Anna's Girls - Updated news.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talk about looking at a wonderful picture of content horses enjoying life!!! Just wonderful Anna!

Beautiful Anna..what a great life for your ponies. If I ever have to give up my ponies Im going to open the gate, scream and shout and give them directions to your fields...they'd love it!!

Anna I always look forward to new photos from you! I could sit in those fields all day with those beautiful fluff balls. Just love them!

Thank you all for your kind words! Now a few scenic pics. As many of you know our big 25 acre area is made up of several different 'fields' with flat spaces, hilly bits, tree lines dividing up the spaces to give shelter against the wind and weather. Also included is some 4 or 5 acres of steep wooded hill side which drops down to a sheltered grassy 'basin' at the bottom - we call this the 'dell' and the minis make their own paths criss crossing the slopes to let them make their way to the bottom. At this time of year there are some special natural changes that take place amongst the trees on the slope .....................Nov. 015.jpgNov. 017.jpgNov. 019.jpgMarch 13 033.jpgMarch 13 036.jpg

Next post for the changes!

Oh wow, what a wonderful transformation
default_smile.png
Is that Mrs Nest I spy with all 4 paws off the ground? Lol

LOL!! Yes Renee - she was chasing after M who had just passed out of the picture - my phone doesn't work too well with moving subjects!!

Simply gorgeous! Flowers and those hills make my mouth water!! I so miss the rolling hills and mountains in my home state of New York. Florida is so darn FLAT!

You given me good food for beautiful dreams tonight!

Gorgeous photos Anna. If I was a horse I think I'd want to be in your herd, they look so content!

I love the little Ferret he is just adorable!!! I'm also quite partial to this little guy/girl? March%2013%20024.jpg

Feel free to send them both to me
default_smile.png
hehe I just love your herd Anna they are all gorgeous

You have so many beautiful spots to have little picnics w/the ponies on your property...I so miss the change of seasons living here...always just flat and sort of boring!! Love the violet colors

Anna, your babies are GORGEOUS! Do you clip, or do they shed naturally? I'm not familiar with the weather patterns in Wales, but I can see that they outfit themselves appropriately for inclement weather. Thank you so much for posting your pictures.

What kind of flowers covered the hills? They're beautiful.

awww love ALL the pics Anna! thanks for sharing, I just love seeing your herd and your beautiful fields!

they look amazing!

Renee I hope your precious Bicky is ok I see your thread is up on the front page so I'll go check that out for an update
default_smile.png

thanks again for sharing Anna! hope you are well
default_smile.png

Thank you again for your kind comments. Evelyn, yes they do all shed out (when the warm weather eventually arrives LOL!!) although I do pull gently at some and have the odd comb through with the dog's special coat 'scraper' to help others, plus I usually get to work with the scissors on the weanlings/yearlings to help them out of their 'first' winter coats - we dont do clipping here except on anthing heading for a show.

Yes, I think my girls are happy with their lives, they do enjoy living as a large herd and having the space to race around if they feel like it, and they often do, much to our delight, when they are not stuffing their faces LOL!! They are funny, cheeky and loving, they also have their arguements and their pecking order just as a natural herd would do, but they do have a large variety of terrain avaliable to them, which not only helps to keep the fit and healthy, but also gives them the space to get away from each other if they wish. It has been interesting to note that the older mares are often found to be 'surrounded' by their daughters and grand daughters, and if we do separate these 'families' for any reason, then once put back together again there is lots of meetings and greetings as they 'find' each other again bless them.

But all that said, life is not actually that easy for them. They are expected to live out in all weathers - yes they have loads of natural shelter, plus we do give hay during the snow or after several days of freezing rain with strong winds (just to give them a warm up), but they are not groomed, bathed, or lovingly cared for as so many of your lucky horses are. They are wormed and foot trimmed out in their fields - mostly without having to bother with headcollars, and I do trim the bottom of over-long tails, in fact the only ones who get a 'tidy up' are any of the mares when they come in at night before foaling (apart from those going to a show or the babies who get a few weeks of 'fiddling' sometime after weaning time)

So basically all the animals living here are scruffy, dirty, hairy, and often moth eaten looking ............................ until the summer actually comes, when they change to sleek, shiney and sassy looking! LOL!!

Always love seeing photos of your place and your little mob! Fantastic as always :D

Anna, I LOVE your horses and your fields. They are lucky horses indeed.

Just lovely as always! Any odd picture of Anselmo or Spot Bum? You know how I love the boys!

As I am having a "being awake in the middle of the night" stint, I decided to post some updated pics. Having said goodbye to all the bluebells in our woodland areas, we are now in buttercup season. Our fields are covered in them, but luckly there is also enough grass growing so the ponies leave them alone! Took the usual walk across our far fields to check on the herd - not a soul in sight!!

June13 061.jpgJune13 063.jpg

Ah ha - I spot some bodies!!

June13 064.jpgJune13 066.jpg

A couple more making their way up out of the woods at my calls, and eventually a stream of them appear.

June13 067.jpgJune13 069.jpg

More next post!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back