jj in foal? new mares pictures/soon jewel too!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It can't hurt her, so go ahead and give it. It will make you feel better. Best keep the vet happy!!

Congratulations she is adorable. Yes if the mum isn't utd with vacc. then a tetnus shot to baby is a good idea.

WOW!! BRILLIANT!! HOORAY!! MANY CONGRATULATIONS!! WELL DONE JEWEL!!
default_thumbup.gif

What time did she foal, was everything straightforward? Love the pictures of the little filly - very pretty, cant wait to see more, dont forget to remove that headcollar as Diane says.

Well done to all of you - again many congratulations!!

cassie..JJ is still waiting to foal..Jewel the paint with a bag and hardly any belly foaled tonight. OMG she is the cutest thing. I am going to need help with her color. I thought she was black ..but even while wet noticed this silver sheen

Now that she is dry you can really see it..esp in places like the outside rear part of back leg. Even her fetlocks have a silvery sheen.

It was a wonderful foaling. I had just packed up to spend the night in the barn. Got in and heard off noises from jewels stall. Flashed the flash lite oveer there and she was down pushing ..ran to house hollered to hubby..and got back in time to see the presentation Immediately saw the 2 staggered fronts and the nose. RELIEF! I did assist as far as just holding foal steady in place as jewel pushed.. Cleared the sac which broke easily.

Baby was up on her legs..which are very straight ands upright in minutes. She still has not nursed as she has been insistent the wall has milk. Finally i put he rin a seemi proper by momma position..who btw is very protective if i mess with baby. sh eis now sucking jewels legs.

She passed meconium stool.. got her tetanus dipped navel, and jewel got 2cc banamine/

Baby does one very weird thing..besides sucking on the wall. SheLIKES to lie down and roll all the way over.She will do it every which way..no distress. Just like she has room now to roll!

She isn't nearly as small as I thought she would be. I am surprised jewel was so small

thanks up EVERY ONE. I am just so happy! safe baby and momma.

and to top it off a very uniquely colored filly!

Well done to you!! WOW, lucky you were on the way to the barn at just the right moment - I know everything went well but there is nothing like the excitement and wonderment of helping a new little life into the world is there!
default_yes.gif

Make sure you have a busy camera in operation later today!!

i have not slept yet..too excited

I am so glad I didn't mis sit. I had sent pictures to the previous owner who thought maybe she had a da yor 2. I almost didnt stay out in the barn.But then figured i woud rather sleep out there and have nothig h appen then sleep inside and miss it.

I am in love. She is soo funny.

She almost looks like a blue roan..or a silver. The inside o f her legs are silvery. I will get som epictures tomorrow when I have more light then a flashlite.

she is gorgeous. Gorgeous straight legs..big eye. and so darn funny

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!!

It's my fault Cassie said JJ -- this old mind posted the wrong name I was so excited!!! Forgive me -- GREAT GOING JEWEL!!!!

So beautiful!! I love solids! I can't wait to see what color this little gal will be!!

after looking it up online.. I guess blacks can be born with the silver legs and such and usually they are homozygous for black if they have the silver?

So I am thinking she is a true black ..which is awsome too

I have a question

She was having such a hard time finding teat last night I milked about 3 ounces out with plans to bottle feed it to her later if need be.

Jewel was also so engorged I think it was hard for baby to latch. She seems to have gotten it now...little sucks here and there. But Jewel is still very hard. Is there anything I should do?

I do want to thank everypne who told me to move to the barn. I surely would have missed it had it not been for you. It was worth waiting 18 years for. It all happened so fast though I didnt get a chance to even think. . Heck even my foaling bag was over in the other stall. I am so proud of Jewel,. What a wonderful momma

You are very welcome, a few of the other girls hadn't understood it when we had said how important it is to be present so we decided to take a firmer aproach.

GET YOUR BLANKET AND MOVE TO THE BARN NOW!
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
and the great thing is it worked
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
We have another gorgeous baby to add to our foaling album and everyone is happy
default_thumbup.gif

If Jewels udder is still very firm it could mean that baby isn't feeding enough so keep an eye on her, if foals don't eat they go down hill fast so you will see if she isn't up and playing every hour or so.

She is stunning! Congratulations!! How is the new filly doing? How is Jewel? Cant wait for dry photos
default_smile.png

all are doing good!. I milked jewel right at 12 hours and fed baby 12 cc colostrum. I know it isn't much but it made me feel better. Jewel still has firm udder..but i see baby in position which appears to be nursing. a slurp here a slurp there.

raining..and crap day today.

I am going to try and open up her stall today so as to make it bigger. It's so dark and dingy in the barn. Can really tell after a night sleeping in it.

can't wait for the sun. I am going to rearrange the fence so that they can go out in a few days when it is supposed to be sunny and still not be with the others. JJ and Jewel have this alph competition going on.

wormed jewel a few hours after birthing. Think I got everythig covered thanks to you aunties!

am I right in thinking they still can't have pasture if there is probably fescue in it? it is going to be almost impossible to let them out and keep them off fescue. It is mostly dry lot with sprigs,I guess they would be ok as it is what jewel had been on.

I am surprised at how strong they are...i tried to feed her and she has too much fight.

yeah..i am in love......

I am glad all is going well and sorry to hear about the bad weather
default_sad.png
You are right in thinking no grazing on fescue whilst Jewel needs to produce milk. They will just have to stay on the dry lot for now. It's a good idea to make her stall as big as possible as you will soon learn
default_smile.png
Babies like to wizz arounf A LOT
default_xreiter.gif
default_xreiter.gif

Latest posts

Back