PlayTime Minis 2015 Foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay! wishing you a textbook foaling and one perfect little baby! can't wait to see pics
default_thumbup.gif

I'll join in the excitement! Hope all is going well, and looking forward to photos!

The filly fairy has landed again and this time it's a healthy gorgeous blue eyed, bald faced, champagne colored baby. Mom and babe are resting and doing well. Praise the Lord she is healthy. That's really all I cared about.

2015march21stsaharaandbabe 009.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
No, she's not pinto. She's solid except for her bald face. Her sire is Los Arboles Hy N Mighty Hawk making her my first Billy Knight baby. She's looking champagne to me but I'm sure she can't be. I'll have her out today and do better photos.

Congratulations ! Looks palomino to me. She will probably look different dry and in the sun. NOW, please send the filly fairy my way! I have two Miniatures and the half Arab to go.

She's stunning! Congratulations!!!!!

And unless I'm mistaken, she is a minimal pinto since the blaze or bald face is a pinto gene at work. Appaloosa genes I'm good at, but with pinto genes I make mistakes. So, perhaps someone expert on the "pinto" language could clarify.

Whatever she is..... she is just beautiful!!!!!

Thanks so much. I got them out this morning and I don't think she is palomino. She's sand color or cafe au lait. Her sire's line is full of dilutes and her dam is a sorrell but as I said I know nothing about color genetics. Don't know if she'll change colors as some foals tend to do. Here's some more photos.

2015march21stfilly 005.JPG

2015march21stfilly 010.JPG

2015march21stfilly 023.JPG

As far as the miniature horse registries are concern, I'm pretty sure she would be considered solid, as she doesn't have body white that I can see, and little to no leg white. I'd say it's probably Sabino at work causing her big blaze; which is technically a "pinto" gene, but also the common gene in causing "normal" face and leg white in solid horses.

She so cute.

Ok, as I said I stand corrected. But I knew the blaze or socks came from the pinto genes, so I didn't know they would be considered a minimal pinto or a solid.

It's a little bit like "appy bred" or maybe even appy characteristics (just the mottling and striped hooves); the genetics are there, but not showing much color.

Latest posts

Back