Anna's Girls - Updated news.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it looks like someone popped open the box of Pringles!! and here they come!! Shes beautiful Anna,I love her coloring!! I hope you have already made your trip to town for your monthly groceries because it looks like you are about to become a very busy lady!! how many more do you have....20.... 50? LOL

Congratulations!!!

LOL!! Heidi, no, we only have 1 certain, 2 probables and 2 'anyone's guess'!! And it also looks as though the rest of them will go correctly to their expected dates in July, so at least Cathy will get a chance to get plenty of sleep before the next possibility - she is the carer for Euros' elderly Mother during the daytime, so finds sitting up all night as well a bit of a strain!

I popped over to view the new filly today and was very pleased with her, nice slim correct little body and long straight legs. Prue was exactly on 320 days from the first day of her covering, so within normal foaling times I suppose, although she has always gone a good 300+ days with all her past foals. She is very proud of her baby and being a good Mum - as long as it realises that is is not allowed to suckle while she's actually eating her food. LOL!! Normal for Prue and her babies soon learn and have their own bowls as soon as they are ready.

Little Coco now has a new name - not Coco any longer (doesn't seem to suit her!), she is now officially Wizz as she never stops wizzing around. LOL!! Narcotics, for some reason, has never been that keen on her filly foals. Oh she will feed them beautifully and protect them from all commers, but she just seems to be more loving to her colts. Cant blame her with Wizz, who is flying round her stable, bucking and kicking all the time so poor Narcotics has to keep moving to avoid those little flying hooves. LOL!! Wizz does have a good long sleep after her sessions outside, and Narcotics gets tucked into her hay while the going is good!! Wizz is also very friendly and not frightened of anything (remind you of Merlin Renee??) Poor Cathy gets attacked and climbed on everytime she's in the stable cleaning up!

Note for Diane - there are quite a few white hairs scattered through Wizz' coat, only to be seen when you part the hair, but they are there!!

Love "The Wizz" Poor Narcotics....soon she'll be out running away from her in those big fields of yours.

If your going to get attacked let it be by a foal or filly......sorry cathy LOL

Wizz
default_new_rofl.gif
I just love it
default_thumbup.gif
and yes Anna she sounds just like my pest Merlin.
default_yes.gif
The first few days he would run away from Izzy but now Izzy run's from him
default_new_rofl.gif

Congrats again Anna, she is beautifully marked.
default_smile.png

My internet has been down..I come back and theres babys
default_yes.gif
congratulations beautiful girl

How are the girls doing Anna? Did you get to spend much time at Cathy's today?

Not been over there today Renee - getting outside jobs done here with Hamish' help. But I might just as well have been there as Cathy has been on the phone 5 times during the day, either asking questions or giving me a minute by minute report of each foal's movement. LOL!!

Last night she settled in the lorry for a full night's sleep, only to get woken two hours later by Euros who wanted her to come back indoors to listen out for his Mother (in case she got out of bed) as he and his brother needed to go and get the 3 young cows back from the house field and into the barn as one looked as though it was going to calve. So in come the cows and the men calve the cow who was indeed about to produce. They go back to the house and Cathy came back out to find all the mares in a high state of excitment at having their night disrupted by new cows in the shed! Prue in particular is what I would call a nervy mare - anything makes her jump, snort etc, but just for a moment, then she's back to calm again. Her poor foal is always leaping to its feet everytime Prue has a 'turn' thinking that something is wrong with its Momma, or finding the teats snatched out of its mouth as Prue snorts while it's drinking. But by this evening the little filly has decided to use its heels to give Momma a good kick if the milk bar moves when it is not supposed to!! LOL!! Cathy eventually snatched another couple of hours sleep from around 4am.

Later today one of the other young cows calved as well so more excitement in the shed!! This afternoon the rest of the mares had a mad stint for some reason, flying round and round the field and zooming in and out of the run in area in the shed. More excitement for poor Prue - she really hasn't had a very restful day!! Anyway this morning was rain free so the two mares and foal got a few hours outside. First time for Prue and baby so Cathy stood with them for a while with Prue on a lead as she has been known to go racing off even after only one day inside. But all was well and she grazed happily, so was let go, but Cathy did leave a headcollar on her just this once as Prue can be very protective and Cathy was worried about not being able to catch her after a short while outside if the rain suddenly came down. But it wasn't needed, as when it was time to come back in Prue brought herself and her baby down when cathy called.

Couple of pic from today. (please note the perfect V that Narcotics now has LOL!!)

002.JPG

005.JPG

017.JPG

014.JPG

OK my friends, Cathy has sent me this picture and suggested you vote on who is pregnant and who isn't!

They should have between 3 and 5 weeks to go before they foal if they reach their correct dates. I know that it is a bit of a 'hopeless' picture so you will have to just make guesses. Just a bit of fun!

Picture shows from left to right...............

Lady. Vee. Nell. Nutty. Neyla. (Vee doesn't count as we know she's pregnant!) But all the others have 'milk veins' (but they are fat) and all have a very small possible udder, but then they have all foaled before!

So have a guess - yes or no and in what order (just to make it more fun!)

019.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Pru's baby girl is surely beautiful.....I'd be protective of her, too, if I was her mommy.

Congratulations on her.

But I know what you mean as our Zoe has a tendency to be a bit jumpy....she was what

we call an untouched by human hands girl at 3 when we got here. She's calmed down

a lot over many things. Luckily she didn't pass that temperament on to her babies.

Hmm, interesting belly on Narcotics
default_wacko.png
Does she think she liked this baby so much she'd

just give you another..LOL...she sure looks to be in foal NOW! Better late than never giving

signs I guess.

My guesses on the other girls.......Bay in the very front, yes. First pinto, no. 2nd pinto, yes.

2nd bay, maybe not. Last pinto, ?yes?

I'm with the above guesses too.

And congrats on another lovely filly!!

Such pretty horses and pictures Anna

Boy, i cant believe my guesses would have been the name as the rest of you.....Im learning!!

Text book V on Narcotic for sure!!

P.S. Anna, on the first photo....are those just big thick plant hedges or is that some sort of maybe corn stalks growing....the last picture looks more like a tall corn field perhaps to the right but no matter what it is .....your countryside is to die for...just breath taking!!

Thanks for the great pics Anna, I am so glad the weather held so they could go out for some fresh air and grass.
default_thumbup.gif
How is the weather there today? it said on the news this morning that the North has lots of rain, I hope your weather is o.k. Stay safe!

I will join in the fun but I am useless at guessing dates
default_thud.gif

Lady yes

Nell yes

Nutty no

Neyla yes

with Nell being the first to go.
default_smile.png

LOL!! Ladies, thank you for your thoughts/guesses. A bit unfair of me really.
default_yes.gif

So far we are sure Vee (first bay) IS in foal. The rest we are not sure about. Lady (first pinto) actually seems to have started a bag yesterday and has lost a bit of weight over the past week so??? Nell (second pinto) is the one we are pretty sure is NOT in foal (sorry Renee!) Nutty is a no, unless she is hiding a miracle, and we would love a miracle! Last pinto (Neyla) is a 'your guess is as good as mine' - every day we change out minds. LOL!! It really is a 'time will tell' situation.
default_yes.gif

Heidi, they are just huge wide hedges. The Welsh farmers cut all their field hedges every year to about 5 feet in height, so that over time they 'expand' to around 3 or 4 feet wide, so they form great wind breaks. Here on our place we let things grow up because although we like wind breaks we also love having the tree branches grow up to overhang into the fields to give us nice shelter 'tunnels' down the sides of the fields.

Am hoping that the warm dry weather forecast for today and tomorrow actually arrives so that Cathy can let the two mares and their babies out for the morning, then pop them back inside for the afternoon as she needs to come over here so we can do a stint of foot trimming!

wow congrats Anna on a GORGEOUS PERFECT filly, I can't get over those face markings! never seen a blaze so perfect and cemetrical!! guess I missed to foalings on the weekend
default_sad.png
last day at the vets went well but was sad.

I agree with Renee lol but they are all lovely would be nice if they were all preggers!

good luck with the rest of the foaling Anna, hoping you get several more gorgeous new babies when the time is right!

Hi Anna,

how are your gorgeous girls going? and how are your two beautiful foals doing?

would love to see some more piccies when you at Cathy's next please?
default_smile.png

xo

Hi Cassie, sorry for the lack of pictures but I haven't been over to Cathy's for a few days - been busy doing outside jobs here while the weather allows! Will be going over in the next couple of days as Cathy says she needs me to 'view' the remaiing girls to see if I can see any of the 'changes' she is convinced that she is seeing. LOL!! So will take some pics then, but am also hoping Cathy will send me some of her updated ones today, so I can post them.

Over the past few days Cathy has been slowly letting the remaining preggers girls out with Narcotics and Prue and the babies and after a few ears being flattened and a threat or two to 'chomp you if you come near my baby' from the two Mommas, everybody has now settled down. Naughty Wizz is still wizzing about all over the place - miles away from her Momma - and zooms in and out of the other mares, who then get worried in case Narotics thinks that they are stealing her baby. LOL!! Luckily Narcotics is not at all bothered, in fact she is quite pleased that Wizz is 'off elsewhere' instead of bothering her!! Wizz did try to get up close and personal with her Grandma, Nutty, but Nutty was having none of it and backed into her, bumping her three times to send her away, which once she got the message,Wizz wizzed off to stop a short distance away and look back at Nutty with 'interest', obviously 'digesting' the message - Cathy said it was so funny to watch!

Prue's baby is not so adventurous, is much more obedient, and remains reasonably close to her Momma, so the two babies have yet to 'meet and greet', but it wont be long now. So far the other girls are at or around their 320 day mark. Little Vee has plenty of tummy but virtually no udder yet. Lady and now Neyla seem to have started a drop to their tummies and possibly small bags (large milk glands), so maybe we can hope they might be pregnant. No hope for Nell it seems, but you never know. Nutty however, according to Cathy, HAS changed shape and seems to have 'filled' her lower tummy, and it cant be the grass, as, with the help of the few cows and sheep (now moved on) the field is now pretty bare of the green stuff, plus she only gets her cup of balancer daily and hay in the 'run in' for the night time, just as she has done for the past 4 weeks, soooooooooooo just maybe.................................she has a baby hidden in there for us!
default_pray.gif

Anyway will post some more pics of everyone very soon.
default_yes.gif

thanks for the update Anna
default_smile.png
I can so imagine your funny little filly running around all over the place, or I should say whizzing around hehe cutee thing! oooh I hope Nutty is pregnant! would be so very exciting for you if she was!!

hope the weather stays nice for you
default_smile.png
how hot are your summers normally?

How are you today Anna? Any updates on the girls?

Sending hugs from afar
default_cheekkiss.gif

Latest posts

Back