Warning...Bluemountain.com ecards possible virus email

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minisaremighty

Reaction score
I occasionally recieve ecards from a friend via bluemountain.com, so when I received an email notification from bluemountain.com this morning, I didn't think twice about it. However, the link looked off to me, and when clicked, it tried to open and exe file :new_shocked: I opted out of that and checked the Properties of the email addy and discovered it did NOT originate from bluemountain.com

This is a warning to those of you who've maybe never recieved a legit email from them and might be tempted to click OK to open the exe file. That is NOT how they send email. The link always goes to a created webpage. I will be checking the properties of the email from now on when it comes to bluemountain or any other place that gives me a link to click.

What was so annoying about this is most people wouldn't think twice about it since it's just to pick up a greeting card. It's not asking for info of any kind, however, opening that exe file could cause some serious damage to your computer. Believe me, I know, as my kids opened one once and the computer has never been the same :eek:

Within the last few weeks I have been getting so many of these emails. Telling me a neighbor or a classmate has sent one to me..etc...I don't even go into it I automatically delete it. Geesh! Don't people have better things to do?

I have seen that one too. Is getting to the point , I do not open any mail that I do not know who it is coming from.

So if you email me and do not hear from me in a couple of days..send your email again, as it might of gotten dumped in my spam filter.

I've been getting tons of emails about greeting cards supposedly from several different card places. I've just been deleting the emails. I've also been getting a bunch with like "proposal", etc., in the topic lately and delete them, too.

I've been getting tons of them too over the last few weeks. They hit my spam box and I delete them.

Our local news station just had it on about the greeting cards. Major, major worm enclosed! I just had one from American Greetings, and I deleted it just to be safe.

Yep, I've gotten them too lately. Aggravating.

Jan

I to, am getting TONS of email junk lately. This coming week we are going wireless,,YEAH :aktion033: :aktion033: finally ..and I am hoping most of this junk stops, since I will have a new email address. The card ones I are suppose to be coming from friends, classmates, and you name it...everything gets deleated. Corinne

We've also been getting a number of ecards from various companies........the latest was claiming to be from hallmark. I've been deleting them as well.

MA

I just went to look at my e-mail that isn't downloaded and found my Virus alert held 54 messages with viruses since 7/21. I sure like the way this mail works.

Back