Anna's Girls - Updated news.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhhh what a cutie, he is just so tiny he makes you want to hug him :0)

I love your pond with all the plants around it, do you have any fish or frogs?

Boy, look at that for size difference!! Hes such a little squirt. Do I see medicine hat?....sure looks like i have to go back and read a few threads!! guess thats what I get for cutting class and skipping the auntie school as much as I have been lately. now i have to go back and check the assignments again!!

Anna, how the heck do you find the time!!! your little wadding pond is wonderful....Hammish did a great job.His and Hers little pools!! But what ...no diving board!! Do you grow any fresh herbs in your little pots....then go right out the back door to pick fresh ones!!! In my case I would want a chocolate chip plant but i dont think they have those sorts of things!! Turtles, frogs and fish would be wonderful!!

haha Heidi
default_smile.png
so good to have you back around lol a choc chip plant
default_new_rofl.gif
definitley in on that one
default_smile.png

Anna that pond looks so fantastic well done to you and Hamish!

Ferret and Foxy look so gorgeous
default_thumbup.gif
I love the size difference hehe soo cute!

how are your other girls looking Anna? any changes?

Coccy chip LOL!! Now that's a plant that I would like to grow too Heidi!!
default_thumbup.gif

Cassie, we have more or less given up on the other girls being in foal - just dont think it is possible that they will suddenly progress to producing a bag and a foal, but they are still under scrutiny for the next couple of weeks anyway.

Glad you all liked our little pond. It was a sudden thought on my part and Hamish and I had to spend many hours trying to find a lump of plastic for the liner (without holes!), in fact we had already placed and filled the chosen piece only to find that we had missed some tiny pinprick holes as the water level slowly fell and we had to pull it out and start all over again!! In fact there is still a small hole somewhere as it still loses water in one half of it, but remains half full - not a problem during all the wet weather we have had since we built it - the rain kept it well filled up! But in this last week of hot sunshine we are back down to half on one side! No frogs or fish Renee as it is only about 5-6 inches deep - the frogs are all over in our big proper pond by the buildings.

Gardening is my 'sanity' but not had much time for it over the past 5 years. When we moved here it took several horse box journeys to get all my 'pot's' moved from Sussex to Wales (250 different pots - including trees!!) and I have managed to keep most of them going since being here. Right now I'm slowly working my way through them getting them, at last, sorted and re-potted. Once we get the stone barns here converted into dwellings and I decide where I'm actually going to live (a barn or the house) in the future, then I may well create a new garden and get most of them planted out!
default_yes.gif

Yesterday morning I had a little change round of the pots under one of the house's front windows - moved the 'winter' pots and replaced them with some summer ones - they will all look better/more colourful once they get to full flowering mode, but here are a few pics - including one of Mrs Nest (saying "do I HAVE to sit here for a silly picture") LOL!!

July 12 044.jpg

July 12 045.jpg

July 12 047.jpg

July 12 048.jpg

What beautiful colours Anna, they contrast so well against the old stone house.
default_saludando.gif
Mrs Nest

I think I need to kidnap you Anna and get you to help my mother save my gardens
default_whistling.gif
:whistling My idea of gardening is turning the horses out on it
default_new_rofl.gif

LOL!! Bree. My family say I should do the same thing about our front lawn - years ago the owners here planted the whole lawn with daffodils, which look absolutely FAB when they are flowering. BUT you then have to leave them for at least 6 weeks to let them die down naturally, which means that by that time our lawn has become a hay field!! It takes many 'groaning' family members to hack it down and reduce it to a normal mown lawn again, but I dont like to let the chips out on to it as I dont think that daffodil leaves are good for horses??

Will have to find you some pics, because this year we have only cut down half of it - I call the remainder my 'wild' garden! LOL!!

Anna, I just love your house...I love old stone houses...so charming and full of personality. Renee, you have a stone or brick house too dont you? Florida has alot of ugly, no personality, stucco homes and I hate them!! Ours is small but it is wood(cypress) so its not as bad IMO. Not too many wood homes in Fl. b/c of termites. I love the way you garden in pots, its lovely. I have no talent in that department. Cant wait to see your daffodils from your neighbors.....I love daffodils.

Well Im sorry your other girls may have fooled us.....sure would have been fun to see some more foals but you never know...surprises are fun!!

On another note Popcorn may not have taken last month either.......last night at dinner she seemed alittle too interrested in Nick...no winking and blinking...but that ..."hey big guy...what are you doing later on this week" sort of look. Will keep checking her this week and if she does come back in I will have time to try again but it will actually be better b/c then I will get her cultured first which is what I wanted to do anyway but wasnt able too. Cross fingers!!

Good morning Diane!!!!

thanks for the lovely pics Anna
default_smile.png
your house and garden is lovely
default_smile.png
my mum is a very keen gardener but doesn't have much time to get into the garden, her beautiful Magnolia tree has just come out in flower though I'll have to take some pics for you all so you can see it
default_smile.png
its the best its ever been and we love it
default_smile.png

sorry to hear that the rest of your girls may not be in foal
default_sad.png
can we see some new piccies of your babies pretty please? :D

Opening ceremony of the olympics today! WOOHOO!! lol

LOL!! Bree. My family say I should do the same thing about our front lawn - years ago the owners here planted the whole lawn with daffodils, which look absolutely FAB when they are flowering. BUT you then have to leave them for at least 6 weeks to let them die down naturally, which means that by that time our lawn has become a hay field!! It takes many 'groaning' family members to hack it down and reduce it to a normal mown lawn again, but I dont like to let the chips out on to it as I dont think that daffodil leaves are good for horses??

Will have to find you some pics, because this year we have only cut down half of it - I call the remainder my 'wild' garden! LOL!!
That does sound lovely but yes too much work!!
default_new_rofl.gif
Would love more garden pics and of the lawn. Might get inspired... inspired to get other people to do the work!
default_new_rofl.gif

We had a lot of lawn here, I'm turning one whole stretch of it into an orchard because I hate mowing it, even with the ride on!

I think it's the bulbs of daffodil that might not be good? Either way I'm like you and don't want to risk it. One of our gardens has oleander in it and when said garden gets rescued this spring it'll be ripped out. I don't care how pretty it is I really don't like having it on a horse property.

Well I think we have given up on the idea that there will be more foals for us this year, so guess I will keep this thread going a little longer for pics and general chat, if that is ok?

Cassie I would love to see your Mum's special Magnolia tree if you can post a pic of it please!

Bree here's some pics of the lawn for you - daffs, then half mown as it is right now, plus one after a little Welsh winter snow!! LOL!!

More pics on next post!

March 11 004.JPG

dafs%20ducks.JPG

July 12 055.jpg

view%20house.JPG

As I said, all my garden plants are in pots - some have been moving homes with me for some 15 years, most of them still in the same pots! LOL!!

First the bigger ones, plus some of the smaller pots now waiting to be repotted!

Got to go feed the dogs, so a small break before the next post, which will be animals!!

July 12 050.jpg

July 12 054.jpg

July 12 049.jpg

July 12 052.jpg

Ok, animals now! Callie, the cat who always insists on helping me when I'm trying to do the garden! Her nose is almost inside any pots I'm using for repotting and she is usually to be found rolling in and playing with any long grass or weeds that I'm trying to pull up - good job I dont use shears!! Here she is just sitting in a pot just watching formy next move!

Then there is one of Mrs Nest looking very pleased that she has stolen M's special old sock 'toy', and M not looking that pleased about it!!

Plus there are a couple of pics of the other two tykes that belong to the family (the two that live with DD and Kym and came up for a visit a couple of weeks back) These were taken on a visit at the end of last summer - after which M and I travelled back to Somerset to spend a few days with them. So we have Mrs Nest, Charlie and their daughterTids, (and no, they never 'bothered' the ducks!! LOL!!).

July 12 058.jpg

July 12 059.jpg

09-09-09_1720.JPG

09-09-09_1721.JPG

Now as you have all been so good looking patiently at all my pics, here is your reward!! Sorry cant give you a pic of Wizz - she's so un-photogenic at the moment, and naughty Foxy wont stay far enough away for you to get anything in a pic except for her nose (but I will try harder early next week when I go over next!). So you will just have to put up with a pic of Hamish and Ferret - well two of them actually, almost the same, but couldn't decide which one I liked the best!! (you can get an idea of how small Ferret is, by looking at the length of Hamish's arm almost fitting under Ferret's neck).

010.JPG

011.JPG

LOL!! Renee. Visitors are always welcome if they are willing to work for their keep!!

I'm moving in. Or moving your garden here. Hmmmm , which is easiest
default_new_rofl.gif

Latest posts

Back