Anna's Girls - Updated news.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gorgeous pictures of the Welsh countryside and your cutie ponies Anna..stay safe n warm
default_thumbup.gif

Love all of the pictures Anna! they all look so beautiful and FLUFFY!!! lol so much fun to snuggle!

so glad everything is going well for you!

have you got any babies due this year?

Thanks for the Valentine greeting Diane - also a special day for me as my precious Doodle dog M is a Valentine baby so celebrated her 9th Birthday as well.

August10 082.jpgM.JPG

Hi Cassie - welcome back! Cant wait for you to post all your updated news, plus I want to see loads of pics of your fabulous furkids!

After what proved to be the wettest year on record in the Uk last year, the rain has continued to pour down on us for most of this winter too - so much flooding everywhere, and although we are 'safe' here up our mountain, we do have quite a few 'boggy' areas, especially where we have been putting out big round bales of hay to supplement our grass - which seems to have disappeared/been eaten off since it has stopped growing for the winter!

We are also in the middle of weaning foals (mares foaled late last year) and it is proving quite difficult since we have 'lost' our buildings to the ongoing conversions. We are having to wean by using different fields - lots of calling between Mommas and babies - actually our foals/mares are all taking it in their stride, but this year we have several mares and foals belonging to other people and these are the ones causing the problems! But things are beginning to settle down so we have been able to get a few nights full sleep recently - we were rushing out several times in the small hours to check when there was lots of calling going on, just to make sure everyone was safe and there were no 'escapees'!!

We didn't breed for this year Cassie as we knew we were going to be busy with the barn conversions, plus we need to get some of our youngsters re-homed before we increase in numbers again in the future.

Will try to get some more pics of everyone in the next few days, if the weather clears as is forecast.

happybirthday1.gif
M I hope you had a great day and that mummy gave you a big slice of
2957528843_76cb75ae9e_o.gif

Anna what a nightmare all this rain, it must make things difficult with the building work. How is life at the moment? are you taking it all in your stride or is it stressing? Just remember

" What doesn't kill me today will make me stronger tomorrow"

This what I have been repeating since last year and I guess I am still here
default_wink.png

Very pretty place and so many cute fuzzy ponies !
default_smile.png
Ah and can't forget M Happy Birthday !

M says to thank you all for your good wishes, but would like to make a very important statement .......... the HE should have an S in front of it and wishes you all to know that her adoring Momma thinks that SHE is far too pretty to be a male version of the canine species!! LOL!!

LOL!! At the moment of birth (checked too!) I reported a liver chestnut colt which turned out to be a very pale chestnut filly!! Cathy now checks all my checks - if you see what I mean.
default_whistling.gif

Sorry Renee! I have been here reading posts and also watching cams when I can, just not posting much. Things just seem to be taking up a lot of my time lately and, as always, I get more and more tired as the winter passes - it's an age thing I guess, oh how I wish I could subtract 15 - 20 years off my age. LOL!!

The building work (conversions) still hasn't restarted - since Xmas we seem to have gone from pouring rain, through snow, back to pouring rain and now to everything being frozen solid with a wind chill that is making time outside feel pretty unbearable!! Not really suitable weather for builders to be doing outside work to a pair of barns!

We have managed to wean most of the foals without having any buildings to use and today we are weaning the last two. These are the pinto Shiv and our little Ferret, both are extremely attached to their dams (as are the dams to them). We bought a new big round bale of hay into the field, plus we fetched 3 other mares from the 'fatties' field and added them to the field with the hay just to 'confuse' things a bit. We then caught Vee and snuck her out of the field while a second person kept Ferret 'occupied' round the far side of the big hay bale. Once she was safely out of sight in the garden, we went back for Prue and then took the pair of them away over to the small field we have been using for the weaned mares. We added a load of hay for them plus two of their friends from the fatties field, hopefully to help them settle. Very soon Ferret realised Momma wasn't there anymore and set off into the 3 neighbouring fields to search for her. He was joined by Shiv and they raced around for a bit shouting their heads off, but soon returned to the hay bale and the company of the mares and other foals. Since then there have been a few neighing sessions and a few answering ones from the two mares, but this is to be expected, just as long as no-one thinks about trying to climb the fences - always a danger when weaning this way - I shall be happy. Keeping my fingers crossed that they will all be in the correct fields in the morning, then I will breathe a sigh of relief!!

But thank you for thinking of me Renee, I'm fine, just taking things as carefully as I can to get through the last two months of winter weather!
default_yes.gif

Thank you for letting me know you are o.k
default_cheekkiss.gif
I am glad the weaning has gone smoothly and I will be thinking of them all tonight. I hope the weather brightens up for you soon, I am considering moving back there so no more stories of rain please
default_biggrin.png
Feel free to go quiet on us whenever you want but just a quick wave will stop me panicking
default_saludando.gif
default_smokesmile.gif
default_smokesmile.gif

Hang in there my friend cos spring will be here soon.

hugs from snowy Italy

Hi Renee! Glad to report that the last two weanings went very easily, thank goodness! So all quiet once again on the Welsh front - for a while LOL!! No sign of our builders yet as we are still freezing our butts off in this sub zero weather - how is it with you now?

Oh and good luck with the new job - anything exciting?

I hope you don't mind me making myself at home Anna, I wanted to share this wonderful video.

Awww how absolutely fabulous Renee - so very emotional too. Thank you so much for posting it.
default_thumbup.gif

XXXX

Latest posts

Back