Anna's Girls - Updated news.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your mares are all soo pretty, and their manes are soo thick and long
default_smile.png

LOL!! Diane - I thought he might suit you!! Not many new borns that get to spend the nights of the first two months of their lives tucked up inside a padded coat, helping to foal down mini mares - he was born right at th wrong time - mid March!! Good job the children's welfare folk didnt get to find out what was going on.
default_whistling.gif

Ok my firends, another update on the building works. Oh my has it been manic!! There are so many things going on at once. Aside from all the digging/ground clearance and plant and heavy machinery lumbering around the place (the silence at the end of the day when they stop work is BLISS!!) we have also been working in the house making space for our friend Pat and her adult daughter Gemma to move in. Pat will be buying the large barn and some 7 acres from us (it was always planned that we would get together and amalgamate (sp?) our mini herds/programmes). Pat has sold her place and has to be out of there this coming weekend. We already have 4 of her mares running here with ours and the next 4 arrive on Friday - we have had them all here before at grass so when they arrive they will just be added to our herd and left to sort themselves out/get re-aquainted - her two other mares and their foals are at Cathy's place at the moment and will move later. Pat's 4 boys will move Monday morning. In the meantime we have been shunting furniture/clearing out rooms in the house here to accommodate Pat and Gemma and a lot of their furniture (plus their 4 dogs!) - the rest of Pat's stuff and our, now chucked out, furniture is being put into the smaller stone barn, which wont be converted until the big barn is finished. Yesterday in the pouring rain we unloaded two horse trailer loads of Pat's stuff into the house, another load due today - hopefully in slightly better weather! There have also been loads of horse stuff arriving, plus masses of stall mats and useful wood panels as Pat dismantles her internal stables to re-erect everything in the barn here on her 7 acres.

Everything here is turning to mud as the machines continue with their work and with all the 'ins and outs' as workers come and go to make continuous 'cuppa's, the inside of our house is starting to look as muddy as the outside - doggy footprints dont help either!!

Euros and his brother have been doing most of the ground work with their huge farm machinery - they have dug a huge area out round Pat's field barn, which in the future will be hardcored, but has made an awful mess! We, together with Gemma, have removed all the internal walls of this barn and Euro has now mucked it out completely so they can organise their own internals in there - our muck heap is getting BIGGER!!

The entrance to poor Mootie's barn has been dug out (well half way into his barn actually) to level the ground alongside the big barn as this will eventually be part of Pat's 'garden', so Moots had a bit of a shock when the machines eventually went quiet last night and I fetched him in from the field in the dark, and he found he had to use a little ledge to squeeze along to reach his stable!

So our main concern at the moment is to get Pat safely moved over the next 4 days - plus they still have to build and bed up their stables to at least house their boys and Gemma's onne big horse, then once they are all here it will be trying to work out our squashed living together routine plus getting Pat's horses settled safely into their new accommodation, while dodging round all the external work going on. CHAOS!! LOL!!

As I have now waffled on too much I think I will have to post the recent pics in another post! So scroll on my friends.
default_yes.gif

Here are the recent pics - will get more today. For those of you reading all this for the first time, you might need to go back a couple of pages to get the start of this now on-going farm story!

October 055.jpg

October 056.jpg

October 057.jpg

October 058.jpg

October 059.jpg

October 062.jpg

Narcotics was at the gate of her field, keeping an eye on the growing heap of muck and soil that's piling up, and the three babies come to check on things too.

Will get some more pics of other areas today.

October 063.jpg

October 064.jpg

October 065.jpg

October 066.jpg

Your babies are so lovely. See them longly looking at all the mud to roll in lol.

Keep up the good reno work, talk about a busy life!

Just taken a chill pill (LOL!!) after a rather scarey day - lost one of the cats!! Like the others, she is always around, always in my face or interferring with what is going on. She usually sleeps at night either in the airing cupboard on the 'kitty bed' or on the bathroom floor over one of the hot pipes. A visit to the loo in the middle of the night and no cat. Morning and no cat anywhere. Starting to panic, trying to remember when I last saw her. Did she get into a workers van the teatime before or even into the trailer bringing Gemma's stuff over?? Did she get run over by the big machinery or even (heaven forbid) buried under a load of soil and rubbish as they tipped out the huge loads of muck and rubbish down by the muck heap - they wouldn't have seen her if she dashed passed at the wrong moment? I searched everywhere, I even walked the field hedgerows and trees in case something had frightened her and she was now stuck high up a tree. We worked out that she was last actually seen by someone around teatime the evening before, but just couldn't think of anywhere she could be unless she was dead. Mid afternoon today I was in the loo and M (dog) followed me into the bathroom, I was speaking to her telling her to get out when I heard a mew! Immediately called Callie (cat) and got an answering mew - from above my head!! She was in the house loft!!! Of course, the one thing we had forgotten was the fact that we had the step ladders up to the loft while putting some boxes up there out of the way and they were left there with the loft trap open for at least an hour afterwards until we remembered them and took them down. But being the fact that they were short ladders and the flat top was at least 3 foot below the loft hatchway, she must have done a very big leap to actually get up there.

But who cares!! At least we found her - looking a bit grubby and rather hungrey. LOL!! Where is she now? Curled up asleep in the bathroom on her hot pipe!!

It's a cats job to randomly terrify us utterly!
default_new_rofl.gif
Keeps us on our toes!

Looks like you'll have a lot on your plate for awhile, have fun and enjoy the ride
default_wink.png

Narcotics was at the gate of her field, keeping an eye on the growing heap of muck and soil that's piling up, and the three babies come to check on things too.

Will get some more pics of other areas today.
Im in love with your very loud little one in the middle, he/she is adorable
default_smile.png

LOL!! That's the Ferret and he's a little g*t - typical little man syndrome!! We haven't bred any mares for next year so that we can concentrate on some showing and we hope that he will be one of the team. Not had the time to really judge him yet, but from the look of his 'activities' in the field, things look promising - he certainly has the 'attitude'!!

Next update! Pat's last 4 girls arrived safely and joined the mare herd with no problems - just caused a load of racing around the herd's 28 acres and the mares and foals to race around their ajoining 3 acre paddock. I tried to get pictures but ended up with a load of blurrrrrrrs until they all calmed down LOL!!

We continued moving Pat and Gemma's stuff all week and yesterday (Sunday) in the pouring rain (of course!) the final trailer load of Pat's big furniture arrived. She is having our big lounge (inglenook fireplace with wood burner) divided as a bedroom and living room, our large kitchen/dining room will be shared space, doors have been 'sealed'/kept closed so that my upstairs space will be a safe haven for the cats away from Pat's 4 dogs. Cats can use the catflap in the rear porch door and run straight up stairs or come in through my bedroom window via a ladder and the roof of this porch (which they aready use!) Their food is up in my room not in the kitchen any more.

Pat moved in and Gemma returned back to their old home to keep the dogs company for one last night - they will all arrive today. Our flat bed trailer is still over at Pat's old place ready for the final move today of outside bits and pieces and Cathy will be going over with the cattle trailer to collect Pat's last 4 mini boys - will will chuck them out in one of what will be Pat's fields here until Gemma can get their stalls built in their barn (tomorrow's job!) Gemma's big horse, Panic - what a name!! - is actually grazing a small field belonging to a neighbour of Pat's and will be arriving here on Tuesday. Poor boy is not too happy about being left out in a field for the past few days, inspite of being well wrapped up in his rugs, but his stable has been dismantled to be moved into the barn here so he had no choice!

So still another couple of busy days to go, but at least the rain has cleared and the weather looks clear, although cold, for the next few days.

OK, waffled too much again, - pics in the next couple of posts!

Ok, mixed pics showing the new driveway under construction to the house (ready for the eventual sale), Pat's barn, other general pics and some of the herd once they stopped rushing around!

October 075.jpgOctober 080.jpg

Pat's 'gutted' barn and one of the entrances to her fields showing the mess made during the work!

October 078.jpgOctober 079.jpg

Hamish's mobile stood here in the way of where the new drive will go on its way round to the front of the house, so it got pulled down next to the barn attached to the house - it was not easy to move!!

Ooops run out of time - gotta go do the Mootie and check the girls - more after breakfast time!

October 076.jpg

I feel like I should be humming the theme to Grand Designs when reading your posts these days!
default_new_rofl.gif

LOL!! Bree well I dont have any foalng mares to chat about!!

OK, allowing for the fact that you must all be fed up with wrecked buildings and muddy pictures, I think I'll change to a few of the girls.................................. if they will stand still long enough!!

No such luck LOL!!

October 081.jpgOctober 083.jpgOctober 084.jpgOctober 085.jpgOctober 087.jpg

You see my difficulty!! Next post for some STILL pics.
default_yes.gif

Ok a few sensible pictures. The first big lump is Narcotic's 4 year old daughter and NO she is not in foal!

Then Narcotics and her daughter - look at that beard (how unladylike!!) Think half sister Wizz is also in the first pic.

Then a pic of some of the others either side of the field division, and some of the herd mares that ended their mad chase around by gathering near the gate into our back garden.

As you can see from the pics, the mares and foals have grass in their field - the fat lumps have no grass left on their huge acreage - so why are they so FAT?????

Thanks for looking guys.
default_yes.gif

October 088.jpgOctober 089.jpgOctober 091.jpgOctober 090.jpgOctober 092.jpgOctober 093.jpg

What a cute bunch of little fatties! I'm not so worried about Sweety foundering now if yours are so chubby and completely fine lol.

Few more pics of the work here. First, the spur drive off the main drive to give us another entrance to our house - remember we had to tug Hamish's mobile home down out of the way?

At the start.

October 075.jpgOctober 076.jpg

Nearly done and then finished, apart from tidying the earth bank on the right and errecting a new fence for the field.

October 080.jpgOctober 104.jpg

Next post with news about our new main drive.

Latest posts

Back