Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations on your healthy fillies. I am so sorry for your loss. I don't know if I could bear that happening to me. Lots of hugs.

Thank you all so much for the support. I know you've all been through this before. We are very happy to have our two little fillies, and they're strong, healthy and beautiful. I see how strong you all are and have so much admiration. Most of you have been doing this for years and are very wise. We are going to stay on track and work toward our last two mares-Lady and Trixie. Lady is developing a nice udder, and has a nice "V" as well. She's also had a healthy foal before so we are looking forward to another healthy and pretty baby on the ground!
default_pray.gif

I'm so sorry for your loss and hope Midnight is doing well

It is so hard when you lose a foal but if your mares ok that's the important part now.

hope your babies on the ground help you smile again once the nerves pass and your next to foalings are textbook

So we need a few more pictures of the gorgeous babies, then some of the upcoming mommas!!!!

Can't wait!

Good morning all! I thought I might post a link to a youtube video of Onyx and little Velvet. This video is long (15 minutes) and it's of Velvet trying to sort out her legs and make them work lol. I will get new pics of the two new girls up too, and then later pics of the two pregnant mares still due. One is the mare in my avatar, that's Trixie. More pics coming!

Here's Velvet:

Still watching the video~!

Isn't it funny how some mare's "flight response" is so strong, and they want that baby up on it's feet? They know this down time makes baby vulnerable -- and she's doing everything in her power to get this little beauty up and safe!

Your fillies are beautiful! Love that snip on the 'smokey black?' filly! And the little buckskin is adorable too! Congrats, and best wishes for safe foaling for your other two mares!

So sorry about your loss. Yes, most of us have been through it before. But it hurts just as badly each time. HUGS!

Sorry about the lengthy video haha. My friend's son wanted to play with movie maker so I had nothing to do with it. The next videos will be, um, shorter.

Next on our list is Absolute Golds Rebels Lady in Love. She is a palomino daughter of Lucky Fours Rebels Reflection, a granddaughter of Sid's Rebel on her sire's side...her dam's sire is Del Teras Snowman. She is 32 inches tall, and a proven broodmare. This sweet mare is coming along nicely. I can't help but wonder though, with her due date being May 15 (the ONLY one I know for sure as she was exposed for one week starting June 15 and kept very carefully away from the stallion...it seems she's not as large as our other mares have been and she's one of the smallest we have. I feel fetal movement and yesterday the foal was really kicking. Her udder is coming along, and I can only get a tiny amount of milk out of her.

Then we have Rimrock Ranch's Tigers Tiny Treasure. She's 31 inches tall and a silver black tobiano mare. She is also a proven broodmare and has had several foals. She is heavily Komoko bred and her sire goes to X Caliber and J JS Little Macho. We don't know her due date, as we bought her last fall, and she was supposed to be due in November. When I palpated her in January after seeing her not coming along, I was able to discern that she was pregnant but the foal was still most likely earlier in her 2nd trimester. She looks to be in her final trimester but a due date is completely unknown. The sire of this foal is also unknown, but it's either a cremello or a 27 inch tobiano. We shall see.

I will post pics in a little while and would love opinions!

Whew! I finally got it together enough to get some pics of Lady up for all to see. They were taken yesterday. Luckily our weather has been nice, but this Thursday it's supposed to be cold and snowing-so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the time she picks to have her baby lol. I'm not even sure anymore how I'm still conscious... :thud:Something interesting about Lady, she's registered palomino but her dam is a buckskin and her sire is registered as a grey. But a lot of the sires other foals are silver black, silver bay and a few silver buckskins. Also, her dam has had multiple foals, and two that I found were buckskins, one full sister was a silver bay, and another full sister was black. So....is it possible she is some other color? She's shedding out much darker, especially on her legs, and has a lot of silver in her tail. Hard to tell in these pics. She's also just 31 inches tall. I would love to hear opinions on this!!! Here she is!

DSCF5320.JPGDSCF5319.JPG

And a pic of little Lacey, our spitfire....

DSCF5324.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The sire is probably a silver black (silver dapple), many are registered as grey.

Its still quite possible that your mare is palomino, I don't see the silvery-cast you typically see with silver blacks or even silver buckskins, but the only way to be positive is to test.

Hello all! No changes in Lady or Trixie right now, but I wanted to see a MUCH shorter video involving our little bucksin filly when she was only minutes old.

I promise, it's short, lol.

OMG how cute it that!!!! We'll take many more videos!!!

So, are you saying she's getting the dark stockings? If so, she could be a silver bay (I had a very light one once that tested bay) or silver buckskin -- but I don't see the dark in the pictures.

Last edited:
Lady came to us last year and she never shed her bleached out palomino coat. She came from Texas. She had this rough, wiry hair all over. This year she is shedding out like crazy and is so much darker on her legs than her neck, face and topline. It's hard to tell in the pics but I will try to get more. Could be my horse color obsession is causing me to see things that aren't there!
default_ohnoes.jpg

Well we have been waiting a very long time for Trixie, our last mare of the year. She has finally shown some good changes. Bag is full, only one drop of clear milk tonight, from none though so pretty promising. Her belly has dropped into position or most of the way there, because from behind I can barely see it. Belly is even, no lopsidedness. Tail head is slightly softer, loose poops, lack of appetite and of course, the mucous plug. It's on her vulva, in her tail, so pretty lol. She seems relaxed but some tail holding so we shall see!

Latest posts

Back