Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooooooo how exciting!! My mares never get the 'tail bone' look, they do feel 'squidgy', and yes they are 'well covered' (fat!), but in my opinion, if you get a real tail bone look on a mare, then she is not/has not been receiving enough food prior to foaling anyway.

Wishing you good luck and sending prayers for a safe smooth foaling and a healthy baby.
default_yes.gif

HOLY COW!!! So....testing at 6.4 means, DON'T GO TO THE GROCERY STORE, YOUR DAUGHTER'S PULLUPS CAN WAIT!!!

Babydoll gave birth right as I was pulling in the driveway, I opened the door and heard all the other mares whinnying like crazy. She gave birth to a filly, and she has grey eyes. I believe she is a buckskin, I will take pics and post as soon as I can.

Mama is in a lot of pain and doesn't stand up for long, I gave her banamine and she did deliver the placenta in tact. I just need to keep a close eye on her.

So far so good, and so, so excited!

Here she is! Blazing Star's Chantilly Lace "Lacy" a buckskin filly born 2:30pm April 20. She's up and nursing, looking great! Mama is a little better, the vet is a friend of mine and will come out if need be. She is SO adorable and we are, of course, thrilled times TWO lol.

DSCF5274.JPGDSCF5271.JPGDSCF5276.JPGDSCF5281.JPG

And a few more of Velvet:

DSCF5277.JPG

DSCF5278.JPG

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! TWO precious little ones safely on the ground!!

Don't forget to post their pictures in our baby album!!

Congrats!!! Wow, two live healthy fillies in one weekend - that is just amazing!!!!! Can't get much better than that. I guess the wait was worth it? I know you got off to a rough start so I hope this helps to heal that pain.

Thank you all!!! Yes, it's been a whirlwind and we are so very grateful for these two angels! It's funny, you wait and wait and wait...your hair turns gray from it. Then BAM, BABIES!!!
default_thumbup.gif

We had another terrible loss this morning. Midnight, whose due date was in question, went into labor this morning at 9 a.m. She is a maiden mare, and had very little bag. Part of the placenta presented first, and it was also a bad dystocia. The foal was completely backwards. The vet had to be called again, he had a tough time with the delivery and ended up delivering the entire placenta first. The filly was so tiny that even pulling her back feet first was not that hard to do. She didn't even have hair :-( I'm sorry this is so graphic everyone, I'm still in shock. In all the years and over a hundred foals I've assisted in being born, never have I ever seen so many complications and such a high mortality rate.

Luckily, Midnight seems to be doing well so far. We will keep a close eye on her, keep her on antibiotics and banamine and pray for healing.

We are now 2 live and 3 that were not. I sure hope our last two mares will be ok, one is due in a few weeks and all I can do is pray really, really hard.

Your two healthy, live fillies are just too cute.

So sorry about the angel foals. Its so hard on all of us.

I'm so very sorry - sending my heartfelt sympathies and ((((HUGS)))).

Hope Midnight has a speedy recovery, bless her.

I am so sorry and send hugs. Hope Midnight has a full recovery. Many of us on here know what you are going through and why they say breeding minis is not for the faint of heart.

Congratulations on your beautiful little fillies!! I am so very sorry to hear of your loss, you poor thing.

Hope midnight recovers soon. Hugs and prayers going out to you and your family.

Latest posts

Back