Anna's Girls - Updated news.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diane, he is absolutely gorgeous. Grandchildren are such joys to have.

I bought pringles this evening for the show next month. Now if they only last before be popped.
default_new_rofl.gif

Any updates on the girls Anna?

Have just got the news from Cathy - Narcotics foaled 2am this morning - covering date 19th August - bred to Spotbum - produced a tiny very healthy, lively BAY FILLY - not a white hair in sight!! Baby drinking madly, shooting it's first poo out with no problem and kicking Momma when she bites her little botty as the suckling is going on!!

Sorry, but I'm a bit excited and a bit shaky as I'm so relieved, so will post all the details later! Baby is a bit down on back fetlocks and up on fronts, but this will soon get sorted once she is outside having a run about. Apart from being grumpy for the last 24 hours, Narcotics showed NO extra signs, no change in bag, no red inside vulva, vulva not elongated or puffy, and this baby is 3 days earlier than the one Narcotics lost last year??????????

Cathy is going to e-mail pics, but I will go over later this morning so that we can let her out for an hour or two in the sunshine - and to keep Narcotics happy - so will get pics then.

PHEW what a relief!!
default_yes.gif
default_thumbup.gif

Wow!!! I knew she was close!! Yippe for a lovely safe filly!! Wow she sure got down to business's quick!! Crazy girl!!

Can't wait for piccies! Yay Anna!!

Pics from Cathy via e-mail, will get some more later. 4 hours old.

Dont panic Diane - Narcotcs was born a bright bay - didn't produce any spots until she was two, so there is hope yet! LOL!!

Oh and the bowl of grass Nacotics is munching was only in with her while Cathy was watching - grass and a wet mushy feed is what we offer the girls after foaling.

ANCASTER COCAINE 023.JPG

ANCASTER COCAINE 022.JPG

ANCASTER COCAINE 016.JPG

ANCASTER COCAINE 026.JPG

Oh what a cutie pie and love her colour too. Well done to Narcotics and she has joined my ladies on the naughty step by foaling without warning LOL

Congrats Anna and Cathy on the safe arrival of your first gorgeous 2012 foal

So Narcotics opened the tube of pringles so let the popping begin
default_new_rofl.gif

Yippeeeeeee
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_birthday.gif
default_488.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_cheers.gif
can you tell I am sooooooooo happy for you and cathy.
default_smile.png

Oh Anna she's lovely...she looks so comfy! !Was Cathy right there? or was she an extra sneeky little girl and decided to wait till everyone was gone? I know her color will change but now shes looking like same color as Cam.

O.K. One Down!!!!! Congratulations

Anna you better put a bell on that little beauty or Narcotics will lose her in that stable
default_new_rofl.gif
well it's not really a stable it's a barn
default_new_rofl.gif
Good lord your girls are spoilt
default_thumbup.gif

Thanks my friends - she really is a cute little poppet! And I'm not ashamed to admit that, after a long phone converstaion with Cathy yesterday evening, I told her not to panic as it didn't sound as though Narcotics was likely to foal for a little while yet!! LOL!! Luckily Cathy still feels that it was her fault that Cotics' last year's foal didn't get out of the bag when born early in the field, so she kept up her close inspections. During the day she and Euros got our horse box into the middle of the barn and hooked up the electric so Cathy could use her computer while mare watching through the long nghts. And she then decided to actually shut Narcotics into her stable for the night where, up to now, she has had her door open so she can wander in for her hay or stand out in the middle corridor having a chat to Prue, Neyla and Lady (who are using the big cow pens on the opposite side of the corridor). Narcotics was not happy about having her door shut, so Cathy had to have words with her and told her in no uncertain terms that she was not going 'wandering'. She then shut up!!

After checking her over several times during the evening, looking for a puffy vulva with red colouring, Cathy phoned me again at 11pm and said 'no changes'! However she proceeded to get herself comfy in the horse box looking out over Narcotics stable instead of returning to her bed in the house. She dozed as she was not really expecting anything exciting to happen, but an hour later she woke and felt guilty about dozing instead of watching - Narcotics quietly munching her hay. So she fiddled about organising her 'bedding' along the seating in readiness for her normal 'sit up and watch out the window' position, plus getting her laptop in position. She glanced up an there was Narcotics lying down with a little foal gliding out of her rear end! LOL!!

Noted the 'last minute signs' in readiness for any future Narotics foalings - grumpy mare for 24 hours, tail a bit loose but no 'sinking' of tail head, tiny puffed area either side under tail where tail skin meets the skin at the top of the leg (either side of her anus, not her vulva), and that was it!!

Ok couple more pics from when I visited today while we had them out for an hour. Not good ones as using my phone as usual, but the sun was bright and I couldn't see what I was taking properly, also had to aim for distant shots because as soon as we got close, Narcotics had to come over to talk to us!! Hopefull Cathy will have a few better ones she can send me as she has a zoom camera! Oh andshe has already named the filly Ancaster Cocaine!!! Think I may have to object. LOL!! (but she could be called Coco?)

june 12 040.jpg

june 12 043.jpg

june 12 044.jpg

june 12 041.jpg

She is a gorgeous filly Anna and nice she got a bit of sunshine for her first day out.

You know Shimmer gave no signs at all. Her butt was firm with no softening, no puffy vagina, only 1/2 an udder and only for testing the milk I would have said she still had a couple of wks to go.

Slaney had zilch either and that is most unlike her. She just about emails me when she is ready LOL and I got no messages this yr LOL

Coco is gorgeous ROFL not sure about the name Cocaine though lol you will have the cops after us all if we chat about Narcotics and cocaine.
default_smile.png

Karina, perhaps a trend is being set for no foaling signs in this 'locality' this year, being that most of the USA seems to be suffering from the 'waiting and waiting' syndrome!! LOL!!

Oh and I meant to thank you for hanging on to that filly fairy for a few days before releasing her to pop across the Irish Sea to Wales!
default_thumbup.gif

No problem Anna - glad to be of assistance
default_biggrin.png

Oh and have you met the Filly Fairy. I think you would like her as she is a Pintaloosa. Actually Diane she is right up your alley too
default_new_rofl.gif

I got a few sneaky pics of her so thought I would share
default_new_rofl.gif

Introducing Alerta the Filly Fairy

FillyFairy2edit.jpg

Oh she is gorgeous - and perfect colouring for painting her filly foals.. Are those her green wings? They are HUGE - no wonder she manages to flit from place to place so quickly!!
default_firstprize.gif

LOL The girls love these and they were mad to get my one but I told them NO this was MY Filly Fairy
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

I can get them in Toymaster and Smyths toy store. We have still to get the Unicorn but I might buy a few more and see if we get lucky

Karina, your earlier remarks about Pringles might just have started something LOL!! Prue is now looking decidedly 'odd' according to Cathy this evening. She might just be getting baby into the final position or she might............................................????

She's a 'funny' mare to foal, well not funny, but we always feel that she could 'complicate' things - first foal was a red bag which we lost as we were too slow, never having seen a red bag before (lesson learnt!), then she had two normal births, but her last foal was born in the middle of the day in the field unexpectedly, had a leg back which Cathy managed to correct. Poor Cathy was hoping to get some sleep tonight, but now she's not taking her eyes off Prue!

So everyone, keep your fingers crossed and say a few prayers for Cathy - and Prue - please.

Latest posts

Back