, yes, and there was a hefty stud fee involved.

I'm off to order it. I can get urine as soon as I put clean shavings in the stall. Never fails as soon as the stalls are cleaned they get marked. Thanks so much!! I've been wondering as an older maiden mare if she might have miscarried. Going back through my photos, to me she just looked more pregnant but I'm a novice. So sorry about your mare and all the costs of stud fees and shipping and then to have no foal. Very sad.

Thinking might be the day for Silver. She was lying flat out in the pasture and then she'd get up, pee and go right back down flat out. I was out there for quite a while with her and her behavior didn't change so I've brought her into the barn and I'll be watching. I don't know if this is a false alarm but being a maiden, I thought I'd better be prepared.

Nothing. False alarm. I turned her back out again with her buddies. I tend to worry especially since she is an older maiden.

YOU DID GOOD!!! It's always better to err on the side of caution, than to take a chance with this special mommas.
default_thumbup.gif

Ditto what Diane said! Well done to you for being so attentive to her changes in behaviour, it is never worth ignoring anything with these little minis, especially with the maidens who might want a bit of extra help during delivery.

Hope the Wee Foal test strips arrive soon!

Wish today. No bag shots though because she moved and they all blurred. I'll try to get some of those later.

2013july17thwish 001.JPG

2013july17thwish 003.JPG

2013july17thwish 006.JPG

I just learned that Wish is the Mother of Toni Reece's stallion, Inki. I've always loved Inki so hoping for another baby just as gorgeous.

How exciting! Keeping my fingers crossed for an Inki 'look-a-like' for you.
default_yes.gif

Any news on th Wee Foal strips yet?

Back