posting a lot lately, what's with that?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
Seems like I go thru stage where I don't have anything to say (yeah, right) and then I post like crazy for a while. So here's the latest. We decided to go on our honeymoon (10 1/2 years after our wedding, no sense rushing these things) even though hubby was laid off by the federal government as of the 24th of this month. So, here we are trying to decide how to spend our money and how much we're going to need to live on, making lists, checking them twice (sorta like Santa) and here he gets an email yesterday. Seems like his contract "may" be extended. His company said they'd let him know once we get back from our vacation. Boy am I glad we didn't cancel that darn thing. So now he may have a job to come home to, or he may not. Personally, I'm a tad more relaxed about the whole thing because he made this long list of all our expenses, what he'd get from social security and what we'd have to take out of our retirement money and (even though I'm a worrier at heart and will continue to worry about pretty much everything right up until the day I die), I do feel better about the whole situation. Since he works out of our house, on the computer, it isn't like his job is a real hardship for him. And it's only part time, anyway, but it does cover all our living expenses. So, I'd love to see his job continue for years (but that's just me. HIm - not so much!!)

So we'll go on our cruise, and hopefully when we get home there will be a nice email waiting for us saying his contract has been extended. I'd cross my fingers about it, but it makes it really hard to type that way.

Well I'm glad you're posting! I enjoy hearing from you
default_smile.png

And I'm hoping really hard that they do extend his job longer.

Back