Anna's Girls - Updated news.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First, bottom of old drive, plus pic showing why we have a protective crash barrier on our lane - saves us from sliding straight on in the snow or icy weather. LOL!!

October 098.jpgOctober 099.jpg

Next, going up old drive from the bottom, plus pic from the top of the slope showing where the new drive will join in from the right.

October 100.jpgOctober 101.jpg

Then old drive blocked off (got to be tidied up yet) and new drive carved out of the mountain side.

Nov. 001.jpgNov. 002.jpg

Next post - couple of cute pics!

Forgot to add that because our old drive exited so near to a corner of our narrow lane, officialdom demanded that we moved the drive entrance further up the road before they would allow us the permission to convert the old stone barns to residential dwellings. Once all the work on the barns is finished, we will be completely re-surfacing the whole of our long drive - not doing it yet just to have it all chewed up by large lorries delivering building supplies!

Anyway cute pics of lazy dog fast alseep on my bed - she cant use her own bed coz one of the naughty cats now insists that it is hers!! LOL!!

October 001.jpgOctober 002.jpg

That's all for now folks!

wow it all looks fantastic Anna
default_smile.png
what great work you have been doing
default_smile.png
it must be so exciting for you all! :D

love the pics of lazy dog and the naughty kitties hehe. sounds so typical of a cat and dog relationship hehe.

Everything looks great, Anna
default_smile.png
It looks like SO much work! Great job with everything!

Great pictures Anna..you have been busy!!..will be all worth it when its how you want it.. but im sure the mud is driving you crazy after all the rain we'v had!!..i guess the new drive looks like a river after a days rain lol

Sorry for the lack of updates folks. Building works stopped here for the long Xmas and New Year holiday (all builders in the UK seem to take two or three weeks off at this time!) At least it has given us a break from the noise and mayhem. LOL!!

Right now we are trying to work out how to wean last year's foals when we have no buildings available - at least none of the girls are pregnant for this year so it wont hurt them to keep their babies for a bit longer, and the foal's are all pretty independant now, spending lots of time playing together and not bothering about their Mommas. They have long since been back with the mare herd so are surrounded by cousins, aunties, full and half sisters - a great mixed bunch who are busy teaching them all some respect and good 'horsey' mannerss! LOL!!.

OK folks, while we are waiting for the latest mares to progress with their pregnancies (and sweet little Nana to kid), I thought you might like to view a collection of general pics from my Welsh mountain! This will take several posts so please be patient - I'll tell you when I finish!!

First some general pics of the 25 acres that my girls love to have the run of. If you peer closely at the last pic, you might see a small pale dot amongst the trees, centre distance - our nearest neighbour!

Nov. 003.jpgNov. 007.jpgNov. 009.jpgNov. 008.jpgNov. 012.jpgNov. 010.jpg

Part of this 25 acres is a steep tree lined bank area leading down from the fields above to a sheltered dell below. The minis form paths up and down and also along sideways - they never seem to slip inspite of often playing games and galloping the paths!! In the spring most of the 'dell', and all of the bracken area and the steep banks under the trees are smothered with bluebells - certainly a gorgeous sight!

Nov. 014.jpg

Nov. 015.jpg

Nov. 013.jpg

Nov. 017.jpg

Nov. 018.jpg

Nov. 019.jpg

OK enough of boring scenery and on to the minis. LOL!! First they got moved from those dell fields into the first 9 acres of their 'winter fields', but when I went to take pics, I had to just spy on them from a distance as a lot of them were asleep!

Then came the snow, so 2 big round bales were put out in the neighbouring field and the mares and foals (not yet weaned) plus a few of the older ones, were let through for 'first pickings'! Sorry, the sun made a couple of the pics a bit dark, plus everyone was soaking wet!! But, as I have said before, our minis liv nder 'natural' conditions!

Nov. 020.jpgNov. 021.jpgJan 002.jpgJan 003.jpgJan 005.jpgJan 008.jpg

After 24 hours the rest of the herd were let through - 54 little mouths eating, trampling and sleeping on the hay bales. LOL!!

Jan 013.jpgJan 014.jpgJan 015.jpgJan 016.jpgJan 017.jpgJan 018.jpg

Yesterday half the herd (the real fatties!) were returned to their winter fields before they could munch their lazy way to being even fatter (the snow has started to melt so they can busy themselves searching for the appearing grass!!) So to today and some up to date pics - most of them snoozing in the warm sun in front of the new bales put out yesterday. You may spot little Ferret sleeping with his Momma (bay) and his Auntie Jelly, also one of Whizz and Shiv passing the time of day!

Jan 025.jpgJan 022.jpgJan 024.jpgJan 026.jpgJan 023.jpgJan 027.jpg

THAT's ALL FOLKS!!

Thanks for the pictures, i love seeing all your little minis
default_smile.png
i especially love i think his name was ferret?

As a ps I decided to add just one more - the two senior girls, little Heidi at 25 this year and old Bess at 29. They are the only two I have the space to house now the building work has taken away all my precious stables. They have their own 2 acre paddock and go out all day normally, but with the snow just a morning or afternoon now to stretch their legs. It was such a lovely day today I snapped a couple of pics of the scruffy pair!!

Jan 028.jpgJan 029.jpg

I have only had Heidi for around 8 or 9 years, but Bess came to us at 15.

Blessed are the special golden oldies!

Aw, love all the pics, and bless little Heidi and Bess, such a cute pair.

LOVE the photos! Everyone looks just super! I have a real soft spot for the 2 oldies, I just want to hug them
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back