Anna's Girls - Updated news.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Things have been a bit busy round here lately - future projects so lots of discussions! Also just had one of our boys returned here from Cathy's. He has been living out with Spotbum, but SB may well be covering a couple of mares over the next few weeks and we are not happy about leaving them together once there are mares around. They are both 5 years old and have been together all their lives - except for short times apart when SB has been used for covering - so poor Handbag is a little confused right now and missing his friend. Considering he has done very little in his short life he is such a good boy and so easy to manage bless him! He is now living in a stable next to his Daddy (my little Mootie - Colonel Mustard), who is not too sure about having his son as a companion!! They are both out during the day - separate paddocks of course, as Mootie is not a stallion who would share with someone else, no matter what time of year! I do have the 5 other colts with me at the moment, all living out, and as they were originally friends with Handbag I'm hoping that eventually, with careful handling, he may be able to join them, but we shall see as I dont want to mess up their sometimes rather fragile relationship!! (they are aged between 1 and 4 years of age)

Anyway, enough of my chattering LOL!! I popped over to Cathy's today and of course I grabbed a couple of quick snaps of the foals for you, just to keep you all happy!!

Hi Diane, great to have you back my friend!
default_yes.gif
I hope you had a fabulous week with the family - dont forget we want pictures!!

August 12 002.jpg

August 12 004.jpg

August 12 005.jpg

August 12 008.jpg

August 12 006.jpg

Apologies for all the docks in the field - once Euros finishes with the silage and haymaking, he may have time to top the field!!

WOW Anna your babies are looking GREAT!! what a lovely crop of foals you have this year! and I agree with Bree, your little pinto is stunning!!

Last edited by a moderator:
default_saludando.gif
default_cheekkiss.gif
Hi girls
default_biggrin.png
and welcome back Diane, I hope you had a wonderful time and got spoilt rotten
default_yes.gif

Diane I'm so glad you were able to spend that extra time with Katy! what a wonderful time you must be having
default_smile.png
we don't mind you being a sporadic poster today lol or yesterday LOL hope you have been having a fantastic time with her!! =D

oh thats sad that you won't be able to see them again till next year, I'm sure the kids will have grown SOO much between now and then!

how exciting that you will be able to babysit your little grand kiddies! :D lots of fun I'm sure!

Give Katy and family our love Diane and a big welcome to Juliette and little Jase - 2 months already!! Where did the time go??

Here are some moo pics for you that Cathy sent me today - but there seems to be an interloper in their midst???

cows1.jpg

cows2.jpg

cows3.jpg

cows4.jpg

cows5.jpg

More next post...........................

Another few from the day before - he just adores his special lady friends!! Excuse his plaited forelock - he had a bit of a runny eye and Cathy needed to keep his forelock away from his face.

cows6.jpg

cows7.jpg

cows8.jpg

NAW NAW NAW NAW NAW!!! lol

I love that soooo cute
default_smile.png
at first I didn't get what you were saying then I was like wait thats not a cow!! lol :D so very cute!!

Thanks for those pics Anna they were the best!

Thought you might like to see a couple of pics of my golden oldies. September 1st and they are already well into their winter woollies - plus lots of dirt. LOL!! They are happy scruffy retirees, stuffing themselves on all my long grass fields while the rest of the herd suffer the starvation acres!! So we have tiny Heidi (29" British measured) who is 24, Then old Petal (40" unregistered but British Shetland and my laminitic mare - on all that grass, I here you shout!! Dont ask, Petal has strange needs, best known only to herself!!) She's a mere 23. Lastly there is Bess (37" British Shetland registered as Black Bess of Croust - but is a flea bitten grey!) She's 28 this year.(one of the pics of Bess has a set of legs hiding behind her - no, she doesn't have a foal at foot! They belong to 2 year old Hazel who for some reason insists on living with her Aunties instead of with the rest of the herd - and who am I to argue?)

Sometime in the next week Cathy will be bringing back here the 4 girls who didn't produce foals this year - my precious Nutty is coming home! Yey!! And she will be taking away the group of colts that i have had here for the summer. Yey again!! LOL!! Nutty will join her golden oldie friends and the other younger mares will go back with the herd. We are not breeding this year. Over the next month the Oldies get their pre-winter tidy up, quick brush over, manes detangled and picked out, and tails trimmed and washed. Believe or not they object to this clean up process - keeps them away from scoffing the grass for an hour. LOL!! But I love them just the same.
default_yes.gif
default_hypocrite.gif
(better just add that here is only one picture of Petal (pic 3) and 2 each of the others - they do look a bit the same!)

August 12 001.jpg

August 12 002.jpg

August 12 004.jpg

August 12 006.jpg

August 12 008.jpg

Oh my the little man with all the cows is adorable! Best photos ever! Anna your girls are so pretty! Love them
default_smile.png

Thank you my friends - my oldies are so very precious to me! Cassie, I haven't been over to Cathy's for a while (she's been coming over here as we have been working on 'business' things. Will try to get over for some foal pics for you very soon. In a few weeks they will also be returning here so lots of updated pics then - but will see if Cathy has anything on her computer when she comes over today.)

Thank you Diane! She really is a poppet most of the time, but can get a bit self willed and opinionated when she feels like it - over the years we have had many good laughs at the unsuspecting person trying to lead her somewhere that she has no intention of going. LOL!!

I have had her since the Spring of her 4th year and she has given us many highly coloured foals! Actually, although she was white when I got her, I found to my amazement that she was actually coloured - after a fall of rain in the summer months when she has her full summer coat, she is actually pale 'pink' roan either 'end' and white in the middle!! Can still see the colour now even after all these years so nothing is 'fading' as she ages and must be her original colouring - I would have thought that the pale roan colour would have faded out as she aged, but then I no nothing about colours anyway!

Cassie her foals were some time ago and therefore no pics on my current laptop. However if you go to my website www.ancasterstud.co.uk and click on foals then choose "Past" the past page will give you, amongst others, one of old Bess', one of old Nutty's and 3 of Petals. Also go to "on the farm" then "Wales" and scroll madly down to the snow pics, the last snow pic is of Petal's last foal - loads of colour in them all!!

I'm most excited today as, hopefully if no change of plan, my precious Nutty will be returning home - together with 2 of her daughters and 1 g/daughter. They never did produce babies this year and we have decided not to breed for next year - hopefully to have more time to do some showing. Cathy will then take back the 6 young boys with her to free up a couple of my fields again - so life here will get back to normal with just me, all my girls and my special boy Mootie - who will be busy keeping his eyes hopefully on some 35 females. LOL!! (Incidently if you do visit the "Past Foals" you will also find a just weaned Mootie - Colonel Mustard - on there, never would have guessed that such an odd furry bundle could have turned into my handsome little man!)

Latest posts

Back