Marlanoc Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dreamy darling, I know I was stressed and super busy but you seriously did not need to do that on your own last night while I wasn't paying proper attention because it was early. I mean I was typing about how kind you are as you were probably gifting me with this little creature! But I was always willing and happy to stay up late with you, but as always I thank you for being an angel of a creature.

And I'm sure Squirt is happy to be a big brother again
default_wink.png

And I'm sure the Aunties will be demanding photos of the only TJ baby I'm getting this year
default_wink.png
so there's really no need to keep parking HER in my lap to show me what you did.

Tehehehehehehe

But Malia doesn't want pics of another filly.... ONLY MALIA!!!!!!

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

default_wink.png

Bay, probably bay varnish (eyes are rather appie) filly! And TINY! The mum is a tad over 30"

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

OMG !!!!!!! Squirt will be stoked , she looks just like him as a new born
default_smile.png

Who was Dreamy bred too this year ? Ill tell him when I get home.

That just made my rather Boring Tuesday at work so much better.

Congratulations Dreamy and you too Bree another stunning filly running around your pastures
default_smile.png

OMG !! shes lovely, looks just like squirt as a new born. I will tell him tonight when I get home from work, he will be stoked
default_smile.png

Congratulations Dreamy and Bree
default_thumbup.gif

This is a Dreamy and TJ baby. I've attached pics
default_wub.png

The cross has done exactly what I wanted! Dreamy can throw too strong to the pony in her heritage (exceeding common for minis of her age) and she and Tinker were a nice cross (Thor is still a colt!) but I really hoped that TJ could throw his rather dominant type and lighten up the body and lengthen the legs. He's done it again!
default_wub.png
:wub

AND Grace has a beautiful compromise on their faces, a bit of length from her daddy and a dish from her mum!

IMG_0561.jpg

1236993_610545538989216_936795193_n.jpg

Oh what a little beauty!! Well done Dreamy (if a little bit sneaky!) and TJ.
default_thumbup.gif
default_hypocrite.gif

Good job Dreamy!! Pretty little girl, very feminine!

And you know, I had to stop and stare at those SPOTS along the way! Thanks for adding in THOSE pictures!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on another little beauty!

So happy with little Grace
default_wub.png
she's so TINY! Especially in the same paddock as Malia!

TJ really has done an excellent job of refining all of Dreamy's amazingness.....although we still have to see if we have The Trot
default_wub.png

Kirra's beginning to wax up again.

OMG!

Just did a milk test on Kirra.

6.2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In normal rules this means foaling imminent!

So of course I'm not set up LOL Going to gather up my gear and head on out to the float and set up an alarm for her.

Keep your fingers crossed people!

COME ON KIRRA!!!!!!! Praying for the safe delivery of this special little one!!!

default_thud.gif

OMG.

Last night. Just this
default_thud.gif

I won't be mean with the dramatics this time, we have a foal safely on the ground.

The reason I'm saying that first for once is it was NOT easy.

When Kirra set the alarm off it didn't take my long to get to her... so I had to watch her get up and go down a few times with no pushing.

Gave her a few gos before cleaning my hands and going in. I've never had to go all the way in before, when I pulled Freyja out she was just there. I hit what felt like a wall, a wall that would go back if I pushed. No feet, no features to know what was going on.

Got out and called the vet while I got Kirra to her feet to walk her. She went down twice while I was talking to him and then getting my dad out to help.

Somehow in those two rolls she had adjusted the position and when she went down a third time a leg and a face shot out. I went in after the other leg and then kept pulling to get it in the right spot. All while getting covered in fluid and blood. And with my torch dead, it started to die as soon as thing started to go wrong of course.

She stood pretty quickly but Kirra was up and down with pain for the next two hours, even with painkillers. The filly was also struggling with her sight and kept bumping into things. It took five hours for her to latch on and drink after trying for two, it was like she didn't even care about the udder for the first three.

I went inside for an hours sleep after they both went down for a nap of their own. Vet had been put off until normal hours after I got the foal out. He's been and given them both shots. Kirra has some tearing and minor blood loss so she'll be on antibiotics for awhile. The filly has swollen eyes from the pressure during the birth which is probably why she was having sight issues.

Both are expected to be 100% fine
default_firstprize.gif

So say hi to Marlanoc SF The Valkyrie

And block your ears, because an appie friend freaked out when she saw this so Di might do the same
default_whistling.gif

Apparently I have a silver bay snowcap.

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

Latest posts

Back