177 confiscated horses up for auction *UPDATES 11/18 & 11/30 pg 1*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohmt

Reaction score
The 177 miniature horses that were confiscated from Kandi Crow are going to be auctioned off
default_sad.png

I really dislike how they are handling this, but I'll admit that I have no idea how these things usually go. I just hope that the horses go to good homes. They really deserve it after all they've been through. Looks like some will come with papers, but from what I've heard about Kandi, they may not be accurate, which is a shame. Just wish the whole thing could have gone differently and I wish I could go there and bring a few home.

Here is a link to the auction info if anyone is interested in going.

http://www.liska-auc...auctions/dec-8/

UPDATE 11/30/12 There will be a Meet and Greet after the preview starting at 5:30 hosted by Kathi Donnell at Taprock event center. This will be a Mexican buffet with appetizer, dinner and dessert for $23.95. No host bar available. We will be having guest speakers you won't want to miss if you are going.

The vet who cared for the horses and a presentation by Anna from Equamore Horse Sanctuary will be speaking and we have invited the DA, Animal Control and the person who has been caring for these horses since they have been confiscated.

Everyone one is invited to attend but if you do plan to come to the Meet and Greet please email me so I can keep a count for the dinner. Donations appreciated to pay for the dinners of our guest speakers.

Kathi Donnell [email protected]

UPDATE 11/11/12

There are now pictures on the auction link of horses that will be auctioned off. A lot of very malnourished horses that need some TLC. Some mares with foals at side and mares looking pretty round and in foal. Stallions/colts are all being kept in tact, unfortunately. Mostly pet quality, but a few that I spotted while skimming through that looked pretty nice. All need good homes though!

UPDATE 11/16:

ALL horses will have their coggins and health certificates done prior to the auction!!! They will also have another round with the farrier and dewormer
default_smile.png
WHOOHOOO!! The county is trying very hard to do right by these horses. They deserve a pat on the back.

UPDATE 11/18:

For those that asked for a list of the horses with names, dob, reg, etc., I have finally compiled my list. Now I will get reg #'s done, hopefully!

Here is the link to a pdf file: http://webpages.char...ssauction2.pdf

If you can not open that, I can also send a docx file, but it is VERY large. I am also working on putting it all onto a webpage so those without a way to access the documents can still take a look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: wcr
Would you please be so kind as to provide a little more detail, such as who is Candi Crowe, maybe farm name, famous horses, why were they taken, why so many? Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Thanks for the info. Amanda.

I do not like that they are being auctioned off, and probably dirt cheap so what is going to happen to them after that ? One can only hope that good knowledgeable people buy them but in this economy and some not registered ..... that's a lot of minis.

Eveyone. CMHR was on this situation the minute we heard about it and offered our services to them.

We still want to help. We have the means to do so and get some of these horses out of there BUTTTT we need foster homes for them. Cannot do a thing without people stepping up to foster.so please do so now. If you are within that state it sure would make things easier but we will take people anywhere. Please do note: We do not dole out horses just to anyone to foster. We do have an application that has to be approved first by all Board members so go to our website at www.chancesminihorserescue.org

and apply. Must move quickly~ You can call Connie at 1-586-850-2343

Thank you SO much, Marty! I am hoping and praying that more foster homes step forward. I so wish I was closer to them.

Is Tucson Arizona too far for me to be a foster home? We have plenty of room and are very knowledgeable about Miniatures as well as riding horses...

Kari

Fill out the application Kari! We will take all applications from anywhere all the time!

To see how you can help financially if you can not foster, please look at the thread, $3 Mission of Thanks! We currently have a great match going on.

Many more gifts to come, every little bit will help!!!!!

Thanks CMHR!!

Another BUMP-

Link to auction and pictures of horses being auctioned on the original post.

Some of those pictures just break my heart.
default_no.gif
:No-Sad I sure hope they have good homes and easier lives going forward.

Liz N.

Is there any rescue efforts going on up there? Is there a contact person in Oregon? Do you know if the Humane Association is involved? I'm just wondering if there is someone who is going to the auction who I could contact. I live in New Mexico but could probably buy a couple to rescue, but don't have any contacts in Oregon. Anyone with ideas?

There is a lady by the name of Ana Clay (email is [email protected]) who is coordinating all of the rescue groups and working with the DA. I would contact her and also CMHR and see how you can go about getting a couple of the horses.

To foster for CMHR please visit our website and fill out a foster application. We will also need photos of your farm and 3 letters of reference (vet, farrier, personal). Please send all information to our Secretary Shannon Hobbs. You can find her email address on the website and also on the bottom of the form. The sooner we get the applications in and approved the better as then we will know exactly how many horses we will be able to take in.

We cannot afford to transport horses very far, so the closer to Oregon the better.

Please do not purchase horses and plan to surrender them to CMHR without approval as we will not place them in foster homes that do not have all the required paperwork in and approved. Thank you so much! We have to be sure that we place horses in secure foster homes. Your cooperation is very much appreciated. :)

Warm Regards,

Connie Parr

CMHR President

http://www.chancesminihorserescue.org

The rescue that is coordinating the effort is Equamore Sanctuary. They have a website and have set up an account to be used just for the mini rescue. I'm also going to send out some extra equipment, halters, leads and the like. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I would love to foster or adopt some even but have no way of picking them up or getting them to minnesota.

as I was reading the posts about the minis, I just can believe how many people have stepped up to support these animals. Well, really I can but its just amazing how horse people stick together. Great Team work guys!

I'd love to take in a few myself but I just dont have the facility or the finances to take in any more at this time. I hope and pray they all get good homes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back